Artem and Natalie perfect score??

Comments

• Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was more American Smooth than VW so didn't deserves 10s IMO.
  • missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    Alli-F wrote: »
    Me too. I hate the VW it's so repetitive but Artem's VWs are exquisite, I don't care how much it has in hold I get carried away with the beauty of it all and the story he usually produces in a VW. Utterly, utterly mesmerising. ;)

I really enjoyed it but it was a Smooth not a VW. A VW should be repetitive (if that's what you mean about being in hold and maintaining rotation) - that's how you demonstrate the technique required. If the judges are going to criticize others (Iveta) for not doing the allocated discipline, then the same rules should apply to Artem. He gets away with murder week after week and there's a lot less excuse for him than others who don't have partners up to learning proper choreography.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amethyzt wrote: »
    I found it odd that Natalie was told she was magic when she hardly produced any Viennese Waltz in her routine and then Mark was told he didn't do enough Paso in his routine

Totally agree! I am baffled by the judges sometimes
  • boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed it but it was a Smooth not a VW. A VW should be repetitive (if that's what you mean about being in hold and maintaining rotation) - that's how you demonstrate the technique required. If the judges are going to criticize others (Iveta) for not doing the allocated discipline, then the same rules should apply to Artem. He gets away with murder week after week and there's a lot less excuse for him than others who don't have partners up to learning proper choreography.

agree - they were out of hold most of the time and didn't deserve any 10s
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me too. I hate the VW it's so repetitive but Artem's VWs are exquisite, I don't care how much it has in hold I get carried away with the beauty of it all and the story he usually produces in a VW. Utterly, utterly mesmerising. ;)

I love a proper VW, they are mesmerising and utterly beautiful :D
  • Spin turnSpin turn Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beautifully danced by Natalie, but not a VW. It was an AS VW. So I don't think it could have had a perfect score. Unlike some people, I think it is correct that the celeb is penalised for the pro's choreography. If you dance disallowed steps in a pro am comp you get disqualified and so docking a mark is actually quite lenient.
  • primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    it was a lovely dance, beautifully executed. i have noticed that although the judges comment briefly sometimes on adherence to style, they are less likely to deduct marks than they used to be a few years ago, so on performance they deserved their place at the top of the leaderboard, including some (but not all) 10s

although i have to say the dance i actually enjoyed the most was patrick's.
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    I love a proper VW, they are mesmerising and utterly beautiful :D

Don't remember a single one but still remember Artem & Holly's amazing lamppost VW. ;)

I don't tend to remember dances though, my mind wipes at the end of every series. ;):D
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artistic, yes, but not nearly enough Viennese Waltzing (I mean, there was barely ANY at all). Ergo not worthy of a 10 (but probably deserved to be top of the leaderboard given what all the other dances were like).

Natalie Lowe & Scott Maslen showed, on Halloween night, that a proper Viennese Waltz, whilst repetitive, needn't be boring. It can be utterly spellbinding. Artem had to rely on all the extra stuff to create the same magic. I don't think he's quite the master choreographer he's made out to be sometimes.
  • primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    I don't tend to remember dances though, my mind wipes at the end of every series. ;):D

me too. for the dances and the contestants. its probably for the best. imaging carrying most of that lot around in your memory for ever...:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was more American Smooth than VW so didn't deserves 10s IMO.

I agree!
  • flaviawowflaviawow Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    olivej wrote: »
    considering she only did a few bars of actually Viennese waltz I thought the 10's were generous

Beautiful - yes, absolutely
    A Viennese waltz - no, more like an American smooth, too much out of hold, I totally agreed with Len on this one

10's were more than generous considering that they did NOT dance a Viennese Waltz. American Smooth maybe but Viennese waltz - No Way.
    Therefore 10's should not have been given nor 9's as they were supposed to judge and mark a Viennese Waltz not anything else.:confused:
  • nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flaviawow wrote: »
    10's were more than generous considering that they did NOT dance a Viennese Waltz. American Smooth maybe but Viennese waltz - No Way.
    Therefore 10's should not have been given nor 9's as they were supposed to judge and mark a Viennese Waltz not anything else.:confused:

I would add to this that it still shouldn't have been a 10 even if it had been a VW AS - there were no lifts so it was lacking in content for an AS.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flaviawow wrote: »

erm, yep, that's basically what I said!! Not sure why you are quoting me when we are practically saying the same thing :confused:
  • lateonelateone Posts: 1,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    natalian wrote: »
    I would add to this that it still shouldn't have been a 10 even if it had been a VW AS - there were no lifts so it was lacking in content for an AS.

BIB Er......it wasn't a VW AS:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    Artistic, yes, but not nearly enough Viennese Waltzing (I mean, there was barely ANY at all). Ergo not worthy of a 10 (but probably deserved to be top of the leaderboard given what all the other dances were like).

Natalie Lowe & Scott Maslen showed, on Halloween night, that a proper Viennese Waltz, whilst repetitive, needn't be boring. It can be utterly spellbinding. Artem had to rely on all the extra stuff to create the same magic. I don't think he's quite the master choreographer he's made out to be sometimes.

Also the pro VW done in Blackpool a few series ago, utterly spellbinding
  • shuraloveshuralove Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    It was a beautiful dance, but, his VW with Kara was simply sublime. My favourite ever dance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMMS6AG5_e0
  • nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lateone wrote: »
    BIB Er......it wasn't a VW AS:confused:

Well, it certainly wasn't a VW as there was hardly any VW in it.

I was commenting as others have that it had the character of a VW based AS rather than a VW and hence not deserving of a 10 as a VW but I would go further and say it wouldn't be worthy of a 10 as a VW AS either.
  • mrsdidimrsdidi Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Certainly wasn't a Viennese waltz beautifully danced but not worth 10's. She is by far the best dancer but if I am being honest I don't enjoy watching her dances, yes she gets the steps right and yes she uses her acting skills to characterise them but there is just something missing for me
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was beautiful and beautifully danced.

I do think some of the pros, especially with the VW get a bit ansty about the viewers potentially finding it boring hence all the 'faffing about'. We've seen in the past that they've put lifts in where they're not meant to be and it seems like a calculated risk to lose a few judges marks in hope of getting the audience on side and being more memorable.
  • musicangelmusicangel Posts: 7,164
    Forum Member
    That was no were near a v waltz... Total farce it got 10s even artem questioned by len knew it!!
  • musicangelmusicangel Posts: 7,164
    Forum Member
    -Sid- wrote: »

totally agree sid ;) did I just say that ;):)
  • hannah_337hannah_337 Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This wasn't a Viennese waltz. No matter how beautiful (I tend to disagree on that anyway), about 60 -70 % was out of hold. There wasn't the rotation or much of the waltzing going around at all. It was more like a show dance, minus the lifts. Not happy.
  • RhythmIsADancerRhythmIsADancer Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    I'm a huge fan of Natalie and Artem, and did enjoy their dance, but it was missing the 'wow' factor that Kara and Artem had.

I think it deserved to top the leaderboard, with at least the first 10 of the current series, but I'd hoped for more.

Anyone else notice how 'careful' Artem is around Natalie? I hope that's a good sign for him and Kara (who looked really good in the audience tonight).
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't a Viennese waltz.