unbranded phones on Ebay

14567810»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    I have had my phone a few weeks now, and it seems to be working great, except one aspect. The GPS!! Arghh. Initially, it seemed fine, but I only tested in in/around my house, and it seems in areas where I had 3G signal. When I am not in a 3G area, or a weak signal area, the GPS fails to get a lock. So it seems to be doing it through data, not GPS ariel! anyone got any help?
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    External bluetooth GPS device seems the best bet if you really need the GPS working 24/7

Otherwise a cheap tomtom (£20-£40) would do the trick.
    Forum Member
    the GPS is not for navigation, but for tracking. I use my phone as a tracker when I am out running, so it logs all my runs. My Iphone was rock solid, but today, I was stood ready to run, in a 'normal' signal area, not 3G and the app just keeps saying NO SIGNAL. The GPS symbol in the top left just kept flashing
    Forum Member
    the GPS is not for navigation, but for tracking. I use my phone as a tracker when I am out running, so it logs all my runs. My Iphone was rock solid, but today, I was stood ready to run, in a 'normal' signal area, not 3G and the app just keeps saying NO SIGNAL. The GPS symbol in the top left just kept flashing

Yeh, cheap external Bluetooth gps receiver seems the best bet.

I'm surprised the gps didn't work tbh. I would have thought the phone you got would be fine.
    Forum Member
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    Yeh, cheap external Bluetooth gps receiver seems the best bet.

I'm surprised the gps didn't work tbh. I would have thought the phone you got would be fine.

me too, i assumed it worked, as my initial testing worked, but today, nothing. it was the first time i had been out of 3G range, so i assume it picked up the location using mobile signal not GPS
    Forum Member
    ok, update. FIXED. I googled GPS fix, and applied a new GPS.Conf file. now locks on in around 10 secs. I even disabled WIFI and both SIMS, to make sure it did not use DATA, and it still worked
    Forum Member
    Oh awesome, was a bit surprised it didn't work on your phone originally.

Ive tried various fixes for my phone but the gps unit is just messed up tbh.
    Forum Member
    an odd issue has cropt up

My phone came with 2 batteries, no problem. Both work ok

But I was looking for a higher capacity one

Now, the supplied batteries, are labelled as

EB-L1F2HVU, 3100mAh

Now, the Part number actually refers to a battery used in the I9250 etc

http://www.amazon.ca/Genuine-Battery-Samsung-EB-L1F2HVU-1750mAh/dp/B0080IBKMQ

now, these are listed as 1700 mAh.

So I assumed the chinese just lied on the labelling to make them look impressive.

So I bought a replacement 2400 mAh battery from ebay

It arrived, but is way smaller than my battery!!! Also it has 4 connections, mine has 3

So , googled the NOTE 2 Battery

http://www.amazon.ca/SAMSUNG-Galaxy-NOTE-N7000-i9220~EB615268VU/dp/B00822Q2UA/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1361990968&sr=1-2

They have a different part number, but indeed are 3100 mAh

SO I purchased one

It arrived and it fits the phone. Great, but the 3 connections on the top, do not line up with the phone connections! so it does not work

So my phone uses a non standard battery, where the Note2 and I9250 will not work. And because it is labelled wrong, I cannot find a replacement to fit and work

Odd to say the least.