Shameless Series 10 Discussion Thread

boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,300
Forum Member
✭✭
So, it looks like tonight's episode is actually the start of Series 10 and not the second half of Series 9 as people had originally thought- Tina Malone mentioned it on This Morning. Looking forward to seeing what producers come up with for this run. It's fair to say that Series 9 was hit-and-miss, some absolute crackers- Kelly's drug induced meltdown and the blackout combined with some dire offerings- the eviction wars, Shane and Jackson selling knock-off fruit and veg etc.:yawn: Lets get discussing folks!:)

Comments

• Hayley_babyHayley_baby Posts: 15,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't wait! Frank with a job is gonna be hilarious :)
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From tonight's episode synopsis- Shane and Jackson launch a new enterprise of bootleg booze, but it's rank and nobody is buying their stuff. Billy offers to help and concocts a brew using his extraordinary sense of smell and amazingly it's a great success. But Shane is seriously hacked off. It's time to lay down the law...

Urgh, doesn't exactly instill me with a lot of hope for a decent offering. Jackson:yawn:, Billy:yawn:
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here we go...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tina malone on This morning today
    She didnt seem to have much to say on the new series.
    but series 11 has been confirmed already.
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting take on the Workfare model...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is dire.
  • Calibans DreamCalibans Dream Posts: 3,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is dire.

It's worse than that!

Is this what passes for Shameless these days? Black and white fantasy land pantomime stuff that just wastes time where a storyline used to go?

So all we have had so far it that the dole are trying to make Frank take a job and some of the lads are making hooch.

Is that it? We used to get a gripping and heartfelt story.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    This is dire.

Like you were seriously expecting it to be any good.
    'Been on the bones of it's ar$e' for years.
    Good thing I only looked at the thread instead of watching it, hoping for an upturn.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't understand why they're still dragging it out and ruining it. It's all a bit Rentaghost.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stunned theres no new people in there.
    jeepers its goto be the most deserted council estate out there.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,577
    Forum Member
    Loving Jamie in uniform, poor old Frank, how will he cope with conformity?
  • ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was BY FAR the worst episode of Shameless to date. Absolutely appalling. Shame what has happened to this show over the years. What the f*** have i just watched.

Will definitely not be tuning in again. Nail is in the coffin.
  • euphieeuphie Posts: 2,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's worse than that!

Is this what passes for Shameless these days? Black and white fantasy land pantomime stuff that just wastes time where a storyline used to go?

So all we have had so far it that the dole are trying to make Frank take a job and some of the lads are making hooch.

Is that it? We used to get a gripping and heartfelt story.

I used to love Shameless, but they really are flogging a dead horse now, and while Shameless was always a bit cringeworthy, this is cringeworthy for all the wrong reasons
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    What a load of shit :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it just seems series 9 was split into 10 also
    theres no way a 'new' series would return without at least one new family surely?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    euphie wrote: »
    I used to love Shameless, but they really are flogging a dead horse now, and while Shameless was always a bit cringeworthy, this is cringeworthy for all the wrong reasons
    agreed
  • loopilouloopilou Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say I was very dissapointed I mean what happened to Jamie's affair with what's her face who's name I can't remember that was promising !
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    moonburn wrote: »
    stunned theres no new people in there.
    jeepers its goto be the most deserted council estate out there.

This is just the second half of the last series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read in another thread that Tina Malone said they are already working on the NEXT series. When will this shit end? I wish they would stop now they have murdered this show slowly and painfully.

What even was tonights show cause it wasn't Shameless...
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was the Prison bits that annoyed me most. The odd little sketch at the start is ok, but it just went on and on.
  • Damon_JacksonDamon_Jackson Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Awful! Awful! Awful! :(
    LOVED Shameless when it started. It was fresh, cutting edge, and was actually a pretty real portrayal of life on an estate.
    Ever since Series 4 started though, it's just dragged on and the quality has gone steeply downhill.
    Tonight's episode was seriously the worst I've ever seen. As a massive Shameless fan, it needs axing asap. Truly disappointing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read in another thread that Tina Malone said they are already working on the NEXT series. When will this shit end? I wish they would stop now they have murdered this show slowly and painfully.

What even was tonights show cause it wasn't Shameless...

Think it can be saved.
    They need new families you would think the producers would realise being based on a council estate they need residents.LOTS of them.

Is it even possible to do hard hitting storylines anymore the ones that made the show so good.Losing Mickey was a massive blow it just seems soulless.
  • MobolocoMoboloco Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wow that was beyond terrible.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Threlfall said he'd stop playing Frank when the quality of the scripts dropped. That was years ago and he's still there. Must get paid a good salary.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frank lost so much of his family
    any major impact he had (just how poor a father he is.But Family members still loved and tried to look out for him) totally gone.

The way mimi's gone if they even tried making out various Gangs are scared stiff would just be insulting.Her marrying that young guy was the worse thing.Sadly it looks like the negatives are totally swamping anything positive.