Options

Leftover sandwiches, share your creation

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,856
Forum Member
Love boxing day sandwiches, the more elaborate the better! So what's anyone having on their pieces today?

I'm having sliced roast chicken breast with sage and onion and pork and leek stuffing wrapped in bacon, a thin skiff of cranberry sauce and slices of roast potatoes & parsnips, then sliced pig in blanket, some glazed carrots and some sage and onion stuffing that was cooked separate so it's all crunchy. Topped with salad and drop of mayo to help maintain structural integrity, all on fresh Kingsmill 50/50 bread.

Mmmm :D

Comments

• Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I was going to have turkey and stuffing with either gravy if hot or apple sauce if cold, but there is no stuffing left so it will be a BTLC.

Bacon, Turkey, (Iceberg) Lettuce and Tomato in an Oven Bottom Muffin, my fave buns of the moment.
  • Options
    McLovin85McLovin85 Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a standard turkey/stuffing and cranberry sauce sandwich for me.
  • Options
    parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    Invisipost.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am going to have some chicken,beef and gammon with some stuffing in a bagette or ciabatta maybe with a little mayo..

oven bottom muffins or barm cakes .. yummy .. i miss them :cry:.. i can't seem to find any decent ones around here..
  • Options
    whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chicken, layer of sausage meat, layer of sage and onion stuffing and mashed sprouts and brown sauce all on thick granary bread....mmmmmmmm
  • Options
    cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grate the leftover beef.

Make a sandwich with it and add finely chopped spring onion and black pepper.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Errr yuck!!

Cold dry turkey sandwhiches, not for me thanks :(
  • Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roast Beef & red onion sandwiches for me today.
  • Options
    skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member
    Turkey,stuffing,sausage meat and pickled onions.Food of the Gods.