3D - Why no 3D Got to Dance Final????

Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
Forum Member
As per title

3D - Why no 3D Got to Dance Final????

I know Sky have abandoned 3D for Sports

but thought they would still do the Got to Dance final in 3D

Has there been any word from them as to why they have dropped this.

Or is there another deafening silence from Sky on their intent to show 3D.

They should either close the channel or do the opposite and support it.

Their half-assed approach is a terrible way to show any customer service.

Their coverage is normally all or nothing with regards to events
it seems that Sky is at the point that they have no direction or roadmap that can be seen from a consumer point if view.

Other broadcasters normally communicate they way they will approach and broadcast and the viewer can see what they are doing but the people at sky make it up as they go along.

Sky Believe in Shi... Better,... Yes better

nearly got the moto wrong there, or did I???

Comments

• chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    let's close it then shall we ?
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    Im struggling to see how anything the OP has said constitutes a constructive thread...?
    Unless im missing something here.......
  • Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    popeye13 wrote: »
    Im struggling to see how anything the OP has said constitutes a constructive thread...?

I asked a simple question about why there was no 3D coverage of the Got to Dance final when there was last year.

In my eyes that is constructive
    as many of the viewers from last year may have expected it again this year.

The rest you can but down to me having a rant I accept.

Have you never ranted Popeye
    or does all that spinach give you the power to stop yourself from giving your unedited opinion on forum sites.

I wish I had your restraint!!

My apologies.
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    popeye13 wrote: »

you're not missing anything
    Forum Member
    Dansky+HD wrote: »
    I asked a simple question about why there was no 3D coverage of the Got to Dance final when there was last year.

The rest you can but down to me having a rant I accept.

Have you never ranted Popeye
    or does all that spinach give you the power to stop yourself from giving your unedited opinion on forum sites.

I wish I had your restraint!!

My apologies.

Oh i rant, but i don't rant about the same thing on the same forum over and over again when ive been told the answers to my ranting questions.
    You know damn well why there is no 3D content coming from Sky-original shows and its because A) No one watches it and B) its too expensive to produce for some little viewing.
    So please Dan, PLEEAASSEE, take the hint. Its getting so very tiresome.
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, Sky should have 3 dedicated 3D channels, but as 1 show isn't in 3D, they should shut it down, so if 1 show makes that much difference to the 1 channel, how can you expect them to fill 2 other channels?
  • RacketRacket Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    The lack of complaints over the cutting of the hours of the 3D channel, less entertainment shows and the seemingly complete lack of any new sporting 3D coverage shows that Sky don't really have any call to communicate every decision over 3D to their customers, as they really don't care.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a future of 3D movies and the occasional entertainment show over the On Demand system, and pretty soon at that. Considering the number of complaints there would be if say Sky hadn't done any matches in the first 3 weeks of the football season in HD, a quiet slip into the background, when it never really moved anywhere near the foreground of anything importance, is suitable enough for Sky 3D. I say that as a person who has enjoyed the occasional 3D broadcast too.
  • DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3D is dead, not sure how many times people need to say it and how many threads you need to make talking about the lack of 3D before you realise this.
  • daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3D was just a fad to begun with the next big thing will be Ultra HD or 4K.
  • Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    daniel99 wrote: »
    3D was just a fad to begun with the next big thing will be Ultra HD or 4K.

Apparently 4K 3D (or 2 x 2K images) looks amazing and enhances 3D even more.

It is totally wrong to dismiss 3D as a fad or flavour of the month as 3D has lasted longer than any other.

It's history goes back over 50yrs.

The technological advances & it's default position in many TV's especially 4K give it it's chance to thrive more and more.

Many of the people who make comments on subjects such as these either haven't tried the tech or haven't given it more than 1 chance to impress.

The rest either have a problem with the poster so their default position is the opposite.

Either way they lead sad lives. I have the courage to give my own opinion consistently.

Thanks in advance to all the positive and honest posts and those that add to the discussion.

I say nothing to the posters who will undoubtedly be following my every move.

Gray man coming!!!
  • THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,447
    Forum Member

It is totally wrong to dismiss 3D as a fad or flavour of the month as 3D has lasted longer than any other.

The technological advances & it's default position in many TV's especially 4K give it it's chance to thrive more and more.

Many of the people who make comments on subjects such as these either haven't tried the tech or haven't given it more than 1 chance to impress.

The rest either have a problem with the poster so their default position is the opposite.

Either way they lead sad lives. I have the courage to give my own opinion consistently.

Thanks in advance to all the positive and honest posts and those that add to the discussion.

Gray man coming!!!
    We'll I've got a 3D TV and I've watched lots and lots of it over the last 4-5 years and I can tell you now it hasn't got a future. TV company's round Europe and the USA have stopped broadcasting 3D and Sky have greatly cut back their coverage and I can tell you like everyone else that 3D TV hasn't got a future.
    Ian.
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Gray man coming!!!

Grey*
  • missbtsportmissbtsport Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    remember Betamax it was better quality than VHS but how many people owned a Betamax recorder . I did but soon change it for VHS as this was the format that the majority chose
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Last year all the live shows were 3D. The year before it was just the final.

At least the Ryder Cup is in 3D again. A sport that really benefits from it.
    Forum Member
    derek500 wrote: »
    Last year all the live shows were 3D. The year before it was just the final.

At least the Ryder Cup is in 3D again. A sport that really benefits from it.

And that's only because its an available feed for Sky to use.
  • SteveMcKSteveMcK Posts: 5,457
    Forum Member

True. It's been tried 4 times so far, and it's failed 4 times so far. I've seen 3D films, I've watched some 3D programmes on my 3D TV, and my main conclusion is that it gets in the way. You're constantly watching for the 3D effect, rather than watching the programme.

UHD is likely to be the same, it will appeal to people who watch the TV, not to people who watch the programmes.
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SteveMcK wrote: »
    True. It's been tried 4 times so far, and it's failed 4 times so far. I've seen 3D films, I've watched some 3D programmes on my 3D TV, and my main conclusion is that it gets in the way. You're constantly watching for the 3D effect, rather than watching the programme.

UHD is likely to be the same, it will appeal to people who watch the TV, not to people who watch the programmes.

UHD isnt just about more pixels, its supposed to have higher frame rates too at least 100-120 Hz (when they can get a standard formed), I agree that if it didnt though it isnt likely to take off!
    Its also supposed to handle colour better but I dont know how much that would do?
    Forum Member
    SteveMcK wrote: »

No.
    UHD will not be like 3D at all in that respect.
    It will give greater detail ALL of the time, unlike 3D which is not constant 3D effects as you mentioned.