Dirty brown sludge on washing.

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    slsls wrote: »
    Do you eat a lot of stuff with bananas in it?

Apparently bananas are really, really bad for dishwashers and clog up their drains. Follow all the advice about unclogging it then make sure you always thoroughly rinse anythin with banana waste on it before you put it in the machine in future.

Even if it was about a dishwasher, who would put plates with huge chunks of banana in a dishwasher? :confused::eek:
  • Options
    crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I missing something here, are you using a dishwashing tablet, to wash clothes in a washing machine?????

No, washing liquid.
  • Options
    crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    susie-4964 wrote: »
    :eek: I think the OP just knew that you could clean a dishwasher using Finish, and wondered if it would do for washing machines. Which it probably would, but I think Calgon is safer.

Spot on. That's what I wondered. I'll try Calgon then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darkmoth wrote: »
    Have you cleaned the filter? You should do that once a month.
    At the front bottom of your machine there should be a flush square piece that you can open with a key or coin. Open that, put a towel down and open the filter.
    The water that comes out will stink as it's been there a while, you might find something has been blocking it.

Fnar!:o

Seriously though, I've had this as well. I find it comes from around the door seal too.
  • Options
    El GuapoEl Guapo Posts: 4,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No they fcuking don't. :mad: :D

How come? :confused:
  • Options
    FlyinBrickFlyinBrick Posts: 1,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spot on. That's what I wondered. I'll try Calgon then.

Calgon?

Do you know what calgon actually does?

One thing it doesn't do is clean washing machines, the second thing it doesn't do is 'makes machines last longer'.

Check this page out and the various links for some real solutions.

http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/module...owpage&pid=161
    What does calgon do then?
    Calgon is just a water softener. All it does is in cases where there is hard water, it helps prevent limescale and allows the detergent to create more suds.

The effects are minimal, where calgons manufacturers have been asked to substanciate thier claims with hard eveidence they've alway declined to show any.

Imo as an engineer of 25 years+ it's a complete waste of money and a con.

It does sweet FA for washing machines.

Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
    Washing machines live longer with calgon!

No they fcuking don't.
    Yesterday 23:50

Yet you're still going to use a product that isn't designed for cleaning and is considered useless at the thing it's supposed to do?

Good luck with that :cool: