Options

Peter and Tina

felixw1felixw1 Posts: 251
Forum Member
Please tell me im not the only person who hates this storyline? they never talked to each other and now they love each other? its ridiculous, lazy and boring

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    And Peter is getting so cocky you want to gag. Pathetic
  • Options
    hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=felixw1;71208804]Please tell me im not the only person who hates this storyline? they never talked to each other and now they love each other? its ridiculous, lazy and boring[/QUOTE]

:ohave you been asleep on DS since the sl started? just about everyone hates it:cool: in fact they hated it when it was first announced.
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    It is horrible.
  • Options
    AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    felixw1 wrote: »
    Please tell me im not the only person who hates this storyline? they never talked to each other and now they love each other? its ridiculous, lazy and boring

This same point has been made over and over by many posters before now but so what? It has no bearing on anything. Any two people can get together in a soap and often the biggest romantic success stories in the off the cuff romance stakes have been those where the two most unlikely of characters have miraculously bonded in extraordinary circumstances. Becky and Steve? Roy and Hayley? The problem is I think that many writers picked up on this a while back and have tried to turn it into some kind of formulaic ace up their sleeves as if it is going to work every time. Of course not, it all depends on the actors and their either real or perceived chemistry.
    Another point I would make is that what you're saying is exactly what happened with Carla and Peter, two people who had never interacted before becoming involved, though it was slightly different in that case as she was the one doing all the running after him as she couldn't resist the massive ego boost of snaring a man who was supposed to be in love with another woman. What mega narcissist wouldn't?
    I'd say Carla and Peter was an even more desperate hash up. it was so obvious from the off, when she tripped over the cobbles and he rode in on his white horse to help the old slapper. They had no reason to communicate at all until this moment, it was total set up. At least he got casually chatting to Tina in the pub before deciding that he wanted to make her another notch on his badly scarred bedpost.
    Peter is a devious, deluded, boring and sex mad little troll. Of course he couldn't resist chasing down a helpless and lovestarved maiden. It would be funnier if he didn't.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    It's repetitive nonsense.

Always "We need to talk" in t'Rovers while Tina's on her shift.

She tells him that they "have to end this", calls him all sorts, but mellows her tone the scene after.

It's not before long that our Tina succumbs to his charms, and in the first instance they had sex together Peter is able to fit in two bunk ups. :eek:
  • Options
    daryl_spicerdaryl_spicer Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If i noticed Peter Barlow in a railway station i would phone the police and if he boarded a train i would phone the Transport Police
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horrible storyline, I can't wait till Tina leaves. It's worse than Molvin
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AndreaMC wrote: »
    This same point has been made over and over by many posters before now but so what? It has no bearing on anything. Any two people can get together in a soap and often the biggest romantic success stories in the off the cuff romance stakes have been those where the two most unlikely of characters have miraculously bonded in extraordinary circumstances. Becky and Steve? Roy and Hayley? The problem is I think that many writers picked up on this a while back and have tried to turn it into some kind of formulaic ace up their sleeves as if it is going to work every time. Of course not, it all depends on the actors and their either real or perceived chemistry.
    Another point I would make is that what you're saying is exactly what happened with Carla and Peter, two people who had never interacted before becoming involved, though it was slightly different in that case as she was the one doing all the running after him as she couldn't resist the massive ego boost of snaring a man who was supposed to be in love with another woman. What mega narcissist wouldn't?
    I'd say Carla and Peter was an even more desperate hash up. it was so obvious from the off, when she tripped over the cobbles and he rode in on his white horse to help the old slapper. They had no reason to communicate at all until this moment, it was total set up. At least he got casually chatting to Tina in the pub before deciding that he wanted to make her another notch on his badly scarred bedpost.
    Peter is a devious, deluded, boring and sex mad little troll. Of course he couldn't resist chasing down a helpless and lovestarved maiden. It would be funnier if he didn't.[

Love the way you describe Peter and Carla's relationship..not much makes me laugh on these forums but that did.....Agree with practically everything you've said.. except about Peter.. he's definitely a womanizer I'll give you that...but I find him quite sexy and attractive particularly of late....and as we've mentioned before there is not many men if any you can say that about in the street.
  • Options
    aspijackaspijack Posts: 1,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did Michelle Keegan do something to upset the producers they gave her this storyline and are killing her off?
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter is a devious, deluded, boring and sex mad little troll. Of course he couldn't resist chasing down a helpless and lovestarved maiden. It would be funnier if he didn't.

Some characters have evolved / matured over the years. Shame that Peter Barlow hasn't.
  • Options
    sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    Peter is a devious, deluded, boring and sex mad little troll.

I have never seen anyone's character summed up so beautifully in one sentence. I doff my hat to you, :D
  • Options
    ThamwetThamwet Posts: 2,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aspijack wrote: »
    Did Michelle Keegan do something to upset the producers they gave her this storyline and are killing her off?

I don't think so, I think they just went with the best story-line, and this was it. Can't know for sure, obviously, but that's what I've read.
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She told them she was leaving.
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GracieL wrote: »
    Horrible storyline, I can't wait till Tina leaves. It's worse than Molvin

Well, Tracey has made a remark which might make her a suspect when tina gets her come uppance. "I will get her for this".Referring to the kiss with Rob.
  • Options
    MrGiles2MrGiles2 Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You just never know, do you. It is a well known fact that the Dictatorial Producers of soaps don't like being threatened, and anyone who crosses them is usually on the way out sooner or later. These Producers think they own people, not employ them.
  • Options
    MrGiles2MrGiles2 Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, and one more thing; this storyline between Tina and Peter Barlow is too daft to laugh at. A beautiful creature like Tina wouldn't touch Peter Barlow with a bargepole, she would be riding off into the sunset with her handsome Prince, whoever that happens to be.
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    If i noticed Peter Barlow in a railway station i would phone the police and if he boarded a train i would phone the Transport Police

....nah just get off at Crewe :p
  • Options
    EmrysEmrys Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    MrGiles2 wrote: »
    You just never know, do you. It is a well known fact that the Dictatorial Producers of soaps don't like being threatened, and anyone who crosses them is usually on the way out sooner or later. These Producers think they own people, not employ them.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the actress was gutted that Tina was killed off as she thought she was the sort of character that would make a comeback someday and had the potential to run and run.