Options

Hollyoaks general discussion (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    whoyouarexowhoyouarexo Posts: 6,099
    Forum Member
    Sifter22 wrote: »
    Yeah, I just hope they don't have him pining over Theresa for weeks on end. And if he does get a new bird, not make it about Theresa. I agree he seems to work best with Ash though, they seem to click.

I like him with Ash, they just seem to as you say click on screen, with others it sometimes feels awkward. Will/Theresa was good at the start, but it was ruined by the the whole "Will cant be bothered because hes at uni" thing.

Theresa is a funny one. I love her character, shes dispy, sweet, sort of a mini-carmel, but the calvin murder storyline has ruined her! who came up with that producer wise?! It could of been so much better if it was Mal or Mercedes who had actually killed him. It just doesn't work with Theresas character at all.
  • Options
    belombbelomb Posts: 3,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lacey. Stop being mean about George!!

(but you're an OK actress, despite being a bit of a stroppy teen caracature, and you're bearable than the other teens, so fair play.)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wow that Lacey's a first class b*tch, she's already a more interesting teen then the others are to me. I'm liking Ash at the moment too, I can be incredibly fickle ;)

as always, George is just so lovable!
  • Options
    LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ste and Doug are giving me life.
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    Kathleen-Angel's crying is annoying...yet she seems to cry every time she's on screen.
  • Options
    BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 24,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good debut from Lacey. Finding Michaela increasingly tiresome - they're still writing her as if she's 15.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now that Joel has moved into Brendan's, perhaps there could be scenes between Joel and Declan in future (i.e. Foxy and Brady the next generation, and assuming Declan returns at some point that Joel's around)
  • Options
    bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoying Mercedes new storyline, feel so bad for her!
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    The E4 announcer said:

"Mercedes; is she a bad person or just misunderstood?"

I can answer that. She's a bad person. :)
  • Options
    rocketsaladrocketsalad Posts: 1,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PMSL @ Riley on the Hollyoaks equivalent of Match of the Day :D:D

The George/Ash scene was a bit weird... like they'd cut a scene between George leaving and Ash finding him
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheMunch wrote: »
    Kathleen-Angel's crying is annoying...yet she seems to cry every time she's on screen.

I just said that to my daughter, it's not very nice to watch
  • Options
    ReoReo Posts: 8,663
    Forum Member
    A good episode, I think I liked everything that happened today, although I felt really sorry for George and I hope Lacey gives him a break soon, she is quite a good character, a bit of a cow though and she might need to tone it down a bit, we already have Maddie, Sinead and at times Ruby who are like that, we shouldn't have a fourth.

I hope that they wont ruin Mercedes' storyline, they are finally showing her failing to cope with what has happened to her in her life, they now need to have her learn from things and move forward, no go back to square one yet again.

The Doug and Ste scenes were alright, but I don't really care for them much, I like Doug though, just wish he had more scenes with Lynsey and they get them together.
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    I was strangely elated to see Riley :o:D.

I stopped feeling sorry for Mercedes years and years ago - she leaves me cold.

Lacey seems quite promising as an actress. Just get rid of the hat.

By far my favourite part of the episode was this budding friendship between Ste and Doug. I think they work really well together. Can't wait for more.
  • Options
    ReoReo Posts: 8,663
    Forum Member
    Brekkie wrote: »
    Good debut from Lacey. Finding Michaela increasingly tiresome - they're still writing her as if she's 15.

I forgot about Michaela, she is the one character/story I didn't like.. But as I forgot about her, I guess I can get over it. :p

But I hate Michaela and I also dislike how many characters are all over Ally.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really enjoying Mercedes new storyline, feel so bad for her!

She gave her own child away, I could never feel sorry for her after that. It's not as if she was homeless, didn't have any support, was too young, anything like that.
    I know what it's like to lose your child and how devastating that is. Any woman who's been through the same would give anything to have the choices she had.
  • Options
    rocketsaladrocketsalad Posts: 1,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mercedes has never been the maternal type - she was quick to get an abortion when she had that one-night-stand with Tony. And if anything, Mercedes knew she'd be a crap mother and she only wanted Bobby as a means to keep her with Riley.

I would've found this storyline a lot more fitting if it was this time last year after Malachy's death mind
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Nothing much to add really!

I absolutely love Ste and Doug going into business together, best thing on the show for ages, they just work brilliantly together. Ste all enthusiastic and Doug a bit longsuffering, it just works. My new Max and OB. But better. :D

I did actually cheer when I saw Riley! Didn't realise how much I'd missed him, his character is such a nice guy.

Don't care about Mercy any more at all :o but Jacqui is amazing.

But what have they done to Michaela? She's awful. And the Ally stuff is just dull. Hope they get round to writing him a personality at some point.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really used to like Michaela but boy is she annoying now and this Ally thing is just not good and I agree with another poster lose the hat Lacey and we definitely don't need another bitch. Callum did not make that mug when he was little, a pointless fact for some reason and while I am on the subject, I am a bad mood, Mercedes would not have been allowed in the maternity unit
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope when Riley returns he has at least one scene with Lynsey. The last scene the two were seen together in was when they found Silas' rings, there seemed to be little closure with that scenario between the two
  • Options
    coreysevillecoreyseville Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed tonight's E4 ep....loved the George scenes....Liking Lacey just wish she gives George a break...Ste and Doug work really well together...the scenes between Mercy and Jacqui were really nice.....also whats with all the Michaela hate?....am i the only one that really likes her lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed tonight's E4 ep....loved the George scenes....Liking Lacey just wish she gives George a break...Ste and Doug work really well together...the scenes between Mercy and Jacqui were really nice.....also whats with all the Michaela hate?....am i the only one that really likes her lol

Don't worry I like Michaela too!
  • Options
    PlantPlant Posts: 11,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Ste and Doug work that well, basically because they have different acting styles that clash. Doug is quite understated while Ste overacts quite a lot.

I'm starting to like the George storyline just because of the Kane family. Still think George is a bad actor.

Bit bemused by Mercy. I don't really care about her troubles. Find it all a bit boring.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    killiegirl wrote: »
    She gave her own child away, I could never feel sorry for her after that. It's not as if she was homeless, didn't have any support, was too young, anything like that.
    I know what it's like to lose your child and how devastating that is. Any woman who's been through the same would give anything to have the choices she had.

I'm very sorry to hear that and I didn't mean it in that way - I felt sorry for her tonight but when she gave her baby away I think she thought it was the best for the baby and her, however, it was her decision and I have no sympathy for her due to that!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PMSL @ Riley on the Hollyoaks equivalent of Match of the Day :D:D

I was disappointed that this was Rileys prelude back into the series, so gone for another week. Though I have to wonder how LUFC fans would deem his comment about turning the club around:(:(

I liked most of the rest of this EP, The George SL is IMO leading into dark places and am looking forward to where this is going. Mercedes downfall is a little too late for redemption, I suspect. Her line of being 'broken' is really self inflicted. She has had more chances than most and has thrown them all away. Lacey remindes me of of Lauren Valentine but I am looking forward to the Kanes life influences and the fact that Lacey was seperated from her siblings. Michaela should never have been brought back. She is dreadful.
  • Options
    Bluebird69Bluebird69 Posts: 5,570
    Forum Member
    I like Doug, quite a lot - but not enough to make me want to watch any scenes with Ste's orange face in them. Shame, because I'm sure Doug is very watchable, as always. But for me, this is one for the FF button.
This discussion has been closed.