Options

Favorite Sci-Fi or Fantasy Show?

2»

Comments

• Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Gillian Anderson can be her own choice, then I'll happily put that ahead of Buffy and The X Files :p:D

Haha :D:D. Big fan of hers, are we? :p

You should check out her latest work on the BBC's "The Fall" - a Belfest-set serial killer drama. She plays the detective investigating the murders. Quite jarring hearing her speak with an English accent at first. Decent show overall.
    That's of course if you haven't watched it already.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hot damn.....i have so many i'm not sure i can limit it to just one!!!

supernatural
    game of thrones
    merlin (still sobbing over the ending :()
    angel (not so much S4, due to the bad writing, crucifixion of cordelia's character and overall poor arc...but it did have some of my absolute standout fave eps of any show ever with the angelus episodes. and faith. always loved faith)
    buffy (early seasons)
    charmed (excluding from when kaley cuoco and co were added onwards. fave season being S6 with chris)
    smallville (had it's weak points, but on the whole i really really liked it. lana outstayed her welcome though)
    star trek TOS.
    dr. who (10 era, with some added 9 and some old school. ironically, my favourite episode had colin morgan as a guest star!! never watched 11 tbh)

i saw someone above mention pushing daisies.....HIGH FIVE TO YOU!!! i LOVED that show. it so wasn't given a true chance. cancelled far far far too soon :(

i don't know if it counts per say, but i'm going to include it anyway - chuck. great show. fantastic characters, original spins in writing and great wit, paired with both excellently choreographed action and an under-running emotional current.

(p.s. the fall is excellent!!! i'd highly reccommend it to anyone. instantly grippping and the acting from everyone is really top notch - as is the production and editing. the latter inparticular blew me away!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'd have to be between BSG, Farscape, Buffy or Firefly. I think Farscape would probably just beat the others, but by an incredibly small margin.

Red Dwarf deserves a mention too, as does The Almighty Johnsons, although I'm not sure if that counts as sci-fi/fantasy (I mean, what category do you put a New Zealand show about reincarnated Norse gods in?)