TV stand assembly

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,070
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Wondering if anyone has experience of assembling a stand like this, please? Was it easy to assemble by yourself? There are no tools required, but the instructions did mention that it would be "useful" to have a second person to help. Unfortunately there's nobody around until the weekend and i'd rather now wait!

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Search/searchTerms/1073005.htm

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    They are a doddle. It's just a threaded screw in the supports which go through a hole in the glass and then you tighten by hand.

They only tell you to get a hand as it absolves them of any responsibility when you go it alone and sever your jugular as a sheet of glass shatters as you are trying to balance it.
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I assembled my neighbours glass TV unit, and the only reason it mentions 2 people is due to the weight of the glass. Other than that, it was very easy to do.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought one of those about 3 or 4 years ago from Argos and it's still in it's box.........I just plonked my new telly on a little table as a temp measure until I got round to building the stand.........but I never did........:cry:
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,506
    Forum Member
    I've assembled many hundreds of similar stands, they are pretty trivial - and as others have suggested, a second person is only a help due to the weight and size of some stands.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, i will give it a go and protect my jugular!