Options

Queue for £49 Sky+HD

Comments

• Options
    munstrumunstru Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Has anyone tested out the PC Sky Player ... I don't have a sky account to test. They claim it is decent quality....:rolleyes:
  • Options
    jon41jon41 Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been getting that error for years, every time I've wanted to order something.

Same here, also got the email and can't do anything online due to that error :mad:
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joel_02 wrote: »
    Just ordered 2 Sky+ HD Boxes (New customer as I haven't been with sky for 15 months)

Been told an estimate of March 2nd for installation!

Are you considered a new customer after 12 months these days? I left in Nov 2007 and fancy this offer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    I registered on Monday, by phone as the on-line system wouldn't work.
    Just received the e-mail that says I can go ahead and order on-line and guess what comes up........

Unfortunately, we are currently unable to continue with your order online.
    Please call one of the following numbers to continue:
    New customers: 08442 411 268.

Existing customers: For TV equipment: 08442 411 333. For TV channel Packs: 08442 415 161. To add Sky Broadband or Sky Talk: 08442 410 583.

IT IS A LITTLE FRUSTRATING.:mad::mad::mad:

I ended up completing my order by phone, they have promised to honour the free month after I explained about the on line system not working for me.
    Got a date of Feb 3rd. so there can't be much of a waiting list for Shropshire.
  • Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The install charge for existing customers still pisses me off , I have Sky multiroom , full Sky world , Sky BB and they still want to charge for a 5 minutes swop over of cables but new customer get it it installed for free

munstru wrote: »
    Has anyone tested out the PC Sky Player ... I don't have a sky account to test. They claim it is decent quality....:rolleyes:

Its only as good as your internet connection

It was pants last time I tried it , I was on the 16MB Max package , limited to 2MB due to distance from the exchange and Sky limitation

I now have 3.5MB connection , maybe I will reinstall it and see if its any better
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    Existing customer too - had Sky+ since the start - so I'm looking forward to a box upgrade.

Registered last night, got an email this afternoon saying I could order. Just completed my order and got install date of 7th Feb - slots were available 3rd Feb onwards but this was the first weekend slot.

All very smooth and no complaints!
  • Options
    tomvoxxtomvoxx Posts: 2,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Registered last night. Got the e-mail at lunch time today to say i could complete. Just booked installation for the February week when I am off work. I had expected it to be much longer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here....booked for next week...MUCH quicker than expected
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Does where you live make any difference to install dates?
    Thought I'd seen on here that it can

We had Sky HD installed before Christmas being in deepest rural Lincolnshire there was no delay in getting installation was offered any date we wanted
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Does where you live make any difference to install dates?
    Thought I'd seen on here that it can
    Due to the increased demand the area in which you live is important, we are still recruiting new engineers and some areas are taking longer than others to fill the positions
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    I'm in London and I still managed to get an 8th Feb installation date.:D

I also had to phone CS to complete my order, but they were happy to honour the online booking discount.
  • Options
    VennegoorVennegoor Posts: 14,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Registered last night and I'm getting a 2-4 week wait to complete on My Sky.
  • Options
    Makum101Makum101 Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Same here, 2 to 4 weeks before I can order :-(
  • Options
    bbvbbv Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just ordered now and had to join a queue - they did offer my half price telephone line rental for the next six months if I wanted to join the queue so that was a bonus.

Can anyone tell me how you have to pay for Sky+HD box and install - do they add it on to your next bill or do you need to pay by card?
  • Options
    VennegoorVennegoor Posts: 14,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bbv wrote: »
    Just ordered now and had to join a queue - they did offer my half price telephone line rental for the next six months if I wanted to join the queue so that was a bonus.

Can anyone tell me how you have to pay for Sky+HD box and install - do they add it on to your next bill or do you need to pay by card?

Plastic I think.
  • Options
    shrimp24shrimp24 Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    bbv wrote: »

Ordered mine today you have to pay for the box and installation by credit card, got it booked for 4th just in time for the cricket happy days
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    I don't understand, i've ordered today and my install date was said to be aiming around March 2nd, now I live in a rather quiet place, why is there such a long wait!?

I ordered 2 HD boxes and im a new customer. Im classed as in NP - Newport.
  • Options
    MKLightningMKLightning Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Registered on Wednesday. Received a text message that I could now complete the order on Thursday. Went ahead and completed the order online, giving credit card information and received an installation date for 7th Feb, then received the message that there was a problem with the system and to call 08442 411333.

Got home, called the number. They tried to register me again. Told them I had already done this and had got as far a getting an install date in the order online process before the system failed. Did the order process again over the phone, taking credit card inofrmation again which was a bit worrying, so I will be looking out for a duplicate billing. Now the install date was the 8th Feb, but I do have an order number that I never got online.

They told me to watch out for the engineer coming on the 7th and told me to call if he does since that would mean I had two orders going. Apparently it has happened a few times.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Ordered mine this morning online and could have had monday for the install but had to delay it till wednesday on my day off :)
    My question is will the installer want to nick my existing Sky+ box as i bought this privately and not from sky ?
    He can have my basic sky box i bought from them if he must take one ... what normally happens ??
  • Options
    super-saintsuper-saint Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ordered last night & Sky are coming this tuesday...happy days :)
  • Options
    tigertiger Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ordered mine this morning online and could have had monday for the install but had to delay it till wednesday on my day off :)
    My question is will the installer want to nick my existing Sky+ box as i bought this privately and not from sky ?
    He can have my basic sky box i bought from them if he must take one ... what normally happens ??

Hi, he will leave your Sky+ with you, it is yours, use it as a spare back up or for multi room if you don't have that.
  • Options
    michael37michael37 Posts: 2,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Both boxes are yours to keep.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got the text this morning & placed my brothers install for him. Got 3rd Feb.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    Ordered mine last night, now have e-mail saying 4-7 weeks before I can complete order.
    Must be because I live in deepest urban West Yorkshire.
  • Options
    tigertiger Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd call and double check with them, seems odd when people are getting installs within a week.