Robbie Williams backing Olly to win...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,115
Forum Member
http://www.heatworld.com/Entertainment/Music/2009/12/robbie/

:D

No mention of him appearing on the show this weekend though... unless it's still supposed to be a secret...?

No doubt this will turn into another thread slating Olly after a while, but thought it was worth posting anyway. :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katie841 wrote: »
    http://www.heatworld.com/Entertainment/Music/2009/12/robbie/

:D

No mention of him appearing on the show this weekend though... unless it's still supposed to be a secret...?

No doubt this will turn into another thread slating Olly after a while, but thought it was worth posting anyway. :)

I won't slate. Just constructive comments on your propaganda machine bigging up Olly at the expense of the other two contestants.

Is hard to know who will look less talented on Saturday when they appear on stage together. Robbie or Olly. It will be a close run thing. Robbie is probably the better dancer but its hard to call who the worse singer is.
  • **JennaJ****JennaJ** Posts: 5,041
    Forum Member
    If it's true that Ollys duet is with Robbie, it might just push him ahead............it will be the most entertaining performance for sure.........Robbie is know in the industy for being a fantastic performer & it seems that Olly fans think the same about him.

Add that to the fact that Stacey seems to have been set up being given Michael Buble, nothing remotely like the style she sings & Joe with George Michael who is going to show Joe up if George sings well or epic fail if he doesn't.
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    **JennaJ** wrote: »
    Add that to the fact that Stacey seems to have been set up being given Michael Buble, nothing remotely like the style she sings & Joe with George Michael who is going to show Joe up if George sings well or epic fail if he doesn't.

I think that Stacey has the best partner actually. Buble is amazing live, has a massive fan base (his new album has out sold Robbie's so far) and most importantly he knows how to let the other person shine in duets.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,115
    Forum Member
    Cat Power wrote: »
    I won't slate. Just constructive comments on your propaganda machine bigging up Olly at the expense of the other two contestants. is.

LOL... my propaganda machine? right...

and I don't care about Joe or Stacey so I've rarely posted about either of them...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And - Michael Buble is current!!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well he's hardly going to say 'Although I'm performing with Olly, I actually want Joe to win, so I might throw in a few duff notes to spoil Olly's chances...'
  • CMcKinleyCMcKinley Posts: 3,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardly surprising as their now "best buddies"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cat Power wrote: »
    I won't slate. Just constructive comments on your propaganda machine bigging up Olly at the expense of the other two contestants.

Is hard to know who will look less talented on Saturday when they appear on stage together. Robbie or Olly. It will be a close run thing. Robbie is probably the better dancer but its hard to call who the worse singer is.

How is that constructive?! It's entirely slating.
    Selena wrote: »
    I think that Stacey has the best partner actually. Buble is amazing live, has a massive fan base (his new album has out sold Robbie's so far) and most importantly he knows how to let the other person shine in duets.

I agree that I think Stacey has the best partner. However, I think she has the worst suited partner of the three to her. Joe I think is well suited to George Michael in the cheesy types of song he does and the good voice, and I think Olly and Robbie have a lot of similarities (a lot of people seem to either like both or neither of them).
    I think that having Buble as a partner could be a disadvantage to Stacey, as it may highlight the inadequacies of her voice (not saying she's bad, it's that Buble has the most perfect voice, technically) and he's such an established performer, her usual whisper then belt/shout technique won't work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,550
    Forum Member
    Well it's hardly a surprise him supporting him if he's singing with him. It'll look good on Robbie if Olly wins.