Options

The Vampire Diaries Season 3 [US Pace] *Tagged Spoilers*

Comments

• Options
    biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    I didt like how they cut away from the scene where stefan attacks elena i hope they dont use that feature in future episodes it definatly felt like a cop out because everything pior was so good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    I don't think being a vampire is an excuse for being a bad person. Caroline, for example, has killed a few people since she turned. But that was when she couldn't control herself and even then she hated herself for what she did. Now she tries her best to keep her vampire tendencies under control.

Damon and Stefan, on the other hand, are as bad as each other. Damon snapped Jeremy's neck when Elena turned him down and Stefan killed countless people to save Damon/Elena. I didn't see Caroline going on a murderous rampage when Matt dumped her or when Tyler chose Jules over her. Or when her dad tried to fix her. Or even when her mum tried to kill her.

Damon and Stefan can kill as many people as they want but the show can't pretend they're good people. Even if they do love Elena.
  • Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its all Im hearing on a few sites people trying to justify damon and stefan for good or bad, i have to say its a Tv show, who cares what morals they have, they are good characters multi dimensional.

This show is about karma, and what goes around comes around, and black and white and all that is between.

Damon was bad now he good
    Stefan was good now he is bad
    Isobel was bad then she was good
    John was bad then he was good
    Sherrif forbes was bad now she is good
    Elijah was good then he was bad then he was good again
    Klaus is/was bad but my bet we are going to be seeing his 'good side soon whatever that is..
    Jeremy wad a drug taking depressed teenager now he is a level headed chao who is fighting the good fight

Its swings and roundabouts and thats what makes TVD the best tv show right now IMO
  • Options
    ajr493ajr493 Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joel's dad wrote: »
    Its all Im hearing on a few sites people trying to justify damon and stefan for good or bad, i have to say its a Tv show, who cares what morals they have, they are good characters multi dimensional.

This show is about karma, and what goes around comes around, and black and white and all that is between.

Damon was bad now he good
    Stefan was good now he is bad
    Isobel was bad then she was good
    John was bad then he was good
    Sherrif forbes was bad now she is good
    Elijah was good then he was bad then he was good again
    Klaus is/was bad but my bet we are going to be seeing his 'good side soon whatever that is..
    Jeremy wad a drug taking depressed teenager now he is a level headed chao who is fighting the good fight

Its swings and roundabouts and thats what makes TVD the best tv show right now IMO

Well said, we all have our own opinions - and that's all they are - let's move on from who is more good/bad and focus more on discussing the plots.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i like the idea of michael too, they way they introduced him through flashbacks was akin to holtz arrival on angel
  • Options
    jette52jette52 Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    just saw the latest episode and they moved right along again. that one face i did not expect to see again. the vicky situation seemed to have opened up another whole can of worms though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    jette52 wrote: »
    just saw the latest episode and they moved right along again. that one face i did not expect to see again. the vicky situation seemed to have opened up another whole can of worms though.

Hmm, I'm hoping he's back to help Tyler & not just kick Damon's ass. I actually hope Katherine's alright, seeing as she was on TeamGood...for once. Vicki wasn't technically bad as she was only wanting to kill the doppelganger to prevent the hybrids. So I don't think she was evil in the EVIL sense of the word. So I do feel a slight tinge of sadness for her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Glad to see Mason back. But seriously, does anybody on this show stay dead?

Katherine's an idiot. It was so obvious Michael was gonna drink from her.

I'm tired of Elena.
  • Options
    SuperbeastSuperbeast Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to see Mason back. But seriously, does anybody on this show stay dead?

Katherine's an idiot. It was so obvious Michael was gonna drink from her.

I'm tired of Elena.

Jenna and John look like they're gone and not coming back from the big dirt nap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Superbeast wrote: »
    Jenna and John look like they're gone and not coming back from the big dirt nap.

Don't speak too soon. :D

Also I wish Elena would stop using Damon/Stefan's feelings for her to get them to do whatever she wants. She does it all the time and it really grates.
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't feed on living things - Wow!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DieselDiva wrote: »
    Hmm, I'm hoping he's back to help Tyler & not just kick Damon's ass. I actually hope Katherine's alright, seeing as she was on TeamGood...for once. Vicki wasn't technically bad as she was only wanting to kill the doppelganger to prevent the hybrids. So I don't think she was evil in the EVIL sense of the word. So I do feel a slight tinge of sadness for her.

i did not get the impression that vicki wanted to kill the doppelganger in order to prevent the hybrids. i thought that she only did what the witch told her to do so that she could stay on this side.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    so was that Mason at the end? I wasn't sure if it was Michael the new vampire drinker!

Is Katherine dead?

Really not loving Tyler this week he got on my nerves & that Rebecca is sooo annoying (but a great character nonetheless!).

Not sure where Vicky/Bonnie/Jeremy/Anna/Matt is going - Bonnie has become uber jealous!

I ruddy love the Vampire Diaries! Every week it reigns me in and smacks me in the face right at the end with another :eek: moment!
  • Options
    Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss-Fitz wrote: »
    so was that Mason at the end? I wasn't sure if it was Michael the new vampire drinker!

Yep, it was him. :D
    Miss-Fitz wrote: »
    Is Katherine dead?

I doubt it. I don't really seeing her being killed off too soon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Kathrines going to be ok! Loved drunk Elena and liking Stephan for the first time this season.

Cant wait to see what Micheals going to do now hes awake.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    This series gets better and better.
  • Options
    Nicola37Nicola37 Posts: 2,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must say when TVD started, I avoided it like the plague, it sounded like an even worse Twilight, something I also avoided. Last year though I bit the bullet with Twilight books and film and got hooked, then saw Virgin Media were airing TVD on Demand so out of curiousity watched the first 12 episodes and loved it, i caught up just as itv2 was airing season 2 and have been hopelessly hooked since. Not since the days of 24, has a show continued to shock on an episode to episode basis and they pack so much into the episodes I always feel quite breathless at the end. Last week's was AMAZING, other show's season finales are not that good and that was just your run of the mill average episode (in terms of its season run).

I was still shocked this week though when the girls were starting their senior year, and Elena said it's a year since she met Stefan:eek: Everything that's happened has happened in the space of ONE school year!? Then I thought about it, and thought of course that makes sense when you think how many episodes since it began, start exactly where the previous one left off. There is rarely any big jump so I guess it makes sense its all happened in a year. I love the fact TVD is linear and its all storylined focus, you really cannot miss an episode because by the next one a million things will have happened and you'll be like 'huh':D

Loved when Damon called Elena 'Buffy' and that Tyler was 'sired'. Totally gave me Buffy vibes (especially watching this weeks Supernatural:D) . It LOOKED like Michael drained Katherine but I doubt she's dead, they cut away from it quite quickly and it wasn't even the final scene which you might expect if someone like Katherine was dead. Although come to think of it they do like to suckerpunch you in those final few minutes of each episode, you think thats the big shock then Mason Lockwood appears!:eek:
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    great to see mason back,i was thinking about him earlier in the episode (as i recapped s2 in my head!) i take it hes a ghost?

also was worried bad stefan was still good so was very happy to hear him call elena pathetic at the end

TVD is a very special show,i feel sorry for cult fans who have dismissed it as twi-lite
  • Options
    Forum Member
    just saw the latest episode. good to see so many ghosts. good episode to me. sorry to see it resolved in just one episode. would like to have seen more of mason and some of the others.
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Waiting for this weeks fix. Come on iTunes get your finger out. I'm having withdrawal symptoms lol
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dammit, Anna, I got something in my eye *sniffles* :(
  • Options
    TribecTribec Posts: 9,331
    Forum Member
    Are we sure that they have all gone? I mean the necklace seems a bit more powerful than we thought. However, it was a really good episode, nice to see Lexi back, and poor Damon. How many ways can we attempt to kill him but not.

Not sure what's in the cave mind you, that looks interesting. As for Stefan, hmm who's going come and help him out??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    well those tomb vamps were not out long before they killed someone. good to see lexi. wish their was a way for her and mason to have been able to stay. would like to have seen lexi and katherine bump heads for a minute.
  • Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awww pearl and anna reunited.... Not a dry in sight....

Awesome episode, was hoping to see a few more deadlies but it was good!!

So there is a way to kill an original, obvious mikael already knows how....

This is must see tv to say the least!!!!!!!!! 11/10
  • Options
    Forum Member
    next weeks episode looks good already.i cannot wait for this season to come out on dvd .good job.