Options

Amazing Race Australia vs NZ

2»

Comments

• Options
    The Face of BoeThe Face of Boe Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well. I am still really enjoying this season, good mix of teams, good challenges and good destinations. Way it should be. Far better than the Canadian version, which I have given up on for the 2nd time in 2 years..
  • Options
    ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a great leg, that road block was so disgusting then it got to the poo spitting detour and I was gagging so much lol :D

I liked the brother and sister team but I'd rather the nurses stayed. Surprised there hasn't been a NEL yet.
  • Options
    starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this series is really picking up now, but I feel the same about the Canadian one too now (after an underwhelming first year and a slowish start in this). Both are definitely looking better than what the US has offered in recent years.
  • Options
    ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't realise last week's was a double episode, so just caught up and on this weeks episode too.

I actually love Sally and Tyson now, the proposal was very sweet and not cheesy. Also love the nurses and glad they didn't use their salvage pass on the team that was eliminated. As one I don't like them and two it'd be a little annoying to have a NEL after 'keep on racing leg'.
    I don't like the newlyweds still either.

I also love how they don't stay in a country for that long, America version seems to suffer from that now.
  • Options
    triton333triton333 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a little surprised to read all the favourable comments here. In an Aus forum I'm on most people think it doesn't measure up to the two past series of TARA. It's getting panned for far too many studio comments from the teams (which is probably mimicking the wildly successful My Kitchen Rules on the same network) and for the Aus v. NZ theme, and for stretching episodes out too much at times. And on a pedantic note, Grant Bowler isn't using the right expressions when he greets teams at pitstops (though he's always got those wrong).
  • Options
    breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    triton333 wrote: »
    It's getting panned for far too many studio comments from the teams and for the Aus v. NZ theme, and for stretching episodes out too much at times.

I agree with these criticisms, especially the repetition of scenes following an add-break. But it's still very good and a couple of notches above the American version.

One leg to go and all my favourite teams are gone.
    I hope the nurses will win.
  • Options
    starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely better than the American one is now, and I definitely don't want it changed into some condensed easy version like the US one. I like longer times for the shows, and if some don't have the attention span for that then that's their problem not the shows. And I always like Sally and Tyson on this, nice to have a team to root for so far in the race.
    I thought the last leg was pretty good I just wish there had been a point to the Hollywood section, maybe giving the teams that ended that part first a small time advantage in the Melbourne leg.

Disappointed Sally and Tyson didn't win, my favourites rarely do but at least they did the whole thing and seemed to get a decent prize anyway. Jarrod was funny at times in this episode, though I hope he didn't cost Sally and Tyson the race with the misdirection, I suspect he didn't.
  • Options
    breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Casting for 2015 has begun!!!!