Options

Borgen final series discussion thread *** no spoilers please**

Comments

• Options
    violetcrawleyvioletcrawley Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Swoon the dishy guy who reads the news dark hair is fit.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    1) What on earth has Kasper done with his hair???

Perhaps the actor was growing it for The Borgias, where his character had long hair?
  • Options
    Barney06Barney06 Posts: 123,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    conchie wrote: »
    Brilliant …. loved every minute. Now we just have to find out what happened between Kasper and Katrina to split them up !!

What caused Kasper to do a runner rather have dinner with Katrina ?

Good to have it back .
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    p1xie wrote: »
    It keeps your attention all the way through, doesn't it? Such brilliant writing.

Old/Young Mentalbaldy/bandy has been an okay placeholder for the last few weeks but I must admit that I find myself nodding off sometimes. Borgen is just so alive in comparison.

The thing about Mentalbaldo is that it provides a slightly more lighthearted break from the dark Scandi dramas
  • Options
    conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A small "yes!"?

I had a tear in my eye.:o

I see your tear in the eye and raise you a jumped up and down squealing !!! LOL
  • Options
    Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    conchie wrote: »
    I see your tear in the eye and raise you a jumped up and down squealing !!! LOL

But......can she really still trust him, after he so clearly said he was no longer her friend? It seemed a bit of a turnaround to me :confused: Though I admit I'm new here :o
  • Options
    Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
  • Options
    KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    £1.20 an hour (brain fade) - 2 series of 10 one hour episodes . :o
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    Three seasons in, Borgen remains awe-inspiringly good.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/tv-and-radio-reviews/10452843/Borgen-series-three-opener-BBC-Four-review.html

I'd agree with the above based on last night's two episodes. It was good to see the twists and turns following Birgitte Nyborg's conference defeat and it was good to see her friend and mentor, Bent Sejrø (ably played by Lars Knutzon), join her in her new political venture in the end.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lindy_Loue wrote: »
    Thank you - an early Christmas present to myself and cheap at the price! :)

Tempting... but I think I wait until next year when the inevitable 3 season boxset comes out.
  • Options
    EllieGEllieG Posts: 108,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I almost didn't recognise Kasper, took a few shots before I was sure it was the same person :o Sad he and Katrine have split up after all they've been through.

Really enjoyed both episodes, they keep you fully engaged and the time flies by. Not sure I trust Jon though ... or even Bent given his reluctance to join. She may have a mole in the party.

Can't wait until next week for the next installments :)
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the "flip" in that now it's going to be them going after the government and not them as the government trying to hold it all together. Keeps things fresh.
  • Options
    conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't trust Jon a far as far as I would throw him !!! Bent will never betray her, but you have to have one bad apple in the mix to keep things dramatic and I think Jon will turn out to be rotten !

Kasper is also hugely behind her, and I could see his support somehow bringing him and Katrina back on track by the last episode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the presser to announce the new party, I saw the open door behind them and thought the far-right bloke (who'd just told Birgitte he'd had second thoughts about joining her party) will come in and do a 'Road To Damascus' conversion bit. He did. This seems written in a lazier style to the previous two, but it is infinitely better than Montalbano which is, IMO, just awful.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dreadful continuity in ep two,

When Katrina had the TV2 boss at her flat, he took her blue shirt off and she was down to her bra.

Next shot it was back on again!!
  • Options
    WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad for return of Saturday night noir.

Can anyone with no seat stand for leadership of a coalition party in Denmark? The new party was an obvious likelihood yet so many were surprised !

Kasper still defensive of his former employee and with the changes at TV1 in the offing, wonder if an imminent return is on, but how will that work with Katrine and a role for him?
  • Options
    fayebeatlefayebeatle Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just love this... Imagine a uk version... Nobody would give a monkeys:D. I mean Danish politics who knew it would make such great tv.
    The key is the acting, it's thrilling that the two main actors are women, I like that nyborg is on good terms with lovely ex hubby Phillip, new squeeze is easy on the eye (so odd when dialogue jumps into English !)
    Only noticed Two 'taks' in these episodes.;)
    I don't like the leader of the moderates or the creepy tv boss who slept with Katrine, he's a psycho in the making I think, he may not take no for an answer the next time he wants to sleep with her. :eek:
    Did I say I love Borgen, best thing on telly. By a mile:D
    Can't believe it'll all be over by Christmas !
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kasper seems to look 10 years younger. Hope we find out why things didn't work out between him and Katrine. Bent has also lost a few kilos lol. Great start. Not liking the working mother creates problems for her kiddy emphasis. Kids have fathers, too! On a positive note it's impossible to imagine something similar being made in the UK atm so I'm making the most of it whilst it lasts.
  • Options
    NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fayebeatle wrote: »
    I mean Danish politics who knew it would make such great tv. The key is the acting...
    I think key also are the great characters and the writing. Any politics could be made great by all three elements, even British politics ... because, in effect, what was created in Borgen last night was our very own SDP - the original gang of four. The issues that drove the formation of that new party may be different to those in Borgen but it was still disaffection with the existing parties which prompted it.

I'm delighted Borgen is back and lack of HD as a reason to delay watching such good telly borders on the absurd - imo.

Birgitte Nyborg - currently in possession of tv's most iconic ankles and shoes... :D
  • Options
    WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kasper seems to look 10 years younger. Hope we find out why things didn't work out between him and Katrine. Bent has also lost a few kilos lol. Great start. Not liking the working mother creates problems for her kiddy emphasis. Kids have fathers, too! On a positive note it's impossible to imagine something similar being made in the UK atm so I'm making the most of it whilst it lasts.

Please no. The Tunnel is just not cutting it as the UK French mash up of The Bridge.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr Madras wrote: »
    At the presser to announce the new party, I saw the open door behind them and thought the far-right bloke (who'd just told Birgitte he'd had second thoughts about joining her party) will come in and do a 'Road To Damascus' conversion bit. He did. This seems written in a lazier style to the previous two, but it is infinitely better than Montalbano which is, IMO, just awful.

Hoffman is from the New Right party which is Borgen's equivalent to the Conservative People's Party

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservative_People%27s_Party_(Denmark)

The far right party in Borgen is the Freedom Party led by Svend Age Saltum
    striing wrote: »
    Seems a bit poor that earlier series were in HD and now we've progressed to - no HD. Can't believe they had car racing on the HD channel and not this. Is it really necessary to restrict the second HD channel to BBC2 programming even when they're showing something that clearly doesn't need to be in HD?

On the show - is Nete really an MP?

Yes she is
    . Bent has also lost a few kilos lol.

Probably as a result of his health problems last season

Is is just me or does Jon Berthelsen look a bit like Vagn from The Killng
  • Options
    Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    Part 2 was an improvement over Part 1, except for more of the boy - get rid of him! Kasper, get your hair cut. The new boss at TV1 reminds me of Gus from 'Drop The Dead Donkey', with Torben playing the role of George. Hopefully Torben will get the better of him. And as for Birgitte, get rid of the smarmy love interest - you obviously have terrible taste in men, which means I'm in with a shout! I always did fancy brushing up on a little Danish.