Leo Sayer - his ex-wife Jan....

Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have learned that Leo Sayer has followed through with his threat to tour the UK and tickets are on sale as I write....

I recall him being married in the 70's to Janice and back in the 80's reading at the time of their divorce that she was suffering from a debilitating and terminal illness and thought I'd google and see if/when she passed away. I recall it being news in the 80's and Sayer spinning a load sh*te at the time of the divorce that her illness made life 'challenging' for both of them. Alas I can find absolutely nothing about what became of Jan, his wiki article bears only a scant reference to her. Just wondering how she got along with her illness.

I remember Sayer on CBB in 2007 and what an unlikeable individual he turned out to be....

Comments

• Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    I have learned that Leo Sayer has followed through with his threat to tour the UK and tickets are on sale as I write....

I recall him being married in the 70's to Janice and back in the 80's reading at the time of their divorce that she was suffering from a debilitating and terminal illness and thought I'd google and see if/when she passed away. I recall it being news in the 80's and Sayer spinning a load sh*te at the time of the divorce that her illness made life 'challenging' for both of them. Alas I can find absolutely nothing about what became of Jan, his wiki article bears only a scant reference to her. Just wondering how she got along with her illness.

I remember Sayer on CBB in 2007 and what an unlikeable individual he turned out to be....

I wasn't aware he was married Susie, however I do remember him on CBB & like you I found him to be an extremely unlikeable, angry little man, not remotely how I imagined him to be.
    Was it not him (in one of his rebellious moments) attempted to give the finger to the camera but the twit got confused, resulting in him giving the thumbs up?:D
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was arrogant, deluded beyond belief and vain when he was on CBB. He made brilliant viewing for all the wrong reasons :D

Haven't heard anything about his wife's health.

Can't believe anyone would want to go and see him live in concert !
  • Baz OBaz O Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't aware he was married Susie, however I do remember him on CBB & like you I found him to be an extremely unlikeable, angry little man, not remotely how I imagined him to be.
    Was it not him (in one of his rebellious moments) attempted to give the finger to the camera but the twit got confused, resulting in him giving the thumbs up?:D

He was the most annoying housemate I have ever watched on CBB. I must admit to liking some of his songs but after watching his performance in the house I no longer like him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just googled him and had no idea his real name was Gerald pmsl Gerry Sayer :D
    Forum Member
    Butterface wrote: »
    He was arrogant, deluded beyond belief and vain when he was on CBB. He made brilliant viewing for all the wrong reasons :D

Haven't heard anything about his wife's health.

Can't believe anyone would want to go and see him live in concert !

Normally I'm like this with HMs, as long as they entertain me, I couldn't give a monkey's whether I like/dislike them & I was this way with LS, then he just got too unbearable & I have to say I was quite glad to see the back of him.
    Baz O wrote: »
    I just googled him and had no idea his real name was Gerald pmsl Gerry Sayer :D

Dunno why but that made me laugh!:D
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When he broke out of the CBB house and was 'grappling' with the security guards, well it just has to be one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
    Forum Member
    When he broke out of the CBB house and was 'grappling' with the security guards, well it just has to be one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Completely agree, the security guards must've been splitting their sides once they'd got him off their hands:D
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    What gets me about him as dislikeable as he is a couple of his songs are beautiful and are current on TV in adverts.
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have learned that Leo Sayer has followed through with his threat to tour the UK...

:D

Can't stand the obnoxious little creep. The UK doesn't want this 'anchor' and he also slagged the UK off in CBB

I Sayer Sayer Sayer boy...........stay in Oz!
  • Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well here's me giving my age away but I remember him well from the mid-70's as he seemed to spend a lot of time in Australia and was on all the pop genre TV shows. None of us girls went wild over him like we did Roger Daltry or Frampton, he seemed more like a quirky cutesy-type singer that you sang along with but would never bother tossing your knickers on stage at......

He was married and his wife designed that Palliacci-style clown makeup and toured with him as his makeup artist. Then reports broke that she was suffering from a serious illness and not long after they divorced. But she has well and truly dropped off the radar.

One of the young female housemates on CBB7 (cannot remember which one, certainly wasn't Jade) claimed after his big break out that Sayer made her very uncomfortable with his brooding and leering of her. Anyone see him in that seriesThe Entertainers circa 2002...? showed him walking around a street in Sydney Peter Andre-style shaking the hands of passers by and introducing himself...'Hi, I'm Leo Sayer':rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    What gets me about him as dislikeable as he is a couple of his songs are beautiful and are current on TV in adverts.

Thunder In My Heart is my favorite by Gerry Sayer :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOJPh-oea-Y
  • Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That all said, Have you Ever Been in Love is on my list of faves but have not liked him since he showed his sulky, creepy side on CBB. Was not expecting him to be like that.
  • Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His ego on CBB was monstrous......he actually compared reported news of his supposed death as being likened to Princess Diana's. I kid you not. And he referred to himself in the third party which is always worrying. :eek:
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He says he divorced her in 1992
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I Need You and Orchard Road are both brilliant tracks. Thunder In My Heart is very good, too.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't recall his ex-wife but I do remember Leo Sayer on The Entertainers (BBC fly on the wall series - 2004 ish?). He was planning a move to Austrailia with his partner, who he later admitted he'd separated from years earlier but lived with platonically in a large house in need of a lick of paint. It was all very strange.
  • tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't recall his ex-wife but I do remember Leo Sayer on The Entertainers (BBC fly on the wall series - 2004 ish?). He was planning a move to Austrailia with his partner, who he later admitted he'd separated from years earlier but lived with platonically in a large house in need of a lick of paint. It was all very strange.

Oh, I remember that now. It was a bit of a weird set-up.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completely agree, the security guards must've been splitting their sides once they'd got him off their hands:D

Any grown man who can completely throw his toys out the pram because he had to wash his own pants really needs some sort of reality check.

I know it's not big and it's not clever but when he puffed himself up to his full 5ft 2 and called the massive security guard a c**t - I almost literally PMSL.

It was made even funnier by the fact the Russell Brand did impressions of him every night on BBBM :D
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Any grown man who can completely throw his toys out the pram because he had to wash his own pants really needs some sort of reality check.

I know it's not big and it's not clever but when he puffed himself up to his full 5ft 2 and called the massive security guard a c**t - I almost literally PMSL.

It was made even funnier by the fact the Russell Brand did impressions of him every night on BBBM :D

Relive the moment Blondie! All this over a wee pair of pants:o:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ly6cf1Syh8

I wish I could find RB doing his impression, I remember it at the time & it was excellent!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Mrs BBV wrote: »
    His ego on CBB was monstrous......he actually compared reported news of his supposed death as being likened to Princess Diana's. I kid you not. And he referred to himself in the third party which is always worrying. :eek:

That is what I'll always remember him for... he was reporting his own death as breaking news "Englands golden boy" :eek:
  • Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is what I'll always remember him for... he was reporting his own death as breaking news "Englands golden boy" :eek:

I don't think my jaw could drop any further when he came out with that little gem! :D
  • Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really funny clip but what on earth were those security guards thinking manhandling him like that? It was a bloody tv show he was trying to exit, you'd think he was barging into 10 downing street the way they were behaving.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Relive the moment Blondie! All this over a wee pair of pants:o:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ly6cf1Syh8

I wish I could find RB doing his impression, I remember it at the time & it was excellent!:D

:D:D God, that was so funny!!
  • ValerianValerian Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I remember that gesture to the camera in the garden.
    Ha,ha, I think he did a few until he found the right one :D
    Did he not walk out, I remember him shouting at some
    of the staff ? Angry little man.
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still laugh at the moment he gave the middle finger to Big Brother in the garden