Pioneer DVR433H - high speed copying

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas.....

I have a Pioneer dvr 433h and it has worked fine until recently.
When trying to copy from the HDD to DVD(-R) at high speed (16x) it'll whir and whizz as usual for a couple of mins then show an error message "Can't Rec".
This is on new discs, irrelevent of brand.

It will still record at normal speed without a problem and also onto -RW at x2...

It is about 4 years old so I suspect it's time is approaching!!

Comments

• klaeresourceklaeresource Posts: 793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I would say its on the way out.
    My 420 went the same way .
    First its picky with -R then it wont work on -R at all then -RW discs refuse to initialise.

If you have any treasured recordings on the HDD I would get them to -RW while you still can.

The new Pioneers offer exactly the same superb features and more.

They now record to DVD+R/+RW aswell as dual layer +R and -RDL too

My latest is the 560 which has the Jukebox feature but unlike my other Pioneer , the 630 , the 560 will copy cd's to hard drive at high speed.

The Gracenote database is included but they seem to only offer an update on the website once a year so anything released less than a year ago wont show up.

It also has a Freeview tuner built in and the recorders now add chapter stops to hard drive recordings saving you the trouble of manually adding them.

I got mine multiregion for about £250
    I think the 550 is the current model at that price
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    thanks for the info...

its about time I went digital anyway, I'm receiving off Redruth and I've already lost BBC2 as they are mid-way thru' switchover.
    I'm happy to see you suggest an updated Pioneer replacement as I'm a bit of a Pioneer fan, amp, LD, etc

Thanks again
  • klaeresourceklaeresource Posts: 793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thanks for the info...

its about time I went digital anyway, I'm receiving off Redruth and I've already lost BBC2 as they are mid-way thru' switchover.
    I'm happy to see you suggest an updated Pioneer replacement as I'm a bit of a Pioneer fan, amp, LD, etc

Thanks again

I've used recorders of various brands over the years and the Pioneer units are definitely the best for a few reasons- but you know that already

Although I would not touch one of their Bluray players with a bargepole - even if they were less than £600:eek: