The One Direction Appreciation Thread (9)

Comments

• annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    That's good of them to do that. At least you can sit together. I am sure your tickets will be on their way soon. Have you arranged your trip yet?

Yep, it'd be great to be seated next to my sister (especially since her english is not that great...).
    I have already booked the plane tickets, and the sleeping arragements will soon be sorted out hopefully :) Everything looks good!

Now if those concert tickets could be sent soon, that'd be nice!
  • ImperfectPearlsImperfectPearls Posts: 1,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine were from See Tickets as well. Check your spam box. Both my emails went there. If not, I am sure yours will be sent soon if mine are coming.

Oh gosh I just looked and we had one email in the junk folder which was an advertisement. I mentioned it to my mum and she had just gone on the emails and deleted all the junk ones without looking. ^_^

Was it just saying they'll be dispatched soon then? Or was it something to respond to?
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    Yep, it'd be great to be seated next to my sister (especially since her english is not that great...).
    I have already booked the plane tickets, and the sleeping arragements will soon be sorted out hopefully :) Everything looks good!

Now if those concert tickets could be sent soon, that'd be nice!

It's going to be great!!! We'll have to arrange our appreciation thread meetup nearer the time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh gosh I just looked and we had one email in the junk folder which was an advertisement. I mentioned it to my mum and she had just gone on the emails and deleted all the junk ones without looking. -_-

Was it just saying they'll be dispatched soon then? Or was it something to respond to?

It was a bit strange. I bought 8 tickets all together over two orders. I got two emails telling me I need to arrange a delivery time and day. And when I logged in to the Website it said my delivery time was tomorrow already. So I confirmed it. I then got another email a few minutes later telling me to ignore the previous email as the tickets are coming tomorrow anyway. And to only log on if I want it delivered to another address. So It should come tomorrow. I will post the link to the delivery site later once I am home. Just make a note of your order number and you can check if yours have been dispatched.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a bit strange. I bought 8 tickets all together over two orders. I got two emails telling me I need to arrange a delivery time and day. And when I logged in to the Website it said my delivery time was tomorrow already. So I confirmed it. I then got another email a few minutes later telling me to ignore the previous email as the tickets are coming tomorrow anyway. And to only log on if I want it delivered to another address. So It should come tomorrow. I will post the link to the delivery site later once I am home. Just make a note of your order number and you can check if yours have been dispatched.

Oh ok so hopefully if we got one it should of just been to say they're dispatched. Thank you! :)

Sorry about all the questions, I've read about those stories where people have been conned or turn up and their tickets are faulty, it freaks me out. I'd be so sad if that happened to me, I was literally so exited when we got the tickets as I didn't think it would happen. Plus I've never seen them live so I'm very exited!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh ok so hopefully if we got one it should of just been to say they're dispatched. Thank you! :)

Sorry about all the questions, I've read about those stories where people have been conned or turn up and their tickets are faulty, it freaks me out. I'd be so sad if that happened to me, I was literally so exited when we got the tickets as I didn't think it would happen. Plus I've never seen them live so I'm very exited!

You'll be fine. See tickets is very eastablished as a ticket seller. Are you sitting or standing? If so whereabouts? I am sitting both Saturday and Sunday. Not going to the Friday one, although I wish I could!!!

Here's the website for delivery. Enter your order no and postcode:

http://www.thedx.co.uk/delivery

If there is no sign of them on there don't panic. They are probably doing them in stages.
  • DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's interesting what Matty 1975 said, although I'm not massively keen on that approach as it could be seen as a written-by-1975 song rather than the boys' own. Also on Ryan Tedder's quote, I hope the success of SOML hasn't meant that the boys are going to do a tonne of big ballads. I like SOML, TTD etc. but I really wouldn't like an album with more than a handful of ballads next time round.

As much as I'm glad they were generous giving us 18 tracks on delux Midnight Memories I think they should get it down below 14 and weed out the weaker ones. I really want them to get great reviews, they lost a few stars on Something Great alone. But if they have a tonne of people writing/collaborating on songs and lots of different genres going on then I guess they'll have to have a lot of tracks or else there'll be a big quarrel about what to put in it. Unless they do some sort of concept album..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's interesting what Matty 1975 said, although I'm not massively keen on that approach as it could be seen as a written-by-1975 song rather than the boys' own. Also on Ryan Tedder's quote, I hope the success of SOML hasn't meant that the boys are going to do a tonne of big ballads. I like SOML, TTD etc. but I really wouldn't like an album with more than a handful of ballads next time round.

As much as I'm glad they were generous giving us 18 tracks on delux Midnight Memories I think they should get it down below 14 and weed out the weaker ones. I really want them to get great reviews, they lost a few stars on Something Great alone. But if they have a tonne of people writing/collaborating on songs and lots of different genres going on then I guess they'll have to have a lot of tracks or else there'll be a big quarrel about what to put in it. Unless they do some sort of concept album..

I might be in the minority but I really liked Something Great. I think the record label is going to shell out whatever it takes to make sure the next record is a success. I am sure they'll have a ton of great songs to choose from. Lots of artists would kill to have the great songwriters they work with.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'll be fine. See tickets is very eastablished as a ticket seller. Are you sitting or standing? If so whereabouts? I am sitting both Saturday and Sunday. Not going to the Friday one, although I wish I could!!!

Here's the website for delivery. Enter your order no and postcode:

http://www.thedx.co.uk/delivery

If there is no sign of them on there don't panic. They are probably doing them in stages.

I'm standing on the Saturday. It's in the red section which is on the left in between the main stage and b stage. What tier are you in?

Thanks for that, I'll have a look.
  • DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I might be in the minority but I really liked Something Great. I think the record label is going to shell out whatever it takes to make sure the next record is a success. I am sure they'll have a ton of great songs to choose from. Lots of artists would kill to have the great songwriters they work with.

I like Something Great better than I did but it's a bit dreary and I gauge from other sites that it is one of the least loved songs. I think the lyrics needed vocals with more bite and I always turn the volume down on the start and end. It was disliked by critics and I really want them to make a tight & solid & mildly innovative album that wins older fans and good reviews. Hopefully without completely alienating the current fanbase though they'll lose the tweens soon enough. It's tricky because a lot of fans love Louis's voice but it is quite marmite and he doesn't sing his best in TV performances. We'll see how You & I does, I think SOML gained people's interest but they need to consolidate that. Any news on when it's being released for radio in the UK? I'm guessing a few weeks before they perform it on Britain's Got Talent then on sale end May. I wonder if they'll package it as an EP like Midnight Memories to get fans to buy it.

SOML just come on Radio 1 :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The tickets arrived!! They're really big tickets. The standing ones are portrait and the seating ones are landscape. There's a nice nice big pic of the guys on each ticket. Really nice as a soveneir for after the show.
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really believe that rumour to be honest. They have management already and are doing pretty well without Modest. In terms of 1D tweeting about them, I think they're pretty close to the 5SOS guys so they're just helping their friends out.

Billboard just did a big feature on 5SOS. It confirms that they are represented by Modest Management.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    Billboard just did a big feature on 5SOS. It confirms that they are represented by Modest Management.

They are still listed on Wonder Managements website. No sign of them on Modest's website. It could just be Billboard read all the twitter stuff and took it as gospel.
    http://wondermgmt.com/#roster
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm standing on the Saturday. It's in the red section which is on the left in between the main stage and b stage. What tier are you in?

Thanks for that, I'll have a look.

I am in 125 on Saturday and 122 (I think) with Abz and twingle on Sunday. abz has the tickets.
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are still listed on Wonder Managements website. No sign of them on Modest's website. It could just be Billboard read all the twitter stuff and took it as gospel.

Apparently one of the Modest Management Executives has been accompanying 5SOS around the US for interviews etc. I expect there may be some sort of announcement in the near future.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am in 125 on Saturday and 122 (I think) with Abz and twingle on Sunday. abz has the tickets.

According to the info on the Ticketmaster receipt, I am in 126 for both tickets (used to be 122 & 126). I suppose it's relatively close to the stage, so that's good, but that's very much on one side too, so I have no clue what it will be like... Oh well, I am happy to go & let's hope the view will be good. :)
    Like Imperfectpearl, it's my 1st 1D concert, it's quite exciting! It's also my first time in such a huge stadium (well I don't go to stadiums since I am not into any sport...). Looking forward to that as well!

Are there only 5 people from this thread who are going to the tour or are there some more?
  • andi84andi84 Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to the info on the Ticketmaster receipt, I am in 126 for both tickets (used to be 122 & 126). I suppose it's relatively close to the stage, so that's good, but that's very much on one side too, so I have no clue what it will be like... Oh well, I am happy to go & let's hope the view will be good. :)
    Like Imperfectpearl, it's my 1st 1D concert, it's quite exciting! It's also my first time in such a huge stadium (well I don't go to stadiums since I am not into any sport...). Looking forward to that as well!

Are there only 5 people from this thread who are going to the tour or are there some more?

I'm not going... I really don't see myself attending a concert where 95% of the audience are teenage girls :D If I win tickets I might think about it though... ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's quite good then. I'd hate to be sitting right at the top of the back. The boys would be like dots!

I checked that website and it said no match. If the tickets don't arrive soon I'll get my mum to call them or email. We've got the order number obviously so it should be fine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andi84 wrote: »
    I'm not going... I really don't see myself attending a concert where 95% of the audience are teenage girls :D If I win tickets I might think about it though... ;)

Oh I'm sure it'd be fine! I mean they'd all be so exited about seeing the band so I doubt they'd take much notice. I'm going with my mum who's 50 (my friends aren't big fans of 1D like me and my mum really wanted to go too) and she doesn't care even though my dad keeps reminding her she'll be the oldest person there. Lol! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I'm sure it'd be fine! I mean they'd all be so exited about seeing the band so I doubt they'd take much notice. I'm going with my mum who's 50 (my friends aren't big fans of 1D like me and my mum really wanted to go too) and she doesn't care even though my dad keeps reminding her she'll be the oldest person there. Lol! :D

When I went to the 02 there was loads of adults there. Some were obviously parents, but I also saw loads of groups of friends in their 20's and 30's both men and women. I read somewhere, that around 30 percent of their fanbase that buy their records are over 30! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As far as I can remember 126 is the tier on the left closest to the stage, so you should have an excellent view.

Edit, just found a map, and it is the closest!!! You're very lucky! :D No tickets are sold for 127 onwards round to about 141 I think.

https://www.stargreen.com/media/Wembley-stadium.gif

Is it the Saturday, you're going too? I am in 125, so not far away! :D
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No she won't as I am older than your mum :D I am going to pretend I am MTUK or Albrighty's mum even if I look like neither of them :D:D:D I was in two minds too but thought heck we only live once!!
  • andi84andi84 Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Behind the scenes of the "That Moment" video shoot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZddNhrlTOY&feature=youtu.be
    Hilarious! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    No she won't as I am older than your mum :D I am going to pretend I am MTUK or Albrighty's mum even if I look like neither of them :D:D:D I was in two minds too but thought heck we only live once!!

You can adopt us both for the day! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andi84 wrote: »
    Behind the scenes of the "That Moment" video shoot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZddNhrlTOY&feature=youtu.be
    Hilarious! :D

It looks like they had a good time! :D