American Idol Results Show - Ch 5* - Friday 29th March (UK time - no spoilers pls)

2»

Comments

• allthatyouwantallthatyouwant Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really shocked that Lazaro got through, his attitude when the judges were giving him feedback was appalling! I think it's gonna be a Kree/Candice/Janelle top three but knowing the American public it'll probaby be Burnell even though the girls are a million times more talented.

BTW who is this Jimmy guy? I love his straight down the line no nonsense feedback, we need him on The X Factor!!

Does anyone know how well this is doing in the ratings in the UK? Maybe Channel 5 should bring Pop Idol back, that would be awesome!
  • FreddiePFreddieP Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know if the Thurs/Friday programmes are repeated?

When it was on ITV2 you knew it was going to be repeated at some point, but I can't find anything on 5.

Thanks!
  • FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can only see the judges using the save on Angie, Kree, Candice or Amber, depending on who's eliminated first out of the 4 of them. They wouldn't use it on Lazaro, and probably wouldn't use it on Janelle, but I guess there's a possibility it could be used on Burnell if he goes next week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    I can only see the judges using the save on Angie, Kree, Candice or Amber, depending on who's eliminated first out of the 4 of them. They wouldn't use it on Lazaro, and probably wouldn't use it on Janelle, but I guess there's a possibility it could be used on Burnell if he goes next week.

Agreed. I think your right about Burnell, he might get the save, if only for the reason to keep the gender balance a little longer!!
  • clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    Missed tonight's show. Gutted Devin went out and, as you say, before Lazaro, who is clearly getting by on factors other than singing ability. I would rather have lost some of the girls before Devin too. What was his save-me song?

don't know what song it was, but it was the one where he sang in Spanish for the first time (it ended with something like 'its impossible')

classic rock theme next week apparently.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    Missed tonight's show. Gutted Devin went out and, as you say, before Lazaro, who is clearly getting by on factors other than singing ability. I would rather have lost some of the girls before Devin too. What was his save-me song?

I liked Devin too. I had the feeling that Nicki was the judge holding out on the save. The Save Me song was It's Impossible (original by Andy Williams) It's a shame he didn't get the latin vote. His voice had an old fashioned charm about it in the same vein as Andy Williams.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,643
    Forum Member
    Thanks, clarky and RS! I'm sorry I missed that. I really liked it when he sang it before, and I don't normally like that song much.
  • David JamesDavid James Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    Up to this year its only needed 3 judges to be unanimous to issue a save, far more difficult to get 4 judges unanimous, especially with one being an independent mind like Minaj.