Quick update Ref EPG Update

Comments

• Central cakeCentral cake Posts: 5,625
    Forum Member
    Good god all these posts about pushing buttons maybe one more time. What did we do before remotes when we had to get up?
  • KesterKKesterK Posts: 3,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good god all these posts about pushing buttons maybe one more time. What did we do before remotes when we had to get up?

Use a long stick?
  • aerofly2aerofly2 Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You mean you never used a big stick with a rubber on the end :D
    Forum Member
    aerofly2 wrote: »
    You mean you never used a big stick with a rubber on the end :D

What if you had a turn dial as opposed to a button?
  • aerofly2aerofly2 Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's what the rubber bit was for :)
    Forum Member
    aerofly2 wrote: »
    That's what the rubber bit was for :)

What if it was on the side or top :D
  • Deacon1972Deacon1972 Posts: 8,171
    Forum Member
    Still using remotes, how old fashioned. :D

Not used one for what must be over 12 months now, I find my tablet or mobile so much easier operating the TV, Sky boxes, amp, media player, and laptop.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deacon1972 wrote: »
    Still using remotes, how old fashioned. :D

Not used one for what must be over 12 months now, I find my tablet or mobile so much easier operating the TV, Sky boxes, amp, media player, and laptop.

Use a tablet/laptop/smart phone all day....quite nice to be able to switch off from one and use a quaint old squeaky remote! :D
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our Pace box got the update on Tuesday morning but our Samsung has not as yet. I assume there must be more Samsungs to update and it will come in a week or two.

I like the new look and some of the catch up features are useful - like new series.

The tip about how to access the channel listings directly is handy, thanks to all who suggested it.

How early are series link recordings ending without a reset? So far I have not noticed anything from ones recorded that way. But I have only watched two or three recorded since Tuesday AM.

For instance, both Bones episodes on the planner recorded last week (pre update) and last night (post update) show as being 65 minutes long - exactly as set. Do they say that and play less time in reality?

I also like the exact file size rather than gesstimate for each recording (eg 2.1%), useful if you have the basic sized (ie tiny!) hdds on the older boxes.

All in all a neat simple but useful update. Well done Sky.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/510YV6pBfGL._SL1500_.jpg
    Forum Member
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No need to get up out of the chair in the old days , just an instruction to the missus to change the channel over and go put the kettle on :)
    Forum Member
    No need to get up out of the chair in the old days , just an instruction to the missus to change the channel over and go put the kettle on :)

Ha. I missed the good old days.
  • DoddieDoddie Posts: 1,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotrjw wrote: »
    More like type in 141 for BBC 1 and 102 for BBC 2 (in England) and 101 and 142 in NI, Scotland and Wales!
    Not strictly true for BBC Scotland, BBC1 Scotland (HD) is 101, BBC2 Scotland (SD) is 102... there is no BBC2 Scotland HD. ;-)
  • hall2056hall2056 Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    My DRX 895 box was updated last night, I like the look of new guide, which has worked well on the Ipad for the last few weeks

hall2056
  • tvsatweektvsatweek Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best of on demand on the main screen guide with 8 boxes when you select best of on demand it goes to showcase it should say best of they need to fix this

Also

When you select remind once or remind series and you get a clock icon in the TV guide if you select remind series you should also get a series link icon in the tv Gide next to the clock icon like you do in the planner ie up down arrow they need to add this

Also

I would like in the sky epg TV guide all channels
    Next to the round clock where you have set a reminder I would like a series link icon like you have in the planer all
    Also

When you get the pop up for sky + reminder this programme is about to start have a series link icon on that as well

Also when your in epg TV guide all channels you get sky + reminder this programme is about to start you do get series icon here but not on the other two

Also

You have on the sky + hd box in the search section Tv & on demand can you add two more boxes in the search 1 for tv and 1 for on demand so you have 3 boxes

Also

You put NEW in the epg TV guide can you please remove it and put it in information i on sky remote control if it's just a 1 (1/1) episode

Also can you also add NEW SERIES if it's lots of them 1 of 24 (1/24) episodes

Also where you have hd ad dd w s in information i on sky remote control can you add R for repeat and SL for signing

Also 3D if it simulcast in 3D

Also

Can you please add. sky news radio and sky sports news radio to the list of radio channels

And also

Can you add now next later or just now and next for what's on like in the tv section

For the big TV guide epg and the little long rectangle box at the bottom of the tv screen when you press select twice

Can you do all this for radio section
  • molleymolley Posts: 25,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doddie wrote: »
    Not strictly true for BBC Scotland, BBC1 Scotland (HD) is 101, BBC2 Scotland (SD) is 102... there is no BBC2 Scotland HD. ;-)

I'm in Scotland .101 is BBC1 Scotland (SD) 141 is BBC1 Scotland (HD) unless I'm misunderstanding what you say ?
  • kenedinkenedin Posts: 547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    molley wrote: »
    I'm in Scotland .101 is BBC1 Scotland (SD) 141 is BBC1 Scotland (HD) unless I'm misunderstanding what you say ?

Edinburgh calling.........BBC One Scot HD is 101, BBC Two Scot is 102, BBC One Scot is 141 and BBC Two HD is 142.
  • biggrizz1biggrizz1 Posts: 13
    Forum Member

I'm in Fife and 101 is BBC1 Scotland HD and 141 is BBC1 Scotland SD
  • molleymolley Posts: 25,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biggrizz1 wrote: »
    I'm in Fife and 101 is BBC1 Scotland HD and 141 is BBC1 Scotland SD

This is weird ...anyone explain why the difference ?

Dunno if this makes things clearer
    http://www.simplifydigital.co.uk/news/articles/2014/03/bbc-one-hd-to-move-to-position-101-on-sky-epg/
  • mjrmjr Posts: 2,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As far as I know the swaps only happen if you have the HD pack on your subscription, even though the channels are free to air.
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Dunno if this makes things clearer
    http://www.simplifydigital.co.uk/news/articles/2014/03/bbc-one-hd-to-move-to-position-101-on-sky-epg/
    mjr wrote: »
    As far as I know the swaps only happen if you have the HD pack on your subscription, even though the channels are free to air.

The BBC 1 HD swap only happens in the nations and BBC 2 HD swap only happens in England, this page explains how it all works on both Sky and freesat: http://www.a516digital.com/2014/03/bbc-one-hd-national-variants-to-become.html
  • RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,946
    Forum Member
    lotrjw wrote: »
    The BBC 1 HD swap only happens in the nations and BBC 2 HD swap only happens in England, this page explains how it all works on both Sky and freesat: http://www.a516digital.com/2014/03/bbc-one-hd-national-variants-to-become.html

More to the point as mjr points out the swaps only happen at all if you have the HD pack (which is what is causing the confusion here) although the link you provide does show a column in the table for Sky viewers which confirms this.

I presume that means that if you live in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland and don't have the HD pack you get BBC One Sco/Wal/NI HD at 141 and BBC Two Eng HD at 142 so at least the HD versions are next to each other for those viewers!
  • Steve™Steve™ Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    Good evening to you all.

Just to let you know , the new slightly tinkered Sky EPG is planned to start rolling out this month.

Regards as always

Beryl

I wonder if the update will enable people who were loyal customers for years to be able to record to their boxes even once the subscription is stopped?

I for example was a customer for 8 years. When I stopped my subscription I discovered Sky had rendered my box a useless paperweight.

And that is one of the reasons why even a 50% off for a year deal to return is not enticing in any way:kitty:
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve™ wrote: »
    I wonder if the update will enable people who were loyal customers for years to be able to record to their boxes even once the subscription is stopped?

I for example was a customer for 8 years. When I stopped my subscription I discovered Sky had rendered my box a useless paperweight.

And that is one of the reasons why even a 50% off for a year deal to return is not enticing in the any way:kitty:

So you want to stop paying Sky but not pay them.

In terms of Sky, 8 years isn't such a big thing. Many people are well into their 2nd decade