Options

Three!!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    jwballjwball Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll agree with the previous posts, why people don't use direct debit is beyond me.
    No calling up to pay your bill, it just gets paid without even giving it a second thought.
  • Options
    dephanix02dephanix02 Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    I think when direct debits bounce a couple of times companies stop allowing the customer to pay that way and force them to pay manually. Maybe that's what's happened to the OP?

If not, direct debit makes so much more sense for everyone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    jwball wrote: »
    I'll agree with the previous posts, why people don't use direct debit is beyond me.
    No calling up to pay your bill, it just gets paid without even giving it a second thought.

I have previously explained why I stopped mine.
  • Options
    damoncdamonc Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Jabbamk1 I too am on three and talktalk but only on a rolling contract with three whilst I decided if coverage was okay for me. Wouldn't mind knowing how you got the one plan for £12.50 a month though as I would be happy with that. Paying 12.90 for ultimate 200 at moment. Are you committed for 12 months on that ? I have my ways of dealing with talktalk though.
  • Options
    jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    It's a retention deal. I got it a while back on a 12 month contract. Tbh three seem to have changed a bit recently, they don't give out retention deals as easily as they used to. Seems a new policy has taken over. They wouldn't give me a good retention deal on my other line (family member) so i cancelled with them with no attempt of retention despite the account being open for 5 years. So it's worth ringing up to see what they offer, not sure if they will do. Still, Three are the best for me and i won't move away to someone better because at the moment there is no one better.

I deal with Talk Talk through the forums for issues and or through the direct number i have for their retentions team. I renew every 6 months with them now and get a recurring £2pm discount re added each time, on top of the retention deal. e.g i should be paying £13.50 for the retention deal but i get them to add on a £2 discount (because i know they can do this) to get it down further. The £11.50 includes line rental btw.

Like i said to the OP, email them and then wait, you do have to be patient with things like this, you can't expect everything to sort itself out straight away. It'll take some time. Sort out the iPhone 5 upgrade first. Then move onto the billing, either cancel, or try and get them to lower the price due to the inconvenience
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    After taking my bank statement to them today instore, and the manager confirming it to them on the phone I was told the system was down, to call back later.

:mad: THREE DECLINED THE ADDRESS, money is gone from the bank again, phone is still blocked, and three are still refusing to accept that it is their fault and rectafy any thing