Vampire Diaries - Anyone else getting bored of it?

12345679»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    I'm also not loving TVD as much as I used to though I have quite enjoyed the last few episodes from E18-21 and didn't mind the start of S4 too. I haven't really enjoyed S4 overall at all. I used to have to watch the episodes live at 1am but now I'm not so bothered. The sirebond and no humanity stuff turned me off the show.

I'm not a fan of Damon & Elena as a couple. But didn't mind scenes with them from S1-3 and I can see why people do like them but I much prefer Stefan & Elena as a couple. I didn't mind them as friends at times I liked the dance scene in S1, the roadtrips and when they thought Damon was dying in S2 it was sweet her being there for him.. though they've both also done things that could make me never ship them as anything more than friends like Damon snapping Jeremy's neck, forcing the blood down her throat and saying she doesn't get to make decisions anymore and that he would break her arm if he didn't come with her etc. He said he couldn't be selfish with her but more often than not he is selfish with her. When he forced the blood down her throat it was because HE couldn't live without her. Plus there are so many Stelena scenes that give me way more feels than any Delena ones have. But the whole triangle thing is dragging so much it's getting so boring now.

I really liked The Originals episode apart from not being so sure on the whole baby thing. But I really liked the new characters so will be watching the spin off. Plus I like Elijah so it's good to see more of him. I want more Katherine & Elijah though. I'd love Katherine to be in the spin off but since Nina plays them both.
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    Frankee wrote: »
    I really liked The Originals episode apart from not being so sure on the whole baby thing. But I really liked the new characters so will be watching the spin off. Plus I like Elijah so it's good to see more of him. I want more Katherine & Elijah though. I'd love Katherine to be in the spin off but since Nina plays them both.

I can't see The Originals doing anything, because Klaus is such a dreary character (although he does seem to be going through a baffling character change).

Elijah is compelling, but we never see too much of him, and for the Originals, that was a good thing in TVD.
  • daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karis wrote: »
    It's so different in the novels, so here's what happens...

It really is VERY different:
    Elena dies by sacrificing herself and returns as some kind of angel with super powers... Will that happen in the show? Well, it'd be a nice character change for Elena, but I reckon it's more likely she'll take the cure (although they do like those surprise plot twists).

Either way, I can't see Elena being around as a vampire next season. She'll probably croak it at the end of this one to pave the way for them all to come back as mortal next season.

I don't know how they justify the show being called Vampire Diaries as it bears so few similarities to the books.

The Vampire Diaries came about because a tv production company were looking for a teen show about vampires. They got L.J.Smith to write 4 books (which she didn't own the rights to- bad deal for her). The books were fairly popular but the idea for the tv show didn't go well, so they left it. They still owned all the material though.

Then vampires became very popular again so they commissioned the show and here we are. Along the way, LJSmith was asked to write more books so they would have more material. The production company were very unhappy with the way LJ wanted the series to go, so they got rid of her (as was within their power as they owned everything including the right to use her name). All the more recent books have been written under her name by other writers.

LJ Smith says that it was because she wanted to basically sideline Stefan and make it all about Damon and Elena, whereas the Tv company wanted all three still in the mix, with a leaning towards Stefan and Elena.

To be honest, I don't think the tv guys will follow the books much at all anymore. They're probably wise as the books are not very good. True Blood have done the same- moved away from the utter trash, awful stories in the books that inspired the series. They just take the themes, character names and some of the big plot points and then take it their own way.
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    To be honest, I don't think the tv guys will follow the books much at all anymore. They're probably wise as the books are not very good. True Blood have done the same- moved away from the utter trash, awful stories in the books that inspired the series. They just take the themes, character names and some of the big plot points and then take it their own way.

This is all terribly true and it's a damn good thing as the books are just such utter nonsense.

We can be grateful for that!
  • ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of Damon & Elena as a couple. But didn't mind scenes with them from S1-3 and I can see why people do like them but I much prefer Stefan & Elena as a couple. I didn't mind them as friends at times I liked the dance scene in S1, the roadtrips and when they thought Damon was dying in S2 it was sweet her being there for him.. though they've both also done things that could make me never ship them as anything more than friends like Damon snapping Jeremy's neck, forcing the blood down her throat and saying she doesn't get to make decisions anymore and that he would break her arm if he didn't come with her etc. He said he couldn't be selfish with her but more often than not he is selfish with her. When he forced the blood down her throat it was because HE couldn't live without her. Plus there are so many Stelena scenes that give me way more feels than any Delena ones have. But the whole triangle thing is dragging so much it's getting so boring now.

This was exactly what I thought about Damon and Elena. There was always the will they won't they and they ruined that by making them be together. The dance scene from S1 is my favourite scene ever from a TV show, closely followed by Elena walking into the ball at the Mikaelson mansion! The one part I've hated is Elena becoming a vampire and the sire bond and how the originals have slowly taken over the show. That's what made me switch off and I still haven't watched in a long time!

It's disappointing because I really loved the show, especially the first two series' then when it just got overran with immortals it went rubbish IMO. If I could ever sense they were going back to basics with more Matt, Elena being human, focusing less on the supernatural and more on the teen drama that made the show so good in the first place I'd start watching again
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen the final - its really really good!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    This was exactly what I thought about Damon and Elena. There was always the will they won't they and they ruined that by making them be together. The dance scene from S1 is my favourite scene ever from a TV show, closely followed by Elena walking into the ball at the Mikaelson mansion! The one part I've hated is Elena becoming a vampire and the sire bond and how the originals have slowly taken over the show. That's what made me switch off and I still haven't watched in a long time!

It's disappointing because I really loved the show, especially the first two series' then when it just got overran with immortals it went rubbish IMO. If I could ever sense they were going back to basics with more Matt, Elena being human, focusing less on the supernatural and more on the teen drama that made the show so good in the first place I'd start watching again

I agree when I first started watching the show. I remember I caught up on the last few episodes of S1 the day before S2 started and since then I've always watched the episodes straight away.

But I remember at the time of S1 quite liking Damon & Elena and the dance they had but being torn cause I liked Stefan & Elena too and I still love their love scene from episode 10 it's one of my favourites. But then at the start of S2 when Damon snapped Jeremy's neck I was put off. I know lots of people like a love/hate relationship and the tension. But I agree with you and I've seen others saying the same they were better when they weren't actually a couple than they are now they've got together. Also in S2 I was actually torn between liking Stefan better with Elena or with Katherine but then in S3 I was firmly Stelena cause of how hard Stefan fought not to be compelled by Klaus in episode 5 in the gym. That has got to be one of my favourite episodes.

In S3 with Stefan & Elena I liked the tension between them more when they were apart when she finds him in Chicago in the closet scene when he catches her then gets staked and at the ball scene I also love that whole scene with 'Give Me Love' playing it's one of my favourites.

I loved S1-3. But I wasn't keen on S4 overall but I did like some episodes. I'll be interested in seeing what will happen in S5 though.
  • ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree when I first started watching the show. I remember I caught up on the last few episodes of S1 the day before S2 started and since then I've always watched the episodes straight away.

But I remember at the time of S1 quite liking Damon & Elena and the dance they had but being torn cause I liked Stefan & Elena too and I still love their love scene from episode 10 it's one of my favourites. But then at the start of S2 when Damon snapped Jeremy's neck I was put off. I know lots of people like a love/hate relationship and the tension. But I agree with you and I've seen others saying the same they were better when they weren't actually a couple than they are now they've got together. Also in S2 I was actually torn between liking Stefan better with Elena or with Katherine but then in S3 I was firmly Stelena cause of how hard Stefan fought not to be compelled by Klaus in episode 5 in the gym. That has got to be one of my favourite episodes.

In S3 with Stefan & Elena I liked the tension between them more when they were apart when she finds him in Chicago in the closet scene when he catches her then gets staked and at the ball scene I also love that whole scene with 'Give Me Love' playing it's one of my favourites.

I loved S1-3. But I wasn't keen on S4 overall but I did like some episodes. I'll be interested in seeing what will happen in S5 though.

I could go over tens of scenes in my head that at the time made me think 'wow, Damon and Elena really should be together' but I always knew that Stefan is the one she's supposed to be with, he brings out her natural and human personality and Damon is the typical bad boy bringing out the worst in her.

What I'll probably do is buy season 4 on DVD, wait until I'm not feeling well then watch them all in one go, trying to cling onto the hope it's not a supernatural ridden town by start of series 5!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    I'm not bored of it, some of the storylines haven't been as strong in season 4 but its still capable of being amazing, people get bored too easily, they expect a show to have the same level of consistency season after season when of course there will be dips along the way!
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    Im shocked by the comments here iv just watched s4 back to back over a week and iv loved it it was much better than s3 for me.

The show is crazy fast with its plots but imo its been like that since s2

Silas was a great villian and the finale was great ill watch s5 over a week this time next year its how i watched every other season of this show
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,427
    Forum Member
    Glad i'm not the only one that wasn't a fan of this season, seems like pretty much everyone feels the same. It was definitely the weakest season, i think the thing i hated the most was the whole humanity thing with Elena, it just made her so unlikeable and was horrible to watch.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, i think this season really missed the presence of other characters (ALARIC, Jenna, Tyler etc.)
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 5 trailer- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCfXXNfPTxw (final 40 seconds is new footage.)