Four in a Bed. New series!!

Comments

• NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    All these hairs, it might give someone a prod to wear a hat before they cook.
    Or at least pin / tie hair back (pony tail, knot) and wear a hairband. I wonder if the majority of owner cooks do something like that normally but omit to do so on 4iaB for vanity reasons.

Wearing a clean full apron will also prevent hairs falling off clothes - though a quick whiz over the front of any clothing with sellotape or one of those adhesive roller things will help pick off most loose hairs before they can mysteriously make their way onto a plate.
    nick202 wrote: »
    What a spectacular house.
    Isn't it just. And I love the bedrooms...
    MRSgotobed wrote: »
    I would be absolutely gutted turning up to that lovely house and being directed towards a yurt.
    But then you'd think something along the lines of hmmmm, I'm on tv... I'm going to present myself as a jolly good sport...

I wouldn't mind a yurt (but given sufficient privacy, on a dark night I wouldn't faff about walking to official loo... a convenient shrub would do... :D) and at least here the woodburning stove was lit and there was conservatory-style seating and there was a little table and two chairs. It was much better equipped than the glamping we saw a few weeks ago where the guests were supposed to cook their own brekkies on a barbie...
    Bellamy wrote: »
    I don't know about the technicalities of these things, but I don't see why there can't be a discreet portaloo tucked behind the yurt.
    I'm guessing that the loo in the woods was not plumbed into a septic tank or similar but was probably some sort of natural earth closet whereas portaloos operate on chemicals which have to be emptied and the contents disposed of which would probably have to be via a contractor. Also, too close to either type would probably lead to smells of an undesirable nature in hot weather. Though... hot weather in the Lake District...? :D
    Lizaj wrote: »
    It didn't look that far to go to pee..the Lakes Loo..bracken! :eek:
    Bracken = ticks... double-:eek:
  • MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, that describes me to a tee Normandie...'a jolly good sport.' I might, but I'd be off to the nearest offie first. Medicinal purposes.:D
  • hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lil lexie wrote: »
    that bloke said he had strange dreams, that's what eating too much dust before bedtime does for you. :p

LOL:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that bloke said he had strange dreams, that's what eating too much dust before bedtime does for you. :p
    :D

Oh gods yes, I'd forgotten that... erased it from my mind, more like. The producers should introduce him to Alfie (was it?) the guy from Liverpool who kept rinsing his face in lavatories... men can be very strange.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    Normandie wrote: »

Oh gods yes, I'd forgotten that... erased it from my mind, more like. The producers should introduce him to Alfie (was it?) the guy from Liverpool who kept rinsing his face in lavatories... men can be very strange.

yep, he was another odd one. Some people just go into melt down when the camera is pointing at them.:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »

I'm now waiting to see how things pan out between the 4 girls and still wondering what the former nurses found in their bedroom and objected to? Suggestions please! :D;)

Mine was chintz which some people seem to find terrifying but on watching these two days, I think our ex nurses are probably made of stern enough stuff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Bracken = ticks... double-:eek:

There's always the choice of a guzunder..I think I'd insist on a nice antique blue and white jobbie not a tin one like we used to have to cope with at my Cumbrian grandparents home.
    No lekky..outside loo...a trek to that with a candle in the dark was a trip too far.
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    Torch81 wrote: »
    Thanks for the link. Blimey, they've got a whole industry going on there! I found the pricing for the yurts a bit confusing. I like the look of some of cottages, the Beckstone one's in particular.

You're welcome,
    I think they've got a baby business there which will probably grow and grow.
    hooter wrote: »
    I like your idea of the hot water bottles..reminds me of life with me gran:D

Years ago, when central heating wasn`t available to the average person, hot water bottles were put into guest beds for at least 2 or 3 days before a guest arrived so the the beds would be `aired` and dry for them to sleep in.

Perhaps all Yurt and Glamping Holidays owners should take note and do the same.

Definitely.
    And don't forget that bottles today can have some really modern covers, they're not the things our granny had ... well, they are of course, but brought right up to date.
    I use one against my back when I have to sit all day in an office chair and am having one of those days.
    Mine's got a fur fabric cover patterned in brown and white cow markings :)

Besides anything else, they're cheap as chips and yet give a high degree of comfort.

That, and as has been said, slooshing lavatory bowl water over one's face - where did that come from :confused:
    Men surely aren't that odd.
    Mine was chintz which some people seem to find terrifying but on watching these two days, I think our ex nurses are probably made of stern enough stuff.

Right, I've thought about this and here's my stab at it...

The two women are shown to their room where they find Paul reclining on the bed, wearing just a leopardskin mankini and a jaunty dickie...and I'm not even joking*

* I am, of course
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there were some posts earlier in the thread with suggestions.....

I went for dust/dirt/damp.....someone else went with mice.....cant remember without scrolling back :o

I still stand on my dirt/dust/damp theory :D
    Shrike wrote: »
    Well they were game enough to stay in the yurt so I don't think it can be anything trivial, also it can't be sorted as they end up staying elsewhere. I reckon its not something they are flouncing over - rather its like a burst pipe flooding the room and there are no other rooms available.

Thanks but I was rather hoping for something controversial!;):D

Right, I've thought about this and here's my stab at it...

Originally Posted by Solarsail The two women are shown to their room where they find Paul reclining on the bed, wearing just a leopardskin mankini and a jaunty dickie...and I'm not even joking*

That's a bit more like it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    I'm always really shocked that B&B owners (or their cooks) don't wear hair-nets or even tie their hair back when preparing food / breakfast.

It's outrageous from a health & hygiene point of view! In any commercial kitchen it would be enforced. Plus, at least they could be motivated by not wanting a hair to be found in their food on national TV!

They don't even tie their hair back or put a cap on.
  • hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm always really shocked that B&B owners (or their cooks) don't wear hair-nets or even tie their hair back when preparing food / breakfast.

It's outrageous from a health & hygiene point of view! In any commercial kitchen it would be enforced. Plus, at least they could be motivated by not wanting a hair to be found in their food on national TV!

I used to do wedding cakes...many moons ago....however, I always had my hair covered with a proper chefs headscarf whilst making and decorating the cakes. These B and B owners must have had to get a Food Handling and Hygiene Certificate..so why haven`t they got their barnets covered?:confused:
    Forum Member
    ewoodie wrote: »
    That's a bit more like it!

At least I probably win the prize for originality :D

I know no shame :o:o

Truth might be something as simple as they get called back to their place and so 'we won't be staying in your room tonight' - and we all fall for it.
    Although, precis says they find something in their room - so there's a chance yet that my guess is infact the correct one :D

Hairgate!

*not to be confused with its close relation, the much vaunted 'pubegate' :yawn:
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am rapidly losing interest in this program and only really watch the second half to see how good brekkie is and how they slept etc.
    Forum Member
    Have you caught up yet though Nutty?
    I think a lot of us watch because of this forum rather than wanting to really keep up with the programme on its own.
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kinda, tried to watch yesterdays today but it kept breaking up, stupid Virgin Media - I might wait till weekend to catch up on them all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    Hey everyone, not been able to post for a while. Just watched it on catchup, I work shifts!

Probably been asked already but are the two ladies business partners or romantic partners? It's just they were introduced just as "partners", and usually if it's two people of the same sex they say "business partners" if they mean that...

I suppose the resemblance of Brummie bloke to Noddy Holder has already been done?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    Oh and I am hopelessly in love with Ben!

I hope to see him coming out of the shower in a future episode!
  • TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First thought on Ben & Katie - how lucky are they to be able to live in that house? It's gorgeous :D

However, I'm hoping this was tongue-in-cheek but I thought it was a bit bad of Katie to say that if any of the others played up then she would pull "the pregnant card" (she said it in the first few mins).

I wondered about the Veronica and Saida "partners" thing as well - maybe they are a couple but just don't want to say on national TV?

Also - I definitely wouldn't want to stay in a yurt, but even if I did, £85 is just too much. Maybe £60-65 is about right considering the distance to the toilet and the basic shower, and for the beds being bunks and damp.

The 2 blondes imo have been quite fair so far - I'm intrigued as to what would make V&S not want to stay at theirs?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    However, I'm hoping this was tongue-in-cheek but I thought it was a bit bad of Katie to say that if any of the others played up then she would pull "the pregnant card" (she said it in the first few mins).
    I did see that - I laughed... I did think it was funny. It looked as if she was just revelling in the knowledge she was newly pregnant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both Veronica and Saida mentioned families but hey ho I belong to the section of society that is grateful when people go along with..our "arrangements" really are our business.
  • jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did see that - I laughed... I did think it was funny. It looked as if she was just revelling in the knowledge she was newly pregnant.

That's about the size of it! Sums up the feeling you can have (as opposed to "OH NO!")

I remember the middle months of pregnancy being a lovely time too. :)
    That reminds me, there must be a lot of staff we haven't seen at their place. The cleaning must need a large task force for starters.
    My dear, the hairs!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both Veronica and Saida mentioned families but hey ho I belong to the section of society that is grateful when people go along with..our "arrangements" really are our business.

Veronica mentioned that one of them had had 6 children?

But yes, while agree that not everyone should be chivvied into 'coming out' or stating precise details of a friendship I did wonder about their relationship.

But then though "Nah!"
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jamtamara wrote: »
    Veronica mentioned that one of them had had 6 children?

But yes, while agree that not everyone should be chivvied into 'coming out' or stating precise details of a friendship I did wonder about their relationship.

They've had twin rooms both times so far so maybe it's just business?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Other horror stories shamelessly using Solar's example as inspiration

The girls enter Paul's room brandishing whips, handcuffs and chains and other unmentionables. Hairgate revenge.

Still he might even like it. As has been noted, men like all sorts of things. They don't always admit to washing their faces in the toilet, but who knows: there may be others out there. :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    They've had twin rooms both times so far so maybe it's just business?

Yes, exactly. But then again they are of a certain age who wouldn't necessarily want to flaunt it. We will nevair know.
This discussion has been closed.