Scott & Bailey confirmed for series 4

MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,424
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Good news IMO.
I was worried when Suranne Jones stated she wasn't sure if she would have the time to return, but they must have worked something out.

This is one of the (very) few UK shows that I still get excited about.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a509350/scott-and-bailey-returning-for-fourth-series-itv-confirms.html

Comments

• DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm very pleased - it is one of the best cops shows on air. I especially like the interviews - almost as good as Cracker.

The scenes between the three female leads can also be riveting, with subtle humour.
  • ShevkShevk Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent news :) My favourite returning procedural drama. The workplace and the characters feel so much more textured and developed than in standard crime procedurals, and the acting talent is as good as perfect. I thought the final episode of the third series was one of the best sixty minutes of storytelling I've seen on TV this year, and the ending left me wanting more of not just Scott and Bailey, but particuarly DCI Murray.

Amelia Bullmore is an actor/writer who deserves more plaudits, and hopefully with her writing four episodes the series will be in very good hands. She has such a flair and understanding of the characters.

I'm guessing if the episodes don't start filming until Spring then the series won't air until Autumn next year. This is presumeably to allow for a changing set-up - Sally Wainwright no longer writing as many scripts - as well as for the key writing and acting talent to explore other projects in the interim. Which suits me; Last Tango in Halifax (also created by Sally Wainwright) was a favourite show of mine last year, and it would be a loss to the television industry if Suranne Jones and her co-stars were to tie themselves exclusively to one programme.
  • xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great news, excellent show.
  • daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fab- I'm really pleased! I thought the last series was top notch, the best yet.
  • jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shevk wrote: »
    Excellent news :) My favourite returning procedural drama. The workplace and the characters feel so much more textured and developed than in standard crime procedurals, and the acting talent is as good as perfect. I thought the final episode of the third series was one of the best sixty minutes of storytelling I've seen on TV this year, and the ending left me wanting more of not just Scott and Bailey, but particuarly DCI Murray.

Amelia Bullmore is an actor/writer who deserves more plaudits, and hopefully with her writing four episodes the series will be in very good hands. She has such a flair and understanding of the characters.

I'm guessing if the episodes don't start filming until Spring then the series won't air until Autumn next year. This is presumeably to allow for a changing set-up - Sally Wainwright no longer writing as many scripts - as well as for the key writing and acting talent to explore other projects in the interim. Which suits me; Last Tango in Halifax (also created by Sally Wainwright) was a favourite show of mine last year, and it would be a loss to the television industry if Suranne Jones and her co-stars were to tie themselves exclusively to one programme.

Or to Sky which is where she seems to be working at the moment.
  • katherine500000katherine500000 Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hurrah!
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrMarple wrote: »
    Good news IMO.
    I was worried when Suranne Jones stated she wasn't sure if she would have the time to return, but they must have worked something out.

This is one of the (very) few UK shows that I still get excited about.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a509350/scott-and-bailey-returning-for-fourth-series-itv-confirms.html

Wonder how skinny Suranne Jones is going to be in this series.
    She seemed to be getting thinner and thinner with each series !

She used to be such a lovely looking woman in her Corrie days.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay this is great news :D
  • dmbowensdmbowens Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the trailers on ITV at the moment it suggests that Scott and Bailey both
    apply for Gill's job as she is retiring

I know there has been little information about series 4 as yet, but I really hope that
    Gill isn't leaving
  • BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zizu58 wrote: »

Whatever she does, to me she is always Karen MacDonald
  • actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    dmbowens wrote: »

I know there has been little information about series 4 as yet, but I really hope that
    Gill isn't leaving

Gill makes the show. Hope that isn't true
  • Lisa_NaylorLisa_Naylor Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She's the best character on the show so I don't like this possibility :(
    If she does retire I hope it's not till the end of the series and this is the last series. Or she doesn't end up retiring and she's back for a future series, if there is one..
  • dmbowensdmbowens Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Completely agree about this. :(
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any news on when the new series will air?
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Less of SJ being "irresistible" (she ain't) and her stupid sex life next series, please.
  • mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    Zizu58 wrote: »

Her wonderful boobs disappeared at some stage in the last few years :-(
  • TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a fan of this show. Can somebody help me out here? I've always wondered if Gill really has any time for DC Rachel Bailey. She seems to like Janet more than her and barely tolerates her when she's in the same room. Anybody else think this?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dmbowens wrote: »

Gill isn't leaving
    They are both applying for the post of Detective Sergeant (currently Danny Miller). Gill is a Detective Chief Inspector (Two ranks above Detective Sergeant), so neither will be taking over her job!

I don't think Gill will really leave given Amelia Bullmore's contribution to the series as now head writer - maybe she's joking, or she announces that she is going to retire then life forces her to make a U-turn.
  • Fiddly_FeltzFiddly_Feltz Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is an excellent programme. Everything Suranne Jones is in is superb.

Loved her crazy Karen McDonald in Corrie.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking maybe it was the last one. Gill leaves, Scott or Bailey get her job and then as a "happy ending" the one that doesn't get the job gets the same job at another syndicate? I hope not though. Maybe Gill changes her mind after a case or something.
  • louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know what date it returns?
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wednesday September 10th at 9pm
  • louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wednesday September 10th at 9pm

Thanks. I don't usually watch drama, but I may give this another chance, and sky+ it. I will need to get series 3 seen first.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    Woo hoo! I love this programme.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Episode one synopsis:

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week37/scott-bailey
    I reckon they'll both have a sergeant position by the end of the series.

The case of the week sounds interesting.