Options

n95 for free?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
Forum Member
I am currently waiting to upgrade to an n95. Any ideas as to when the handset will become free on contract?

Comments

• Options
    RicardodaforceRicardodaforce Posts: 8,576
    Forum Member
    I am currently waiting to upgrade to an n95. Any ideas as to when the handset will become free on contract?

Already is. You can get it on Orange free, it's just not publicized.
  • Options
    prkingprking Posts: 9,794
    Forum Member
    Nothing is ever free, if you don't want to pay anything for it you will have to either pay more line rental a month or have signed up for a gold/premium upgrade scheme.
  • Options
    TalizmanTalizman Posts: 2,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When you upgrade make sure you ask for the Flext50 tariff, it's free on that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talizman wrote: »
    When you upgrade make sure you ask for the Flext50 tariff, it's free on that.

Obviously that only applies on T-Mobile!

I got mine for free on Flext 50.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the OP didn't say which network he was on.
  • Options
    RicardodaforceRicardodaforce Posts: 8,576
    Forum Member
    Like I said, you can get the handset free on Orange.
  • Options
    intheknowintheknow Posts: 5,128
    Forum Member
    its not really free though is it, an 18 months contract will add up to 700 pounds plus.

You can buy it for 450 and get airtime dead cheap on a sim free contract, even if you bought it on a credit card, you pay for the privellage of 'free' handsets.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    intheknow wrote: »
    its not really free though is it, an 18 months contract will add up to 700 pounds plus.

You can buy it for 450 and get airtime dead cheap on a sim free contract, even if you bought it on a credit card, you pay for the privellage of 'free' handsets.

It is definitely free on the deal i got.

I get 50% off T-Mobile line rental for life through work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It isn't really 'free' - you might not pay for it upfront but your line rental goes towards the cost of the handset, that's why you pay more for it when you take a lower price plan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It isn't really 'free' - you might not pay for it upfront but your line rental goes towards the cost of the handset, that's why you pay more for it when you take a lower price plan.

Yes, i know it's subsidised but...

I get Flext 50 with WNW for £28.75 a month with a free handset.

Over the 18 months it'll cost me £517.50, that's a good deal in my opinion.

(That's if i stay with Flext 50 all through, if i changed to Flext 35 with WNW after 6 months i'd then be paying £21.25 a month.)

Good deal? Yeah, i think so.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just pointing out it's never truly 'free' :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just pointing out it's never truly 'free' :D

For most people i agree, for me it was though! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Telly_Man wrote: »

It just frustraights me when people go claimbering for the 'free' phone deals' when it's only added to the line rental anyway, you can pay some towards the phone and reduce your line rental a lot, or pay for the phone 100% and have grossly cheaper line rental.

If people just add up how much the total is over 18 months and then how much the phone is sim free, and the sim free contracts are, they will find it's costing them MORE for the 'free phones'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Telly_Man wrote: »

Unless you're not paying any line rental at all, your N95 was not free!
  • Options
    KIIS102KIIS102 Posts: 8,539
    Forum Member
    Common people use your nuggets :P

People get something like 1000mins/1000txts for £10 p/m on just sims (no phones). So paying £35 a month for 500mins/500txts with a 'free phone' dont make the phone free :P your paying through the nose for it gawd. even i know that everytime i look at contracts and it says 'free phone'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KIIS102 wrote: »
    Common people use your nuggets :P

People get something like 1000mins/1000txts for £10 p/m on just sims (no phones). So paying £35 a month for 500mins/500txts with a 'free phone' dont make the phone free :P your paying through the nose for it gawd. even i know that everytime i look at contracts and it says 'free phone'.

At last! Someone else displaying common sense!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It depends on the deal and your usage. I got a Vario II for £120 on a £25, 12 month contract with T-Mobile.
    It would cost me £420 for by a sim free HTC TyTn (same phone), so I'm paying exactly the same over the contract term. I just get a load of calls/texts thrown in :)

However, with some cashback deals you truly can get a free phone ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pingu wrote: »
    It depends on the deal and your usage. I got a Vario II for £120 on a £25, 12 month contract with T-Mobile.
    It would cost me £420 for by a sim free HTC TyTn (same phone), so I'm paying exactly the same over the contract term. I just get a load of calls/texts thrown in :)

However, with some cashback deals you truly can get a free phone ;)

Yeah a rubbish phone on a cash back deal where a lot of people don't claim correctly. There's some about, but I think people just wanted to point out that the deals being talked about above aren't really free phone deals because you are more than paying for the 'free phone' in the expensive line rental.