Tyson (Tocantins)
Russell (Samoa)
Rob (Marquesas/All Stars)
Sandra (Pearl Islands)
Parvati (Cook Islands/Micronesia)
Danielle (Panama)
Jerri (Australia/All Stars)
Courtney (China)

I am fairly happy with the cast really. However, I am puzzled as to why Candice is on the Hero tribe and Sandra on the Villian tribe :confused:

Also, I am slightly annoyed they are bringing back Rupert, Stephenie, Amanda, James and Cirie back for a third time. I am happy that Colby, Jerri, Parv and Rob are back 3 times though.

Comments

• Options
    RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's already a thread here: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1066609&highlight=survivor+season+20

I hate that there are so many third-timers, especially the likes of Rupert, Amanda, James, Parvati and yes, even Cirie.

I'm happy Jerri is back though, and I don't even mind Stephenie taking part, seeing as she has never been in an official All-Star season.
  • Options
    Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steph was more of a villain too. In Guatamala anyway.

And I don't see how Parvati would be a villain but not Cirie or even Amanda. The way they've split them is a little contrived.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paravti was against the "righteous and holy" (:rolleyes:) Aitu 4 in Cook Islands; so she'll always be seen as a villain. She also played a part in the blindsiding of fan favourite Ozzy.

Also, they couldn't really put Parv, Amanda and Cirie all on the same tribe again, that would have been way too much of an advantage. Especially if you add Candice to that potential alliance. This is probably the reason why Sandra is on the Villain tribe, to be separated from Rupert. But then they put Tyson and Coach together, so who knows, but I suppose it's harder to sell that either Tyson or Coach were Heroes! :D

Thing is the whole Hero/Villain tag is a grey area, many of those people can and have been both. Especially Steph who was a sure Hero in Palua but a Villain in Gautemala.

Jerri was probably the most memorable female villain for her stint in Australian Outback, but personally I didn't think she did anything villainous in All-Stars. I hope she gets a Hero edit this time around, it would be a nice change.

I can see Sugar becoming a villain this time. Pretty much the entire cast hated her on Gabon, her edit may reflect why that is this time around.
  • Options
    cherubmattdcherubmattd Posts: 13,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, I'm gonna do this one by one

Heroes-
    Tom (Palau) - need to see
    Rupert (Pearl Islands/All Stars) - need to see
    JT (Tocantins) - didn't like him, southern charm does work on me :)
    James (China/Micronesia) - like him, love China
    Colby (Australia/All Stars) - meh, ok, he's popular
    Candice (Cook Islands) - seen it, forgot her *googles* - oh, she was nice
    Amanda (China/Micronesia) - nice
    Sugar (Gabon) - YAY! loved her
    Stephenie (Palau/Guatemala) - need to see
    Cirie (Panama/Micronesia) - liked her in Micronesia, need to see Panama

Villians-
    Randy (Gabon) - annoying!
    Coach (Tocantins) - don't even get me started on that div
    Tyson (Tocantins) - i thought he was ok???
    Russell (Samoa) - plays hard, will have the advantage of other players knowing nothing about his gameplay if they havent seen Samoa
    Rob (Marquesas/All Stars) - need to see
    Sandra (Pearl Islands) - need to see
    Parvati (Cook Islands/Micronesia) - love her love her love her.
    Danielle (Panama) - need to see
    Jerri (Australia/All Stars) - love to hate in Australia
    Courtney (China) - i liked her.... she seemed nice enough.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually really liked Jerri in Allstars. She wasn't really a bitch at all, and so many of them on that season were so smug and irritating that I wanted her to beat most of them. And she was the only one who ever stood up to dicks like Rupert and Colby.

But then she ruined it on the reunion show.:rolleyes:

I hope this season lives up to the hype! I really didnt like the first Allstars it was way too predictable, but I did like Micronesia a lot.
  • Options
    EyeLikeBeerEyeLikeBeer Posts: 1,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Jerri and hope she gets further than Colby and Rupert :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want a Jerri and Courtney final two, how amazing would that be? :D

Russell will do well I feel, no one will have seen his season so they won't have any idea how he played. I think he can at least make the merge again, if not further.

I'm surprised Boston Rob is doing it again, especially after just having a baby. Hope he doesn't pull a Fairplay.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Courtney kind of sucks as a gameplayer. Though I liked her, she had zero game. I hope she does a Parvati this time and is a lot better.

If Amanda gets to the final two again and then screws up her jury speech I will actually kill myself.:( Somehow I feel that she'll get quite far again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Redmond wrote: »

I'm surprised Boston Rob is doing it again, especially after just having a baby. Hope he doesn't pull a Fairplay.

I'm not, they live by Reality TV. I'm just surprised Amber hasn't dumped the baby with Mum and gone with him. Maybe she's not such a fame junkie as she was and Motherhood has softened her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,385
    Forum Member
    I cannot believe they're bringing people back for a THIRD time...the only one of those I'm excited about is Parvati...I think it's ridiculous too that they've brought Amanda and Cirie back, both of whom made it to the very later stages in BOTH their seasons...it's stupid. Could they not have brought Natalie from Micronesia back as a villain?
  • Options
    MoxieMoxie Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's loads of others they could have brought back. I would have liked to see Natalie too, but also anyone from Guatamala (except Steph). It's like the current series, they only seem to focus on one or two players ( Russell, and then James and Amanda again, why?) and others just seem to slip through the net and are never heard of again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Argh it's threads like this that make me hate my stupid brain and it's inability to remember people. I have said before I don't remember seasons by the name of their location so always struggle with talking about past seasons any way even though I have seen and loved every one of them!

I really don't remember some of the names on the list at all, and a lot I remember vaguely but not enough to remember if I liked them or not.

Super happy to see Rob M and Rupert, two of my all time favourites.

Tom (Palau) - Liked him but can't remember why!
    Rupert (Pearl Islands/All Stars) - Loved him!
    JT (Tocantins) - Very disappointed, he bored me to tears in his season and the fact everyone loved him made me barf. I complained that he was handed the win, so I suppose at least it will be interesting to see if he does have game!
    James (China/Micronesia) - Seriously, again? Yawn.
    Colby (Australia/All Stars) - Don't remember.
    Candice (Cook Islands) - Don't remember (though the name def rings a bell, I get the feeling I didn't like her)
    Amanda (China/Micronesia) - Couldn't stand her first time around. Couldn't stand her second time around. Appalled she's there for a third go - personality of a dish cloth and a crap player.
    Sugar (Gabon) - HATED!! Ugh seriously...and she's on the heroes team?
    Stephenie (Palau/Guatemala) - Don't remember.
    Cirie (Panama/Micronesia) - Never liked her. Way overrated as a player.

Villains-
    Randy (Gabon) - YAY! Liked him.
    Coach (Tocantins) - Quite liked Coach as well but not sure I'd pick him for all stars if it were to be my personal dream team.
    Tyson (Tocantins) - Didn't like him because he was a 'faux villain', he was clearly acting up to the cameras and saying things to appear as a villain. I complained at the time it was obvious his goal was to make sure he was on the next all stars and it looked like it worked.
    Russell (Samoa) - That;s...Russell from the current season? Cool...although it might be a bit overkill.
    Rob (Marquesas/All Stars) - *Explodes* my all time love xx
    Sandra (Pearl Islands) - Don't remember.
    Parvati (Cook Islands/Micronesia) - Like Amanda, disliked the first time, disliked a little less the second time. Way overrated and not happy she's getting a 3rd chance!
    Danielle (Panama) - Don't remember.
    Jerri (Australia/All Stars) - Vague recollection of her but not enough to decide if I like her being in it or not.
    Courtney (China) - Didn't like her but I can't remember why.

Looks like I am alone but overall think it's a very poor cast. Only 3 or 4 that really get me excited but as many who bore me and as many again who don't deserve a 3rd chance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay, I understand that with 19 seasons it is is easy to forget a lot of the players and what seasons they are from and what happened etc. But how can you not remember Jerri and Colby?!

Jerri was the original female super-villain from Australian Outback (Season 2). She accused Kel of eating beef jerky, she bitched and moaned at camp (often right but the way she expressed things got on peoples nerves), she was the one who told Rupert his ridiculous underground hut idea was stupid in All-Stars and she had the infamous moment of getting booed off of the reunion show. She also had the relationship/rivalry with...

Colby, also from Australian Outback. The original Survivor hunk, big fan favourite, won lots of challenges, was in the final two with Tina, everyone expected him to win...he didn't. He originally flirted with Jerri, but became sick of her, she became a little stalker-ish, he blindsided her - Jerri got her revenge in All-Stars when she was a part of his blindside.

Two all time Survivor greats whether you love them or hate them. I personally love Jerri and she is the only third-timer I'm happy to watch again.

I'm also quite surprised you don't remember Stephenie; the female Rupert. She was the last surviving member of the Ulong tribe in Palua (their tribe lost every immunity challenge up until the merge). She was a massive fan favourite and they invited her back (along with Bobby Jon) the following season in Guatemala, where people realised that she was actually a bit of a bitch.

The others I suppose yeah, you could forget them. Unless you are a Survivor obsessive like myself!

Candice was on Cook Islands with Parvati, Yul, Jonathan and Ozzy. She was best known for the mutiny, in which she and Jonathan switched back to their former tribe leaving the Aitu 4 at a serious numbers disadvantage...of course the Aitu 4 would go on to take control of the game and in doing so sending Candice to a record number of Exile Island appearances. She also had a relationship with Adam. I personally liked her, but she got a villain edit, which is why it is super strange to see her on the Heroes tribe.

Sandra is a former winner, she won Pearl Islands (the season with Rupert and Fairplay). She was a sassy Latino woman, dirty mouth on her, great character. She is probably best known for destroying the fish after Rupert was voted out and allowing Christa to take the blame; also her arguments with Fairplay and the moment she screwed him over with the "I swear on my kids...that I'll screw you and Burton". She was aligned with Rupert and was generally seen as a hero, which again is strange, because she is on the Villains tribe.

Danielle. Very understandable to forget her. She was on Exile Island season with Cirie, Shane and Terry. She was runner-up to Aras. Probably best remembered for? Dunno, blindsiding Shane? Winning the Final 3 immunity challenge? She's from Boston, so look out for a potential alliance with Rob in Season 20.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :p blimey Redmond! You are a Survivor fanatic aren't you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tally wrote: »
    :p blimey Redmond! You are a Survivor fanatic aren't you?

Yeah. But to be fair, I have recently just rewatched most seasons with my brother, getting him hooked on the show now. :D

So a lot of it is fresh in my memory. I'm not as fanatical as some though; like those that can not only name every contestant and what season they are from, but can name all the tribe names too!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay, I understand that with 19 seasons it is is easy to forget a lot of the players and what seasons they are from and what happened etc. But how can you not remember Jerri and Colby?!

Jerri was the original female super-villain from Australian Outback (Season 2). She accused Kel of eating beef jerky, she bitched and moaned at camp (often right but the way she expressed things got on peoples nerves), she was the one who told Rupert his ridiculous underground hut idea was stupid in All-Stars and she had the infamous moment of getting booed off of the reunion show. She also had the relationship/rivalry with...

Colby, also from Australian Outback. The original Survivor hunk, big fan favourite, won lots of challenges, was in the final two with Tina, everyone expected him to win...he didn't. He originally flirted with Jerri, but became sick of her, she became a little stalker-ish, he blindsided her - Jerri got her revenge in All-Stars when she was a part of his blindside.

Two all time Survivor greats whether you love them or hate them. I personally love Jerri and she is the only third-timer I'm happy to watch again.

I'm also quite surprised you don't remember Stephenie; the female Rupert. She was the last surviving member of the Ulong tribe in Palua (their tribe lost every immunity challenge up until the merge). She was a massive fan favourite and they invited her back (along with Bobby Jon) the following season in Guatemala, where people realised that she was actually a bit of a bitch.

The others I suppose yeah, you could forget them. Unless you are a Survivor obsessive like myself!

Candice was on Cook Islands with Parvati, Yul, Jonathan and Ozzy. She was best known for the mutiny, in which she and Jonathan switched back to their former tribe leaving the Aitu 4 at a serious numbers disadvantage...of course the Aitu 4 would go on to take control of the game and in doing so sending Candice to a record number of Exile Island appearances. She also had a relationship with Adam. I personally liked her, but she got a villain edit, which is why it is super strange to see her on the Heroes tribe.

Sandra is a former winner, she won Pearl Islands (the season with Rupert and Fairplay). She was a sassy Latino woman, dirty mouth on her, great character. She is probably best known for destroying the fish after Rupert was voted out and allowing Christa to take the blame; also her arguments with Fairplay and the moment she screwed him over with the "I swear on my kids...that I'll screw you and Burton". She was aligned with Rupert and was generally seen as a hero, which again is strange, because she is on the Villains tribe.

Danielle. Very understandable to forget her. She was on Exile Island season with Cirie, Shane and Terry. She was runner-up to Aras. Probably best remembered for? Dunno, blindsiding Shane? Winning the Final 3 immunity challenge? She's from Boston, so look out for a potential alliance with Rob in Season 20.

Thanks for the reminders! It's names I struggle with more than any thing else - but a little jog of the memory does wonders.

Jerri I do remember, but I only remember the reuinion show incident of the ones you mention :o

Colby I am afraid I still don't remember. As I was reading the description I thought 'Oh Yeah', but then realised I was thinking of Ethan!

Stephanie - oh course, totally remember her!

Sandra I remember now, but not very well.

I remember the mutiny with Candice and Jonathan, but still can't for the life of me remember her as such.

Danielle is still a complete blank.

I think I may need to rewatch the whole thing as well! I was planning on uploading the whole Survivor backcatalog to my site and was all geared up to do it, but then I started a poll and it's actually the least requested of the shows I was offering - so probably won't do it now :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danielle http://z.about.com/d/realitytv/1/0/U/Z/DanielleDiLorenzo.jpg

Maybe that picture may jog your memory. Or maybe not. :D

Also here's Colby. Probst had a man-crush on him:

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/survivor/images/colby-donaldson.jpg
  • Options
    MoxieMoxie Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember Colby at the reunion show, riding in on a motorbike. Don't know what that was all about! I can't remember Danielle at all, although I remember Aras as I supported him.
  • Options
    GREATGUYGREATGUY Posts: 4,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this season, ive heard its going to be a great season, although im a bit annoyed with myself for not being able to stop myself reading the entire bootlist already!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GREATGUY wrote: »
    Looking forward to this season, ive heard its going to be a great season, although im a bit annoyed with myself for not being able to stop myself reading the entire bootlist already!

Sssh! Please don't post it in this thread. I know you probably weren't going to, but just thought I'd warn you, to be on the safe side. :D

I was following all the pre-show rumours before the cast was found out. All I wanted to know was the cast, I didn't want to read any boot spoilers. I think I may have accidentally read a couple, although I'm not completely sure they are true. But since then I've avoided Survivor spoiler sites like the plague.

:)
  • Options
    GREATGUYGREATGUY Posts: 4,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sssh! Please don't post it in this thread. I know you probably weren't going to, but just thought I'd warn you, to be on the safe side. :D

I was following all the pre-show rumours before the cast was found out. All I wanted to know was the cast, I didn't want to read any boot spoilers. I think I may have accidentally read a couple, although I'm not completely sure they are true. But since then I've avoided Survivor spoiler sites like the plague.

:)

Dont worry i wasnt planning on spoiling it for anyone :cool:
  • Options
    fab cescfab cesc Posts: 19,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heroes-
    Tom (Palau) - Very excited to see him again although i am slightly worried that he might try to take control again and get blindsided early.
    Rupert (Pearl Islands/All Stars) - Shouldn't be back again.
    JT (Tocantins) - Would have preferred to see someone like Aras come back if they wanted a male winner as he at least seemed to have more game.
    James (China/Micronesia) - I know he got med evacuated the last time but does the guy really deserve a 3rd shot at this :(
    Colby (Australia/All Stars) - I would have preferred Terry if they were looking someone who is great at challenges. It would have been great to watch him going up against Tom in challenges if they were on opposite tribes at one stage imo.
    Candice (Cook Islands) - She didn't do much but i liked her, you got the sense she could have been a very good strategist if she wasn't in a tribe full of idiots/developed romantic feelings for said idiot.
    Amanda (China/Micronesia) - I like her but why is she here again, the girl couldn't get the jury to vote for her if she handpicked her opponent out of the 300 odd contestants who have been on the show so far.
    Sugar (Gabon) - :cry:
    Stephenie (Palau/Guatemala) - She was a good player and hasn't been on an all star season yet so i don't have that much of a problem with this.
    Cirie (Panama/Micronesia) - Personally i'm not a fan, if they wanted a girl who has been on 2 times already i would have gone for eliza or Jenna Morasca (although with everything happening to ethan that wasn't really an option).

Villians-
    Randy (Gabon) - Hated him the first time, he was a no brainer considering this is heroes v villians though.
    Coach (Tocantins) - Again another obvios choice. The guy produced some classic moments but i think the others will vote him out early this time as he's just that annoying to live with.
    Tyson (Tocantins) - I think he might do well this time, the guy is smart and i can't see him getting overly cocky (unlike in tocantins) considering some of the people he is up against.
    Russell (Samoa) - If someone from this series was going to be in the line up it had to be him.
    Rob (Marquesas/All Stars) - Great choice, i know he's been back twice already but the guy is great tv and will really put the cat amongst the pigeons imo. Can see him pulling off a few blindsides before being blindsided himself.
    Sandra (Pearl Islands) - Not sure what she's doing on this tribe but she's a good choice imo, you need to have a decent amount of winners there.
    Parvati (Cook Islands/Micronesia) - Considering she won last time i don't think, as much as i might want to, you can really complain about this choice.
    Danielle (Panama) - Two things incredible about this, the fact that she's on the show in the first place and that she's in the villians tribe. I remember that season clearly and i still couldn't tell you anything of note that she did.
    Jerri (Australia/All Stars) - The original female villian, even if she'd been on the show 3 times already you would have to include her in this.
    Courtney (China) - Not one of my favourites but still a good addition to the season imo.

My ideal cast even if it would never happen.....

Tom (Palau)
    Terry (Panama)
    Aras (Panama)
    Yul (Cook Islands)
    Rafe (Guatemala)
    Colleen (Borneo)
    Jenna M (Amazon)
    Candice (Cook Islands)
    Stephenie (Palau/Guatemala)
    (insert a female hero of your choice here)
    Randy (Gabon)
    Coach (Tocantins)
    Tyson (Tocantins)
    Russell (Samoa)
    Rob (Marquesas/All Stars)
    Sandra (Pearl Islands)
    Parvati (Cook Islands/Micronesia)
    Natalie (Micronesia)
    Jerri (Australia/All Stars)
    Courtney (China)

I would have Todd in there aswell but i can't quite choose which out of the first 3 male villians or Yul that he would replace.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact that Danielle got in and Natalie from FvF didn't is mind-boggling.

And what about Shane Powers - he deserved a 2nd chance
  • Options
    andrewpandrewp Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I'm the only one who wanted to see Danielle. Maybe it's just because I think she's hot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pm_01 wrote: »
    The fact that Danielle got in and Natalie from FvF didn't is mind-boggling.

And what about Shane Powers - he deserved a 2nd chance

Both Natalie and Shane were on the short-list and were interviewed. They didn't make the final cut, which as you say, is mind-boggling. There was also a rumour that Natalie was actually flown out to Samoa as an alternate, because they were worried Courtney wouldn't be able to take part due to health issues...but Courtney ended up been able to compete, so Natalie had to fly back home! I'd rather have Courtney than Natalie, but that's besides the point, Natalie could easily have taken Danielle's spot.

In fact Shane was very pissed off about been turned down (for the second time), he was also turned down at the last minute in Fans v Faves. He posted this angry message to CBS on his blog: http://www.shanepowers.com/2009/08/attn-someone.html