Vote to Save or Vote to Evict?

21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
Forum Member
Simple question really- which voting format for choosing our evictee do you prefer?

Vote to Evict was the means of evicting a housemate during the "Golden years" on C4 but has produced some pretty baffling results.

Vote to Evict remains the sole way of ousting a housemate in the Celebrity series (and very rewarding it has been too) but, after a brief flirtation in the C5 civillian series, has been ditched in favour of VTE for the summer series.

What method do you prefer?

Favourite method of eviction? 53 votes

Vote to Save
58% 31 votes
Vote to Evict
41% 22 votes

Comments

• Ronell_DavisRonell_Davis Posts: 4,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vote To Save !
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always been a vote to save person myself.
  • atkoatko Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It should always be to evict! BB is also associated with CBB & in the latter those with the biggest fan bases will always win. Stick to evict on all shows & there is no confusion, keep changing it & people starting voting thinking they are doing the opposite!
  • Captain KipperCaptain Kipper Posts: 9,913
    Forum Member
    VTS everytime, tonights result wouldn't have happened with that voting system.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evict all the time. Much more exciting so long as there are 3 or more up (with 2 up it makes no difference).
  • snarieksnariek Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are pros and cons to each. If this series was VTS we'd still have Pauline, at the same time though we'd be rid of Marlon. Neither system ensures the worst are evicted.
  • SonicmfcSonicmfc Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vote to evict. Keeping in popular ones with VTS is much more difficult as they have to be voted for a lot EVERY week they are up. With this in mind VTS works for the shorter celeb version whereas VTE is better for the civilian show...
  • Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    Noooooo I picked Vote To Evict by accident I meant to pick Vote To Save !!!! :( is there anyway my vote can be changed please ?
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think tonight's result would have been exactly the same.

If it had been vote to save, Matthew would have had the least votes and would have gone. It was effectively Ash vs Matthew anyway. The other HMs who were up made no real difference.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I disagree, tonight's result would have been exactly the same on VTS with the majority of people voting to save Mark and Winston and girlies voting for Ash and no-one feeling enough of a connection to save Matthew. Personally I like Matthew, but unfortunately, he was the victim of Ashleigh's spite campaign. I'm sure there were a few voters who didn't particularly like him, but I suspect that the majority who voted for him were either Ash fans or Ashleigh's haters; and whilst Matthew wasn't a bad bloke, he didn't have enough of a pleasant personality for people to rally around. Everyone knew he was in danger and choose not to bother saving him, starting with his friend Ashleigh and followed by the BB voters.

I didn't particularly like Ash's behaviour last week and especially the name calling, but I do think that he is being unfairly tarred with the same brush as Helen, ie being called a 'bully'. Ash may not have been pleasant but he hasn't been a bully and if name-calling means you're a bully, then they all are without exception. The hatred of Ash last week was fuelled by the hatred of Helen, both have calmed down and consequently the hatred has too though more so with Ash, who, quite honestly hasn't been as bad as he has been made out to be. It was very easy to see that it would be close between Ash and Matthew, and as Ashleigh's spite got worse, Mathew's position in the house became more under threat.

People didn't bother saving him by voting for Ash, his biggest competition and the favourite to be evicted, so it's obvious that they wouldn't have bothered to save him if it was VTS. With some housemates, depending on who they are up against, VTS or VTE doesn't make a difference, in either scenario they are toast.
  • Ashfield22121Ashfield22121 Posts: 2,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vote to Save only really makes a huge difference when lots of housemates are up.

Last week with Toya would have been good time for a Vote to Save. We could have got rid of Marlon.
  • TrumblesTrumbles Posts: 7,781
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote: »
    I think tonight's result would have been exactly the same.

If it had been vote to save, Matthew would have had the least votes and would have gone. It was effectively Ash vs Matthew anyway. The other HMs who were up made no real difference.
    I agree. Winston and Mark are obvious vote magnets on VTS. I even wonder whether it's possible that Ash might have pushed Christopher into the bottom two - BB's been friendly to him in the past few days.
    Vote to Save only really makes a huge difference when lots of housemates are up.

Last week with Toya would have been good time for a Vote to Save. We could have got rid of Marlon.
    I agree that Toya would probably have stayed (and Marlon might have gone), but not that that would have been a good thing.

Besides we might already have lost Marlon - he might have gone ahead of Pauline the previous week :o