Fleetwood Mac - £125 per ticket plus booking fee. Recession? What recession?

konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
Forum Member
Just got quoted £272.50 for 2 tickets in Block 3 Row Q for their show at the LG Arena :eek:. I mean, what actually gives here??

Comments

• Madonna38Madonna38 Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just got brilliant seats at NEC for 80 odd quid each. Excited just doesn't describe how I feel right now.
  • tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Greed, pure and simple.
    Last big pension boost for band.
    I like Fleetwood Mac, haven't seen them live but simply wouldn't pay that kind of money to see anyone.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Madonna38 wrote: »
    I just got brilliant seats at NEC for 80 odd quid each. Excited just doesn't describe how I feel right now.

£89.25 each :D What block and row are you in? All the £89.25 tickets I looked at were awful. :(
  • gasheadgashead Posts: 13,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blame the Rolling Stones (possibly). I think they've set a new benchmark for what people are willing to pay to see a huge artist in a huge venue. Anyone planning on seeing Beyonce better get their loan applications in.
  • JohnnyForgetJohnnyForget Posts: 24,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I certainly wouldn't pay that amount to see this line-up of the band, but I'd pay double that sum to see a re-formed Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac.
  • Madonna38Madonna38 Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    £89.25 each :D What block and row are you in? All the £89.25 tickets I looked at were awful. :(

That's the one yes. I didn't even look at the price it took six attempts to get anything. So I took what I could get ha. Block D floor seats at the NEC. You get a pretty good view no matter where you are in the venue. So i'm happy. :D
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got quoted £272.50 for 2 tickets in Block 3 Row Q for their show at the LG Arena :eek:. I mean, what actually gives here??
    With a bit of judicious shopping around, I reckon for £272.50 you could buy the entire Fleetwood Mac back-catalogue on CD (17 studio & 4 live albums + 4 live DVDs), and still have enough change to buy a decent takeaway and a bottle of wine... I know what I'd do! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Utter greed - pure and simple.

Shameful
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they can sell out venues at this price, they will.

I remember a friend of mine paying a lot more to see Barbara Striesand a few years ago, so this is not something new or unique to rock bands.
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got a pre-sale link which doesn't appear to be working,it goes to a page saying 'configuration error' and that the transaction server is not responding.
  • BatmanLaBatmanBatmanLaBatman Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Overpriced
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    I was more than happy with my Block 14 seats at £90. I have sat in 'worse' blocks in the LG and had a good view, so I am not going to moan about having the 'lower' price seats. I originally found some really good £138 ones, but seriously, for the sacrifice of being that little bit further away I can go and see a whole other show at the theatre.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I honestly would struggle to pay £50+ to see anyone, even if it was one of my favourite singers/bands so yeah i feel for anyone paying those ridiculous prices.

One word - greed!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When O2 did the presale on Wednesday I could only get the £50 seats, which I don't mind, as I have sat all over the place in the O2 Arena and had a good view. But what I did object to was the £35 in handling and booking fees!!!

Still, I'm mega excited for the concert. :D
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Didn't manage to get any for Manchester, I tried several times :(
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »

They usually release lots more tickets a week before the show. When they put the stage up they usually realise they can cram more people in and more tickets go on sale. I've got great seats before by waiting a week before the show
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    BadKid95 wrote: »

Me too :cry:

Overpriced they may be, but people still pay silly amounts to see them. They're a fantastic group but I personally cannot justify paying out £100 or more to see ANY band or artist
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think these prices are pretty standard now for all 'legend' acts.
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have now got a ticket,but what I want to know is how Ticketmaster are allowed to completely screw over the punters with these so-called 'platinum' seats. It claims they are being sold at prices which are market-driven and offer the best views in the house. They're generally sold in pairs so you're forced to buy a minimum of two. Examples of those currently listed for the o2:

Block A3 row B seats 51/52 £590-remember that's £590 per ticket
    Block 101 row M 32-33 £415
    Block 111 row C 323-324 £385.

I had windows open on Ticketmaster,Stargreen and See,and at one point See was offering Block A1 row Q at the £125 face value,although when I tried to purchase it it rashed with an error message. So See can offer floor seats at the face value (for the purpose of this post disregard your personal view on whether you think the prices are too high),but Ticketmaster want over three times as much for some seats on the side tiers by classing them as 'platinum'. When you read of investigations into ticket prices it's generally Viagogo,Seastwave or Get Me In they focus on (ok,I know Get Me In are run by Ticketmaster),but you never hear about this 'platinum' rip-off,and it's time it was stopped.
  • Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Horton wrote: »
    When O2 did the presale on Wednesday I could only get the £50 seats, which I don't mind, as I have sat all over the place in the O2 Arena and had a good view. But what I did object to was the £35 in handling and booking fees!!!

Still, I'm mega excited for the concert. :D

Whaaaaaaaat?!!!!!!
  • tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone start a campaign for fair ticket pricing.
    It's up to the public to tell these greedy feckers they are taking the piss.

German football fans walked out of a game recently en masse in protest at a ticket price rise.

Hit them in their pockets by not going.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 430
    Forum Member
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    I had windows open on Ticketmaster,Stargreen and See,and at one point See was offering Block A1 row Q at the £125 face value,although when I tried to purchase it it rashed with an error message.

Sorry, I may have taken them - I've got two in Block A1, Row Q, from See. My bad!

I think the Platinum Tickets thing is an absolute rip-off, but the question is really who is at fault - Ticketmaster for offering them, or people for paying them. Those particular tickets are there for fans who have and want to pay that kind of money. They probably have all the band members tatooed somewhere on their person, stalk them - that kind of thing. Without knowing exactly how they determine "market forces", it's hard to criticise. If people are REALLY willing to pay that much (are they driven by some sort of 'auction' style piece, I don't know), then I can't fault Ticketmaster. If they're fixing the price that high, then it's despicable.

As for the baseline prices, I recognise that the prices aren't cheap, but I'm willing to pay top rate and so are a lot of other people. I think the issue isn't necessarily the price of the highest seats, but rather the high level of the lowest priced seats.
  • imarshimarsh Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    Simple market forces, i.e supply and demand. If folk want to go and are willing to pay these prices then you can't really blame the band.

However, wait and see what the touts and rip-off merchants such as GetMeIn and Viagogo are charging nearer the time. It's these organsiations that are the real problem with ticket prices.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Yes, I suspect many of these tickets have been gobbled up by touts. Now we can just hope the band release several more dates to dilute the unofficial market prices. 3 cities is hardly what you would call a UK tour, is it?
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,985
    Forum Member
    Yes, I suspect many of these tickets have been gobbled up by touts. Now we can just hope the band release several more dates to dilute the unofficial market prices. 3 cities is hardly what you would call a UK tour, is it?

I'm not a massive fan, but 3 cities?! That's a small stop-over, not a tour!