Options

What Is The Public & Media's Problem With Alexandra Burke?

Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
Forum Member
✭✭
There is a real hatred for this girl and I can't understand why...it's literally turning into bullying. Radio presenters such as Chris Moyles have digs at her a lot and a lot of the time it's to do with her looks. Example has tweeted abuse quite a few times about her which resulted in other celebrities coming to her defence. I typed Alexandra Burke into twitter last night and the tweets that appeared were horrendous. "Alexandra Burke is a dog", "Alexandra Burke - Penis or Vagina?". A few weeks ago I saw a comment "I would rather die than look like Alexandra Burke". I've just now read an article too which takes the piss out of her looks and mentions a sex change operation :rolleyes:. What the hell has she done to warrant all of this? I know if you're in the public eye you're going to have people who dislike you, but this is starting to go to another level now. I'm finding a lot of it very uncomfortable.

Comments

• Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have a problem with her and I've not noticed any nastiness from the media towards her either:confused:
  • Options
    The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    If you have the look of a tranny people are going to pass comment about it. If you're famous then the chances are there will be lots of those comments made. What is the mystery?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have a problem with her and I've not noticed any nastiness from the media towards her either:confused:

I haven't, they seem to praise her more from what I've seen?

I'm not a fan of her as a person, she just seems too over confident but then that is just me. I wouldn't even say she was ugly but she isn't the best looking person I've ever seen but she's not that bad looking.

Her music is good though, I wont deny.
  • Options
    Jeanie GoldJeanie Gold Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's not even ugly... :confused:
  • Options
    luvandlifeluvandlife Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's not ugly but boy is she annoying as hell! :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was a massive fan of hers but its the attitude IMHO is her main failing.
    you look a megastars like Tina Turner and her feet are firmly on the ground
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was a massive fan of hers but its the attitude IMHO is her main failing.
    you look a megastars like Tina Turner and her feet are firmly on the ground

What's wrong with her attitude...? She seems lovely and genuine to me, and all this diva nonsense that people keep saying....where is the evidence? She does so much for charity, campaigning etc....she isn't a nasty person at all imo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    What's wrong with her attitude...? She seems lovely and genuine to me, and all this diva nonsense that people keep saying....where is the evidence? She does so much for charity, campaigning etc....she isn't a nasty person at all imo.

Having worked with her 5 times over the summer, I can indeed confirm that she is a lovely lady with a lot of time for her fans. She is very down to earth and not a DIVA!
  • Options
    AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good question, one which I can't really think of my answer to. She makes my skin crawl, but I can't put my finger on why. I think part of is that she reeks of over confidence/cockiness as mentioned already, her X-Factor appearance didn't do her any favours (in my book anyway) and I'm not a big fan of her music either,
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know about her attitude, but I can't see what's wrong with the way she looks. Those kind of comments are totally unwarranted, but that's the nature of Twitter for you.

And yet again we have Chris Moyles mocking somebody else for their looks. Mr Universe he ain't!! :p
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you have the look of a tranny people are going to pass comment about it. If you're famous then the chances are there will be lots of those comments made. What is the mystery?

They mystery would be why is the way a person looks a problem to people in 2012?
  • Options
    The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    That's no mystery either. People are nosy, judgemental dicks.
  • Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Put any celebrity name in Twitter and you'd find people slagging them off.
  • Options
    Melanie858Melanie858 Posts: 3,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radio 1 in particular seem to have a big problem with her, but I don't know why!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she's attractive lookswise but what a pain in the hole personality wise. She doesn't seem very bright but thinks she is and tries to answer back quickly without the wit to do so
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a real hatred for this girl and I can't understand why...it's literally turning into bullying. Radio presenters such as Chris Moyles have digs at her a lot and a lot of the time it's to do with her looks. Example has tweeted abuse quite a few times about her which resulted in other celebrities coming to her defence. I typed Alexandra Burke into twitter last night and the tweets that appeared were horrendous. "Alexandra Burke is a dog", "Alexandra Burke - Penis or Vagina?". A few weeks ago I saw a comment "I would rather die than look like Alexandra Burke". I've just now read an article too which takes the piss out of her looks and mentions a sex change operation :rolleyes:. What the hell has she done to warrant all of this? I know if you're in the public eye you're going to have people who dislike you, but this is starting to go to another level now. I'm finding a lot of it very uncomfortable.

If I were Alexandra Burke I doubt digs from that useless turd would bother me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I have some evidence of these digs Chris Moyles has made please?
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    she does get a lot of unnecessary hate. Seeing as she's practically the leading (vocally) contralto the UK has, I dont think we should all be hating on her. She doesn't smoke/swear (Adele), scream instead of sing (Jessie J) or come out of clubs wasted. She takes care of number one and loves her fans, family and is grateful for where she is. The papers on about her looks etc, there's nothing she can do; seeing as she's got an indian and english grandparents as well as Jamaican ones, that's where her strong looks come from. Compare her nose to that of another Jamaican. It's nowhere as 'roman' or defined. Anywho, she's beautiful and talented. So I suppose that warrants some hate, eh? :cool:
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's because she started out as really humble and down to earth and now a couple of years down the line she has become all posh darling
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    I think it's because she started out as really humble and down to earth and now a couple of years down the line she has become all posh darling

I dont think so, she's quite the opposite. She was always quite confident on stage, but is a wreck off stage (emotional etc.) Maybe its because she never spoke much on XF, and now she's talking people dont like her. She is down to earth and humble, but is far more confident than before.
  • Options
    Pet1986Pet1986 Posts: 7,701
    Forum Member
    I like her and don't think her attitude has changed at all, shes just very full on and I guess some don't like it and see it as fake but I don't think she is.
  • Options
    tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's utterly naff.
    Won a tacky TV karaoke contest and thinks she's God's gift to music.
  • Options
    GreenJellyJamGreenJellyJam Posts: 1,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    she does get a lot of unnecessary hate. Seeing as she's practically the leading (vocally) contralto the UK has, I dont think we should all be hating on her. She doesn't smoke/swear (Adele), scream instead of sing (Jessie J) or come out of clubs wasted. She takes care of number one and loves her fans, family and is grateful for where she is. The papers on about her looks etc, there's nothing she can do; seeing as she's got an indian and english grandparents as well as Jamaican ones, that's where her strong looks come from. Compare her nose to that of another Jamaican. It's nowhere as 'roman' or defined. Anywho, she's beautiful and talented. So I suppose that warrants some hate, eh? :cool:

Adele has a contralto singing voice and in my opinion is better than Alexandra.

Personally her music isn't very good and she does come across as a bit fake but she's harmless.
  • Options
    PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    H77 wrote: »
    Having worked with her 5 times over the summer, I can indeed confirm that she is a lovely lady with a lot of time for her fans. She is very down to earth and not a DIVA!

That's nice to hear. I think it's her confidence and her chattiness that seems to annoy. She doesn't do this ridiculous false humility that the press and public seems to like in celebs especially females. And good for her for not droning on every minute about how she either hates or is insecure about her figure. Just cause the public lap that $hit up like no ones business.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    She is a member of my church - and the few times i have met her, she is very sweet and down to earth. I thinks she is stunning - but I suppose if you are a black woman who doesnt look like Beyonce or Rhianna, the media is going label you as ugly.