Options

[Game] The Twist Factor 3: Live Show #7

Comments

• Options
    EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lukewarm response to Ellona's performance tonight. Is her time in the competition finally up after defying so many odds?

Time for something a little different. Ladies and gentlemen, please give it up for Restless Road!

Care by Hudson Taylor [Greed]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrP167_KAzU
    Note: Greed is quite like selfishness and only CARING about yourself and your need for money etc.
  • Options
    pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boys that was a great energetic performance. It also helps that ye picked a song from an Irish act ;). This performance worked really well for me. It felt exactly like a group was singing it and really did suit ye. I think as well it matched your country side well. I think Pingu could have maybe given ye a better Hudson Taylor song and also tried to interpret that rock side more into it that's he's been doing lately but I still thought this was a brilliant performance that should be enough for ye to make it through. Well done boys!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Restless Road
    *Standing Ovation*

BOYS!!!! I absolutely love, love, loved that performance. It was just perfect for you. It was all about the harmonizes which is something that we have really worked on over the weeks. It just suited you perfectly. Last week was good but this was brilliant. Everything about it just screamed out your name to me. I have loved mentoring you and you have probably been the most interesting act I have ever mentored. Exploring the different country routes which has definitely given me a much better understanding of the genre. I will be devastated if you don't make it through tonight so everyone please vote my boys!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Restless Road

That was actually really good for you guys. I really like the direction your mentor is taking you. I never liked you on the real show, but I love you guys on this show. Good luck.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Restless Road

No No No guys! I was hoping that although last week wasn't great your mentor might pull it put of the bag this week but this was just not suited to you guys at all. Hudson Taylor are INDIE folk with distinctly quirky folksy voices, they are way way way too quirky for you guys, I know I was the one who wanted you to step away from generic country but I didn't mean throw any indie song at them, this didn't feel remotely like you guys.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Once again, Kev is the only person preventing an act from getting a full set of good comments. Who will the public agree with later tonight?

The words quirky and indie popped up in the last set of comments, two words which describe Janet Devlin pretty well. Here she is singing a song related to Sloth.

Sweet Sleep by Amanda Roger [Sloth]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO6ToDp0SqQ
    Note: Sloth means laziness, and sleep is related to laziness.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet Devlin

Janet, I am afraid I didn't really like this. Little parts of it suited you but overall it was just a high pitched (which suits you) but quite plain and there wasn't much quirkiness. It was also one of the most boring songs I have ever heard and the vocals were FAR too powerful for you. You don't really have a voice like this at all and I just don't think it was a great song choice at all. Sorry but I think we could be heading to an all girl bottom 2!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet Devlin
    *Standing Ovation*

Last week was amazing for you, and I thank the public for voting for you. This week was just as good. The artists voice has some similarities to yours, even if it was a bit light. You are improving week after week, and I really hope the public vote for you. Please vote JANET DEVLIN!!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was so boring and dreary and felt like a song that would be played at a funeral.I could see what your mentor was doing picking that artist as she's quite quirky but she has a country twang that doesn't suit you at all. It was sweet but just too dull for me. Sorry Janet but I think you might be in trouble after that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet Devlin:

Slightly sleepy, boring melody aside, this was decent Janet. Again, I'm not overly bowled over but I have been generally disappointed tonight so this was a pretty good performance altogether. The quirky vocals fitted you quite well and it was a decent performance altogether.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mixed comments for Janet. Could we see her return to the bottom 2 tonight?

We've made it to the final performance already, which will be brought to us by the one and only Kristine Mirelle, showing us her Wrath.

Hey Love by Quadron [Wrath]
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0P7N_vlvU8w
    Note: In the song, she directs her anger at her love who 'pulverized my soul'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kristine Mirelle
    *Standing Ovation*

Even though I have heard this song used quite a few times, I just had to give you a standing ovation for this. It was just perfect for you. It had that quirky pop-jazz feeling and it really did feel like the song was written for you. Your vocals were gorgeous and Kev really did just hit the nail on the head with that song choice. An absolutely amazing close to what has been an amazing show. Well done Kristine and I think Kev may have made a winner with you!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even though your mentor doesn't seem to be in the mood for praising acts that aren't in his category :kitty: I have to admit it.. That was an amazing end to the show! I think Kevin really got it right this week with you.It suited that Jazzy, Rnb style you have and also sounded almost identical to you. It was fun,upbeat,entertaining and something I could definitely see you singing.I definitely think you will make the semi final after that. Well done Kristine! Superb performance!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kristine Mirelle

You might as well just go straight to the final!!! That was even better than last week, and last week was amazing!!!! You could win if you continue with these great performances!! Good luck!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kristine Mirelle

I struggled to find a song that suited Wrath but this was great Kristine and was so well suited to you. I loved the feel of the song, your confident delivery and your rich bluesy vocals. I so hope you're here next week as I'm aware you haven't had an epic ballad yet, something which I wish to address
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    What the hell is wrong with Kev?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great comments for Kristine's closing performance, she's done it again! Will the public save her tonight?

Summary post will be up soon. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's it for our Seven Deadly Sins-themed show. All seven quarter-finalists have performed, and now it's up to the DS public to make something of it. Only your votes can save your favourites, don't allow them to fall into the final sing-off of the series.

Here's a recap of all seven performances:
    1. Mary Byrne - Open Up Your Arms by Ren Harvieu [Pride]
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U2R-5ao-Mn4
    Note: This song is about a loss of pride, she's finally ready to embrace her love.

2. Girlband - Sweet Love by Jess Mills [Gluttony]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58XrvPQ96wA
    Note: Gluttony is the overindulgence in anything that can be bad for you, specifically food. When overindulged in SWEETS, they can be very bad for you.

3. Marcus Canty - Lose It by Sebastian Mikael [Lust]
    http://youtu.be/z0bvkOzhn-M
    Note: The song is about a guy talking to the girl he's lusting after. "I wanna waste it all on you" "When I light your sparkle" "The way you shine" etc. The video is also quite lustful.

4. Ellona Santiago - Without You by Alyssa Reid [Envy]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8BzZ4zWbPs
    Note: The song is about her loving someone, that she cannot live without him. This could be a reason for her to be jealous of him moving on, which is what envy means.

5. Restless Road - Care by Hudson Taylor [Greed]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrP167_KAzU
    Note: Greed is quite like selfishness and only CARING about yourself and your need for money etc.

6. Janet Devlin - Sweet Sleep by Amanda Roger [Sloth]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO6ToDp0SqQ
    Note: Sloth means laziness, and sleep is related to laziness.

7. Kristine Mirelle - Hey Love by Quadron [Wrath]
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0P7N_vlvU8w
    Note: In the song, she directs her anger at her love who 'pulverized my soul'
    To vote, please PM me a ranking of the acts from 7 all the way down to 1 (with 7 being your favourite act and 1 being your least favourite). Mentors can vote as well, including for their own acts. Speaking of mentors, this is your final reminder that you must use your remaining powers TONIGHT if you wish to use them at all.

The lines will close at 9:00 PM, giving you over 90 minutes to vote. That may seem like a lot of time, but it's over before you can say 'twist time!'. In other words, get voting folks! ;-)

While you wait for the results and the twist, feel free to discuss the show here on this thread with us.
  • Options
    jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Good show tonight! Really enjoyed both the overs, Marcus and Restless Road tonight as their songs were lovely <3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jackel1234 wrote: »
    Good show tonight! Really enjoyed both the overs, Marcus and Restless Road tonight as their songs were lovely <3

Thanks Jakk. :D
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved Marcus and the groups tonight. :D

The overs were okay, but the girls were very disappointing I have to say. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackel1234 wrote: »
    Soppyfan wrote: »

Thanks Guys :D
  • Options
    aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marcus, Mary and RR for me! <3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Soppyfan wrote: »

Thanks for liking my groups :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    aliyah101 wrote: »
    Marcus, Mary and RR for me! <3

Yayyyy. Thanks for liking my boys :D