The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• jackyo55jackyo55 Posts: 19,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deeferone wrote: »
    Again an apology does not erase the original thought

maybe not but an opology was made and you failed to say so when refering to the post which was not telling the whole story on this post and people objected at the time
  • georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Yes that's true :) Apologies from some people are accepted I believe ;)

and second hand ones at that ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    jackyo55 wrote: »
    maybe not but an opology was made and you failed to say so when refering to the post which was not telling the whole story on this post and people objected at the time

Well, thank you for that Jacky - should we move on - we have been off topic for quite some time now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well maybe something like the following remarks:-

"Who ever Bertha is, Nasty Nicola is loving her work today! She's taking loys forever out like a pro sniper, it's like shooting fish in a barrel! Long as she doesn't take it too far with JJJ she is a friend of mine!!"

Which I read previously on DS somewhere

Yes that was me on digital spy, I am sorry you don't get my sense of humour, sometimes it does border on the dark side but to me Bertha is harmless, she doesn't tweet hate to JJJ and just makes fun out of an admittedly ridiculous situation, I won't apologise for finding her funny. A sense of humour goes a long way people :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    Hello People,

I thought I would stop by and extend the already open invitation to join the JJJAT UNCENSORED group, seem as it is a subject in discussion today.

The group is located at:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/288274851247715/

Anybody is welcome to join but as with any system with free speech there are limits and if a member becomes aggressive or overtly rude then we will run a poll as to whether the member should be removed from the group with a majority vote deciding the outcome. With rights come responsibilities and in the case of JJJAT UNCENSORED, your responsibility is to respect other members and if a member fails in that endeavour they will be removed.

There seems to be some confusion surrounding the fact that we are uncensored yet the group is closed. Within the group, you are uncensored, just as within england you can say what you like (within the constraints of the law) but if you went on holiday to Syria those rules won't apply to you. So I see no issue with the fact that members are uncensored but the group is closed. However we also have a freedom of information policy because anyone is welcome to join the group and look at our uncensored words. Ultimately the reason the group is closed is so that our friends and family don't become concerned with that fact that we are a) bb fans b) fans of bb housemates and c) fans of a bb couple. I think that is fair enough, we are all allowed our secrets and free speech doesn't mean you have to disclose everything you say to everybody else, it means if you want to speak freely here, then fine go ahead! I personally think it's the opposite of free speech to have to declare yourself to everybody all the time.

:D:D:D

Thanks for the link, i think lol

BIB :D

I think what you're talking about is a form of self-censorship
  • jackyo55jackyo55 Posts: 19,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

why did'nt i think of putting it that way, oh well thats me and my 1 brain cell and yes you are correct :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Call it what you like, I don't want people to know everything I do and that is my right.
    Forum Member
    Yes that was me on digital spy, I am sorry you don't get my sense of humour, sometimes it does border on the dark side but to me Bertha is harmless, she doesn't tweet hate to JJJ and just makes fun out of an admittedly ridiculous situation, I won't apologise for finding her funny. A sense of humour goes a long way people :rolleyes:

To quote DS mods after some other posts on the qwerty app thread:-

It's not called 'having a sense of humour' - it's called being offensive and doing so will cause upset.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To quote DS mods after some other posts on the qwerty app thread:-

It's not called 'having a sense of humour' - it's called being offensive and doing so will cause upset.

Well all I can say to that is A) That is your opinion and B) My post was not removed and digital spy did not say that to me, so perhaps quote their words in a more relevant way in future. To quote A Henry Ward Beecher ' A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.'
    Forum Member
    Well all I can say to that is A) That is your opinion and B) My post was not removed and digital spy did not say that to me, so perhaps quote their words in a more relevant way in future. To quote A Henry Ward Beecher ' A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.'

Right - moving on - thanks for the discussion.
    Forum Member
    Call it what you like, I don't want people to know everything I do and that is my right.

i wasn't being ars*y, just explaining what it is, it's not something i have a problem with

poached from collins: self-censorship is the regulation of a group's actions and statements by its own members rather than an external agency
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,686
    Forum Member
    i do object to the
    BIB
    so perhaps you have selective blindness on this as well
    never josie supporters
    or
    what about josie herself :confused:

Sorry , it was wrong of me to just say JJAt , it does of course include in the past Jat people aswell. Josie did call us weirdos and nutters true, and this was discussed at the time. She also apologised for said comments.
    However, although it wasn't right, I can see Josie's point of view. It must be weird to think that people do still discuss a relationship that has been dead a year. LOL You see I am self aware enough to realise it is pretty strange,however I do think we are harmless on the whole and I know many of us would never tweet our thoughts to either,:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i wasn't being ars*y, just explaining what it is, it's not something i have a problem with

poached from collins: self-censorship is the regulation of a group's actions and statements by its own members rather than an external agency

Sorry Johnathan, perhaps I was being a tad defensive. I bid the JJAT farewell and I shall return to the dark side! :eek:
    Forum Member
    Sorry Johnathan, perhaps I was being a tad defensive. I bid the JJAT farewell and I shall return to the dark side! :eek:

No bother
    Forum Member
    Longleat was great Nyannie (and others :D)

Very warm and sunny; about 4:30 though big black clouds arrived, the temp went down about 10 degrees and we got soaked and froze :D Luckily most of the day was fine and we saw all the animals and managed all of the rides :)

Enjoyed the monkeys as always; I always make sure I fill up my windscreen washer before I go, to squirt them if they start dismantling my car :D

like the Omen, not sure i’d be into that lol

I went to Kenya a few years ago and did a touristy safari trip where you’re miles away from every animal but there were a few baboons that got a bit close, freaked me right out
    Forum Member
    gussiecat wrote: »
    Sorry , it was wrong of me to just say JJAt , it does of course include in the past Jat people aswell. Josie did call us weirdos and nutters true, and this was discussed at the time. She also apologised for said comments.
    However, although it wasn't right, I can see Josie's point of view. It must be weird to think that people do still discuss a relationship that has been dead a year. LOL You see I am self aware enough to realise it is pretty strange,however I do think we are harmless on the whole and I know many of us would never tweet our thoughts to either,:)

Well thank you for that

but i also didn't see an apology from Josie
    i saw a sort of second handed one
    that a friend said, she said
    that then got past on to the jjjat

if she was rude about the jjjat on twitter
    perhaps thats
    where she should of apologized
    don't you think ?

after all they are supporters of hers and johns :)
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I went to Kenya a few years ago and did a touristy safari trip where you’re miles away from every animal but there were a few baboons that got a bit close, freaked me right out

Made a bit of an arse of yourself did you? :D;)
  • bbloverbblover Posts: 41,663
    Forum Member
    AlexBB3 wrote: »
    Interesting to observe our neighbours confirming their historic preference for Josie by merging with Muckers Forever on facebook (The presence of a couple of "loyettes" doesn't disguise the overall effect)

I guess it makes sense if you're a reuniter but, for those who are John-only fans here and on LoysF it makes none at all as John's life and future is entirely separate from Josie's.

Meanwhile I see both John and Josie's timelines have been disfigured by abusive eggs again this evening. The new FB group has even invited an egg to join them, so I assume that group approves of it all. :

Who cares Alex?Don't you think this situation is beyond ridiculous now?
    AlexBB3 wrote: »
    I watched the John/Kenzie programme the other day. 2 things struck me:

1. How thin John really was then, doing his weight-training. No wonder Jose called him "the Bone".

2. He said he lost a stone in weight in the BB house. Bet not many BB HMs can say that!

Bringing this up-to-date though, had to smile at Sam Pepper's recent tweet about steroids having worked for John!

Lol,remember the hilarious comments on the JJJAT that day,it was fun.

He did lose weight,also Dave,while Mario gained some lol.
    thanks so your lindy loue ?

Hello there,welcome on board.
    the group is for anybody that wishes to join be it a supporter of john or josie or both, and is exactly what it say's jjjat uncensored, and anybody is free to join and as it seems you have'nt applied to join as yet im sure that if you did you would be made to feel as welcome as anyone else. and just as an aside both supporters of either just john or josie are finding it a very nice place to be

Thanks,but i'll pass:p
    PICKLES60 wrote: »
    Yes all are welcome some have joined to be nosy on both sides but one major loyette has joined and tbh she is a godsend as she has all the major clips we like to watch saved. In a way the JJJ story is now like an old film you like to rewatch and it's good to get those clips into one place before they disappear. I can understand John only fans having no interest though but we do have some lovely photos and clips of John with and without Josie. The BB experience is nice to look back at that's all.

That's nicely put.
    so true I enjoy reminiscing about BB11 too I tend to forget some really funny moments, like the watermelon - still a classic

Lmao,there were some hysterical moments during BB11.
    Longleat was great Nyannie (and others

Very warm and sunny; about 4:30 though big black clouds arrived, the temp went down about 10 degrees and we got soaked and froze Luckily most of the day was fine and we saw all the animals and managed all of the rides

Enjoyed the monkeys as always; I always make sure I fill up my windscreen washer before I go, to squirt them if they start dismantling my car

Clever tip!Glad you both enjoyed yourselves,even the weather was shitty.
    Bertha is a tweeter called JJJ_Committed. The minute Josie tweeted the other week about counting your losses, she assumed Josie and Luke had split and was gloating.

She tweets John as if she thinks he's coming back here to reunite with Josie, and is obviously just plain bonkers. She tweets about the JJJ reconciliation as if she's not been following John and Josie's progress over the last year. Completely mad!

She's also going on about the loys Fb page in a pretty nasty way - being nasty about loys being nasty It's believed she was in loys herself as she came about just after the cull.

Another one taking the piss,like the drama,and the attention it's get lol
    Khyra wrote: »
    Could it be possible it is some-one on a wind up?

Very possible,probably bored as well pfft.
    It could be I suppose... who would that be aimed at... the loys she's being nasty about or John and Josie who she's being ridiculous about? She seems to enjoy her arguments on twitter with everybody lol

If those eggs didn't get any attention,they'll give up after a few days,but...
    i agree with you, and to be honest i think its quite obvious it is and i have to be honest and admitt i find her hilarious,people feel free to shoot me down for it and before anybody ask the question no i do not think bullying or nastiness to people is exceptable in any shape or form, but i think this account is to be taken as a bit of a comedy sketch in my opinion and that is the form i choose to see it in

But would you still find it funny,has this egg been "nasty" about the JJJAT?
    Khyra wrote: »
    I guess it would be aimed at all of us.

Tbh I open an account about a month back but have no clue how this Twitter thing works I can’t even get a picture to upload. ::

We have so many helpful peeps on here,if i can do it,so you can!:)

Not sure you'll be saying this,has the digs been about JJJAT,and their members.:)

Hate baboons,with their pink arse:eek:

Liked the Omen,scarily good movie.:D
    Forum Member

Enjoy your group muddy. We have all posted things we regret and didnt quite mean in the way it came across, I know I have. We cannot always be PC all the time, and we should all be able to forgive and forget and move forward, so I will take my own advice and wish you and the group well xx
    Forum Member

you were lucky
    In south Africa, staying at a friends lodge, had a Elephant walking around the cabins :eek:

did you enjoy the safari
    i loved it :D
    What else did you see :p
    Forum Member
    Made a bit of an arse of yourself did you? :D;)

that gave me a fit of the giggles :D
  • Lena JLena J Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all my fellow JJaters, how are we all this fine sunny evening?:)

Pleased to hear you and Laura had a good day out yesterday muggins. Love the idea of you sitting there squirting the monkeys that take a little too much interest in your windscreen wipers, lol.

Pleased to hear your home from hospital appt nyannie, more tests you poor thing. How was Selfridges??

Well, I ordered The Help and Dark Fire from amazon (along with a few other things);):D and The Help is on it's way, but my used copy of Dark Fire it seems is not going to arrive anytime soon (a problem with supply apparently) so I've cancelled and shall look again in a few days time. Looking forward to reading The Help.:)
    Forum Member
    bblover wrote: »
    Who cares Alex?Don't you think this situation is beyond ridiculous now?

Lol,remember the hilarious comments on the JJJAT that day,it was fun.

He did lose weight,also Dave,while Mario gained some lol.

Hello there,welcome on board.

Thanks,but i'll pass:p

That's nicely put.

Lmao,there were some hysterical moments during BB11.

Clever tip!Glad you both enjoyed yourselves,even the weather was shitty.

Another one taking the piss,like the drama,and the attention it's get lol

Very possible,probably bored as well pfft.

If those eggs didn't get any attention,they'll give up after a few days,but...

But would you still find it funny,has this egg been "nasty" about the JJJAT?

We have so many helpful peeps on here,if i can do it,so you can!:)

Not sure you'll be saying this,has the digs been about JJJAT,and their members.:)

Hate baboons,with their pink arse:eek:

Liked the Omen,scarily good movie.:D

Good god bblover
    what a multi quote that was
    and not one of my posts
    was worthy of one :D
    Forum Member
    Lena J wrote: »
    Hi all my fellow JJaters, how are we all this fine sunny evening?:)

Pleased to hear you and Laura had a good day out yesterday muggins. Love the idea of you sitting there squirting the monkeys that take a little too much interest in your windscreen wipers, lol.

Pleased to hear your home from hospital appt nyannie, more tests you poor thing. How was Selfridges??

Well, I ordered The Help and Dark Fire from amazon (along with a few other things);):D and The Help is on it's way, but my used copy of Dark Fire it seems is not going to arrive anytime soon (a problem with supply apparently) so I've cancelled and shall look again in a few days time. Looking forward to reading The Help.:)

Someone suggested The Help,the movie,was nominated for a few Oscars this year:)
    Forum Member
    Good god bblover
    what a multi quote that was
    and not one of my posts
    was worthy of one :D

Sorry,had to delete some posts,otherwise it won't let me post:oAnd i believe your posts might have been among those i had to delete:o:D

But you know i still love you:D
This discussion has been closed.