Options

Putin formally requests Parliament for Russian military intervention in Ukraine

1235»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for having the courtesy to respond.

Your welcome! ;-)
    I fully accept your point that the election wasn't perfect - few are unfortunately - but it wasn't as questionable as earlier ones and, as you advise, was found to be broadly fair. I agree that ideally Russia would have a better leader.

Well said! :)
    On EU, we don't have the same opinion as you say. I would not have been in favour of just telling the old Eastern Bloc countries to get on with things, especially as many wanted to join EU. But I think I would have preferred some sort of informal but sharply defined economic structure connecting EU and the ex Eastern Bloc for a longer period.

Well personally they should have waited a bit longer before adding the other 13 memebers that have jointed the EU since 2005, so I agree with you on that front...
    Revolutionary change is often sudden in historical terms and haphazard. While fast action is often necessary to bring new systemic structures into place, I believe that there should then be a lengthy period of settlement and slow evolution. But then I tend to think that most social changes are accommodated more easily by all parties when they are not fast paced. Immigration would be a good example. Steadier might have been less fraught!

Good points!
  • Options
    LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    ITN Source wrote: »
    Your welcome! ;-)

Well said! :)

Well personally they should have waited a bit longer before adding the other 13 memebers that have jointed the EU since 2005, so I agree with you on that front...

Good points!

Thanks for your comments. :)