War On The Dancefloor (Series 2) - Show Three

DingDong08DingDong08 Posts: 8,600
Forum Member
Why, good morning to you there, and welcome to the third live show of War On The Dancefloor. :)

This week, our eight couples have been split into four pairs to prepare either a saucy Samba or a very nice Viennese Waltz (:p) in order to impress our judges and you at home, to survive this round's elimination. And, with IMMUNITY on the cards for the pairing with the highest score at the end of this round, the pressure is well-and-truly setting in. So, are you ready? ;-)

Without further ado, please welcome the stars of our show:

Amy (TheAuburnEnigma) & Brendan Cole
Callum (doctorwhofancal) & Ola Jordan
Danny (Damahepa) & Karen Hauer
Eliza (puppylove7) & James Jordan
Jess (I’ve Got Class) & Aljaz Skorjanec
Katie (xKatieLx) & Artem Chigvintsev
Queenie (dancing.queen) & Pasha Kovalev
Ross (rosco2010) & Natalie Lowe

And let’s not forget to welcome our judges for this round:

Ash (essexboyash)
Jas (king yrcanos)
Izzie (IzzieStar)
, who is kindly stepping in for Myk. :)

Opening the show with a Viennese Waltz are Katie & Artem and Ross & Natalie! :)

Comments

• DingDong08DingDong08 Posts: 8,600
    Forum Member
    Katie & Artem and Ross & Natalie dance a Viennese Waltz to Game Of Thrones Main Theme from Game Of Thrones (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-TOHc7I1pc).

Male Costume: http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v2/1316818725_1/2014-Fashion-Full-Length-font-b-Tuxedo-b-font-Steampunk-Swallowtail-Costume-for-Men-Special-occasions.jpg
    Female Costume: http://www.fairygothmother.co.uk/newimages3/large/fgm-pigallel.jpg

Ash: 6
    Jas: 5
    Izzie: 4

Some slightly varying opinions within our panel there, as a four from Izzie contrasts with a six from Ash to bring Katie and Ross to an overall total of 15!

Izzie's Comment: The song was a brilliant starting point for this routine and gave you the potential to be quite experimental with the costumes and, although you did do that, you didn’t quite capitalise on it enough. The female costume in particular was fitting with the music, but you could have at least explained why you chose that particular costume within the context of the dance.

Up next with a Samba are Danny & Karen and Eliza & James! :)
    Forum Member
    Danny & Karen and Eliza & James dance a Samba to Play That Funky Music by Wild Cherry (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRr2kf84V2M).

The theme of the dance will be a 70s disco/party theme, capturing the carnival feel and colours of a traditional Samba, but with a twist. The costumes shall reflect this theme.
    Male Costume: http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxMjAw/z/H-EAAOxyGwNTCb4d/$_35.JPG
    Female Costume: The upper part of the lady's outfit will be based around a tube top, which will be coloured in vibrant psychedelic colours. Around the base of the top will be some coloured fringing to provide texture and dynamism to the Samba. The lady will also be wearing like-coloured gloves which extend up her arm and beyond her elbow, which will also be fringed along the length to accentuated the bounce and dynamics of the dance. In keeping with the 70s theme, the woman will be wearing matching coloured trousers, which will be fringed at the bottom to create the flared effect synonymous with the period. She will have white boots with a high heel to keep with the party feel of the dance. Her hair will be let down, and held back with a thick headband to complete the 70s look.

Ash: 7
    Jas: 6
    Izzie: 6

Our judges fairly in-sync with each other for a change there, as two sixes and a seven from Ash help Danny and Eliza up the leaderboard to an overall total of 19!

Jas' Comment: The theme for the dance is both a carnival and the 70’s? Combining the two of them didn’t work for me – in addition to this, the male costume is in a completely different style to the female one. To be honest, you should have just kept the 70's theme, because the song does not remind me of a carnival. To quote Natalie Imbruglia, "I'm torn", because one of you has worked on the 70’s theme while the other clearly did not.

Hoping not to receive quite such harsh words with a Viennese Waltz are Callum & Ola and Jess & Aljaz! :)
    Forum Member
    Callum & Ola and Jess & Aljaz dance a Viennese Waltz to Perfect Day by Duran Duran (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LijuLrlXQ9g).

Male Costume: The male's costume starts off with a Welkin blue silk waistcoat. The shoulder pads will be a darker shade, more Mariana blue. The audience will only be able to see the bottom of his shirt which shall be a really pale blue. He shall wear a tie that is Zenith blue with Barmiyan blue stripes. His trousers shall be quite loose but not baggy. They shall be a light grey, while a black leather belt holds them together. His shoes will be a dark grey base with turquoise top, TJ laces which shall be Barmiyan blue.
    Female Costume: http://colorfulworldstore.com/upload/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=326

Ash: 6
    Jas: 7
    Izzie: 5

Jas being the generous judge this time, bringing out his seven paddle, while decent marks from the others give Callum and Jess an overall total of 18!

Ash's Comment: I didn't mind the song choice – it certainly was not weak, but didn’t overly strike me. The costumes were decent, too, and I did notice your attention to detail which is good, even if the female costume was not so detailed. The male outfit was a lot stronger but it did see like you were describing the blue section of a Dulux colour chart more than a male costume, which did draw away from its full potential.

And closing the show with a Samba are Amy & Brendan and Queenie & Pasha! :)
    Forum Member
    Amy & Brendan and Queenie & Pasha dance a Samba to Best Years Of Our Lives by Baha Men (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6dfQIuyA9o).

Male Costume: The male will be wearing a short-sleeved turquoise Latin shirt which is embellished with lime green sequins at the back (in a scattered assortment). The shirt will be buttoned up to just above the belly button, and then left loose from there. He also wears black Latin trousers and lime green shoes, while his hair is left as it is.
    Female Costume: The female will be wearing a halter-neck dress that ends at a few inches above knee length. This dress will start being a turquoise colour at the top, and then go through a colour spectrum of blue to green before ending as a lime green at the bottom (the song is from one of the Shrek films, so we wanted a bit of green in the outfits, but not so much that it looked like we just copied from Chelsee & Pasha's Jive). The skirt of the dress is in ruffled layers, and the back of the dress has scattered sequins (like the male's shirt, although only on the top half). Her shoes are turquoise, with her make-up consisting of only having some green eye-shadow (in a slightly darker green than the dress, as we don't want it to be too bright a look). Her hair is mostly down, with a slight 'bun' at the back of her head (if you've ever seen the version of 'Pride & Prejudice' with Keira Knightley, it's how Elizabeth has her hair when she walks to Netherfield to see Jane when she falls ill), and there's turquoise feathers sticking out of this 'bun' in the shape of a sun.

Ash: 8
    Jas: 8
    Izzie: 7

Some very high marks from our panel there, as two eights from Ash and Jas along with a seven from Izzie reward Amy and Queenie with an overall total of 23!

Ash's Comment: A good song choice for the Samba which complemented the costumes well, but could have been slightly more adventurous. The costumes themselves were very descriptive and I could start to picture them in my mind which is always great. I also liked how the two costumes had been thought out in order to contrast with each other.

With all the dancing complete, it's time to have a look at the leaderboard and the (slightly different) voting details... ;-)
    Forum Member
    1st - Amy & Brendan/Queenie & Pasha - 23
    2nd - Danny & Karen/Eliza & James - 19
    3rd - Callum & Ola/Jess & Aljaz - 18
    4th - Katie & Artem/Ross & Natalie - 15

This means that both Amy & Brendan and Queenie & Pasha will receive immunity from this round's elimination, so congratulations to you both. :D

However, for the remaining six couples, it isn't over just yet as...
    THE LINES ARE NOW OPEN! :)

Please rank the individual couples - not the pairings they worked in today - from 6 (your favourite) to 1 (your least favourite) and PM these to me by 7:00pm tonight, when the lines will close and we will discover who will be facing the judges in the bottom-two. ;-)

Thank you very much for reading, and remember... keep dancing. ;-)
    Forum Member
    You still have just over four hours left to cast your votes. ;-)
    Forum Member
    The voting deadline has been extended until 7:30pm instead, which will be briskly followed by the results and the bottom-two vote. ;-)
    Forum Member
    THE LINES HAVE NOW CLOSED! :o

Please do not try to vote as it will no longer be counted. ;-)

Earlier today, our eight couples all took to the dancefloor with their third dance of the series. Two managed to earn immunity, but, for the remaining six, a long wait begun as you, the public, have voted for the favourites to survive another round. It is time to discover the outcome of that vote, and which two couples have found themselves in danger and will have to face the judges tonight. :o

The first couple with a guaranteed space in the next round are...
    Forum Member
    Katie & Artem! :)

However, the first couple in Jeopardy tonight are...
    Forum Member
    Jess & Aljaz! :(

The next couple who are certainly through to the next round are...
    Forum Member
    Danny & Karen! :)

However, the second couple in the danger zone tonight are...
    Forum Member
    Callum & Ola! :(

And the final couple who will be dancing again next round are...
    Forum Member
    Ross & Natalie! :)

However, this does mean that Eliza & James are in Jeopardy tonight. :(
    Forum Member
    Callum & Ola.

Eliza & James.

Jess & Aljaz.

I can reveal the couple who have avoided the bottom-two (and are actually just a random name put in to add tension :p) and are safe are...
  • xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh wow thank you DS, I genuinely thought I was doomed this evening.
    Forum Member
    Callum & Ola! :)

Congratulations to all the couples who are safe and will dance again in Show Four. :D

However, for Eliza & James and Jess & Aljaz, the wait is not quite finished yet, as they are the bottom-two tonight. :( Judges, I will ask you one by one to give me the name of the couple you would like to SAVE and see again in the next round. ;-)

JAS... who would you like to save? :)
  • king yrcanosking yrcanos Posts: 2,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it comes down to who has done better before in the competition and that couple is Jess and Aljaz
    Forum Member
    So, after Jas' vote, Jess & Aljaz are pushed into the lead at this point, but it's still all to play for with two more votes left to be cast. ;-)

IZZIE... who would you like to save? :)
    Forum Member
    While we wait for Izzie's vote, let's ask our final judge for what could be the casting vote. ;-)

ASH... who would you like to save? :)
    Forum Member
    Ash and Izzie have five minutes to cast their votes, before we go straight to the public vote to decide our next ballroom casualty. ;-)
  • ChickenFromKievChickenFromKiev Posts: 7,427
    Forum Member
    Any chance I can get a vote? :)
    Forum Member
    Any chance I can get a vote? :)

I was just about to ask you as a back-up, actually. :D

MYK... who would you like to save? :)
  • doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow! Glad I'm through.
    Forum Member
    Based on the assumption that Myk is about to vote, I will also give him five minutes before going to the public vote - apologies to those watching for how long this is taking. :blush:
    Forum Member
    With only one vote cast by our panel, we will have to go to the public vote to determine who will leave tonight. :o
    Eliza & James.

Jess & Aljaz.

The couple leaving in 8th place tonight are...