Options

Tomorrow night’s X Factor CANCELLED as finalists are hit by ‘flu bug?

Snowyday2Snowyday2 Posts: 524
Forum Member
✭✭
It’s been reported today that tomorrow night’s live edition of The X Factor could be cancelled after several of this year’s finalists have been hit by a ‘flu bug.

Singers James Graham, Casey Johnson – who are members of eight-piece boy band Stereo Kicks – Ben Haenow and Jake Quickenden have been laid low by the virus, and have been ordered to undergo voice rest as they suffer from sore throats.

Lola Saunders has likewise contracted ‘flu and is currently on a course of antibiotics while Stephanie Nala has, like James, Casey, Ben and Jake, been told she must rest her voice. And though she’s not suffering from ‘flu, Chloe Jasmine is still in pain with the injury caused when she stood on glass earlier this week.

On Twitter, James told his followers, “On the way to the doctors with @Bhaenow #properillbruv.”

He later wrote, “Praying my voice gets better ASAP!!!”

Casey meanwhile tweeted, “Studio with @bhaenow both feeling ill.”

An X Factor insider told The Sun, “Everyone seems to be getting ill. It’s a real worry.

“There are so many contestants on voice rest, but hopefully that will mean they’re well enough for the show.”

However, it seems that the finalists have been doing their best to keep up with their commitments this week, as well as having some pampering…

http://www.*******************/x-factor/tomorrow-nights-x-factor-cancelled-finalists-hit-flu-bug/

Comments

• Options
    Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What???

Yeah so if it is what is going to happen I pre-ordered Lauren Platts song and it be Week 3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a triple elimination next week then???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still not sure believe it ...were down to 8 weeks left with 14 finalists... Thats insane...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still not sure believe it ...were down to 8 weeks left with 14 finalists... Thats insane...

It could be we just have to wait I hope it's on I can't wait another week I missed watching Lauren plus I like her song
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Could be cancelled' is somewhat different from 'CANCELLED'
    I very much doubt the scheduling will allow for that.
    The show must go on, as they say!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rangermick wrote: »
    'Could be cancelled' is somewhat different from 'CANCELLED'
    I very much doubt the scheduling will allow for that.
    The show must go on, as they say!

omg....the contestants caught Ebola...lol...but in all honesty, well have like 7 sick acts tmr...it's going be a disaster of a show...
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    It wont be cancelled! ITV have two hours of airtime that would go from ~9 million viewers to ~3-5 million with whatever they replace it with.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    InMyArms wrote: »
    It wont be cancelled! ITV have two hours of airtime that would go from ~9 million viewers to ~3-5 million with whatever they replace it with.

They would properly put Harry Potter on for the 1000 time :D

I doubt it will be cancelled, they might even let the non ill ones perfume, but also open up the phonelines for the others as well.
  • Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they can get out of bed they don't have flu! They just have colds, can't see the show being cancelled for that.
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a chance that it will be cancelled. They will have tp perform the best they can whether they have a cold or not. It will be a test of character for them.
  • Options
    doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would they cancel it? People will still watch it whatever happens, whether it's a 1 hour VT of them all having flu or not
  • Options
    BethnalGreenBethnalGreen Posts: 12,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah it isn't flu - my Nan always used to say that if you were ill but saw a tenner outside and went out to pick it up - you just had a cold. If you had flu you would be bedridden and would leave the tenner outside.

They are all living in one house so are catching the same cold. Paul and a few others had it last week and still performed. And the others are all up and about. it might affect some voices this weekend but they will still perform. A lot of drama over nothing.
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    judging by the way a lot of people seem to defend their favourites regardless of how well they perform anyway would it really matter if they perform or not , people would vote for the same act even if they croaked their way through the show
  • Options
    dizziedizzie Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hate to spoil this weeping for the future of XF(!) but a few facts - Chloe didn't stand on glass, she banged her toes and got a 'mild case of bruising' (actual medical diagnosis from the hospital visit!), none of the contestants have the 'flu, they've got coughs and colds, things that can be easily dealt with by various treatments pre-show to ensure they have enough of a voice for 90 seconds of singing - and would probably not have happened at all were the contestants looking after their voices and bodies the way actual professional singers do.

Finally, ITV are not going to have a Saturday night without this show on. The ratings are too important to them. Other things that are important to ITV and XF - publicity and headlines, and these ridiculous stories are desperate attempts to keep the show in the media spotlight. If they say the word 'crisis' lots of times and put CANCELLED in capital letters, with 'maybe' in small print afterwards, I'm guessing they hope people will pay more attention to them rather than the higher rated show on the other side! ;) Happens every year!
  • Options
    scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dizzie wrote: »
    Hate to spoil this weeping for the future of XF(!) but a few facts - Chloe didn't stand on glass, she banged her toes and got a 'mild case of bruising' (actual medical diagnosis from the hospital visit!), none of the contestants have the 'flu, they've got coughs and colds, things that can be easily dealt with by various treatments pre-show to ensure they have enough of a voice for 90 seconds of singing - and would probably not have happened at all were the contestants looking after their voices and bodies the way actual professional singers do.

Finally, ITV are not going to have a Saturday night without this show on. The ratings are too important to them. Other things that are important to ITV and XF - publicity and headlines, and these ridiculous stories are desperate attempts to keep the show in the media spotlight. If they say the word 'crisis' lots of times and put CANCELLED in capital letters, with 'maybe' in small print afterwards, I'm guessing they hope people will pay more attention to them rather than the higher rated show on the other side! ;) Happens every year!

Couldn't have put it better myself
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it isn't flu - my Nan always used to say that if you were ill but saw a tenner outside and went out to pick it up - you just had a cold. If you had flu you would be bedridden and would leave the tenner outside.

They are all living in one house so are catching the same cold. Paul and a few others had it last week and still performed. And the others are all up and about. it might affect some voices this weekend but they will still perform. A lot of drama over nothing.

100%. Half of our office have had colds over the last few weeks and we've all managed to carry on. It's not flu. You know if you've got the flu. Real flu means at least a week where it's a struggle to drag yourself out of bed and even eating soup is too much effort. Flu = 2 weeks of being really ill. A cold = a few days feeling rough followed by a cough and the sniffles - not the same thing at all
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From twitter:

PAUL AKISTER @PaulAkister · 33m 33 minutes ago
    How is everyone today i know i feel grrreeeeaaaatttttt

Stereo Kicks @StereoKicks · 2h 2 hours ago
    Today is the day! LIVE SHOW WEEK 2! 🌝 - Casey

Jake Quickenden @JakeQuickenden · 3h 3 hours ago
    Today's the big day.... Please vote don't wanna go home :) love ❤️

The X Factor @TheXFactor · 3h 3 hours ago
    TONIGHT. 8PM. @ITV.
    #XFactor80sWeek LANDS… 😱😆👏🎉🙌

I fully expect the show to go ahead as planned ;-)
  • Options
    achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...There's a reason why that website is censored out.
  • Options
    longterm67longterm67 Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They normally do this flu thing week 3 or 4 so have clearly decided to do it earlier...the ratings must be bad
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Ignore... its not cancelled
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    One of the contestants will get laryngitis next ;)
  • Options
    Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    So they will all be singing through their noses and out of tune.

How will we tell the difference to any other week?
  • Options
    Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    One of the contestants will get laryngitis next ;)

And it's always the one in danger of going home. Selective laryngitis!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

BIB - That actually happened to me. I crawled outside in my pyjamas, but the tenner blew away in the wind.