The Jonathan Ross Show - Series 11

treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,642
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Good show tonight.

Never seen John Malcovich in a interview. I knew I'd like him.

Same with Patrick Dempsey. Great juggler and all round nice guy.

Comments

• pete137pete137 Posts: 18,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shows how low Ross has fallen these days. I didnt even realise this was on and no one here is bothering to chat about it. I remember in the bbc days this thread would be 10 pages long as the show was on.
  • DUHODUHO Posts: 2,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ross was a breath of fresh air 30 years ago on the Last resort but he hasn't changed his style apart from becoming cruder as the years have passed. He is now chronically outdated and should retire and count his millions....
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUHO wrote: »
    Ross was a breath of fresh air 30 years ago on the Last resort but he hasn't changed his style apart from becoming cruder as the years have passed. He is now chronically outdated and should retire and count his millions....

Won't he just need to get a bank statement, it would be counted for him.
  • DUHODUHO Posts: 2,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Won't he just need to get a bank statement, it would be counted for him.

Maybe he keeps his cash in a safe in his mansion then he would be able to count it all, if not then yes you are probably correct
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    treefr0g wrote: »
    Good show tonight.

Never seen John Malcovich in a interview. I knew I'd like him.
    It would have been really funny if everyone through the whole show only said the sound "Malcovich" in place of any other words.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't this the last series ?
  • NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His ITV show has always been a wet damper to watch. He peaked with his Friday Night With Jonathan Ross.
  • Mr_BeeMr_Bee Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    His BBC chat show was very good but I never bothered watching when he went to ITV.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if he is as sleazy in real life as he appears to be on TV ?
  • gkabcgkabc Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    I wonder if he is as sleazy in real life as he appears to be on TV ?
    "He f**ked your granddaughter!"
  • Damien_JohnsonDamien_Johnson Posts: 2,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think JR is a better interviewer than Norton and Carr.

The show doesn't have the magic of FNWJR but it's good to have a chat show that isn't all pre-prepared sycophantic anecdotes (Norton) and silly skits (Carr).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The show doesn't have the magic of FNWJR but it's good to have a chat show that isn't all pre-prepared sycophantic anecdotes (Norton) and silly skits (Carr).

I think you need to check the definition of the word ''sycophantic'' when it comes to Ross.
  • mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUHO wrote: »

agreed.... hes now just like an embarrassing dad trying to be 'cool 4 da kidz' ... cant stand him.
  • andymcvandymcv Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    Not sure why Aisling Bea was there. Was it to keep John company. Should have been more about the Olympic winners
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blimey Renee looks old .
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andymcv wrote: »
    Not sure why Aisling Bea was there.

If you'd listened to the interview you would have found out.
  • mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    blimey Renee looks old .

Her eyes have become the "elephant in the room" that nobody talks about
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

All chat shows are pre-prepared anecdote platforms. Some of the apparently spontaneous set-ups on the JR show are painfully obvious to watch. At least with Graham Norton there's some natural chemistry and sometimes surprising interaction between the guests. A bit like Jonathon Ross's show used to be only better.

JR was a good interviewer in the BBC version. With the ad breaks on ITV came a plunge in quality as the show became disjointed and lost focus. He still is a very good TV frontman, but his current chat show is dreadful.

As for this weekend's mess of a show, there were far too many guests. Why waste a potentially very interesting guest like John Malkovitch with just a few minutes chat? Then why shoehorn in some Olympic medal winners who've all been asked the same questions a couple of weeks ago when they first got back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One has read that Barry Gibb will be a guest in the coming months.
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does one think that is a good thing or a bad thing?
  • NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amy Schumer schtick is so grating to watch.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    NicoleRich wrote: »
    Amy Schumer schtick is so grating to watch.

She is awful. I guess she appeals to teenage girls as they seem to be the only ones laughing in the audience.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks like a cabbage patch doll.
  • Damien_JohnsonDamien_Johnson Posts: 2,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allafix wrote: »
    All chat shows are pre-prepared anecdote platforms. Some of the apparently spontaneous set-ups on the JR show are painfully obvious to watch. At least with Graham Norton there's some natural chemistry and sometimes surprising interaction between the guests. A bit like Jonathon Ross's show used to be only better.

JR was a good interviewer in the BBC version. With the ad breaks on ITV came a plunge in quality as the show became disjointed and lost focus. He still is a very good TV frontman, but his current chat show is dreadful.

As for this weekend's mess of a show, there were far too many guests. Why waste a potentially very interesting guest like John Malkovitch with just a few minutes chat? Then why shoehorn in some Olympic medal winners who've all been asked the same questions a couple of weeks ago when they first got back.

Graham Norton usually has far too many guests. Sometimes 4 or 5. But I'd agree that Ross should revert to interviewing the guests individually and sending them back to the green room like FNWJR.

Norton's pre-prepared anecdotes are too obvious, "is it true about that thing that happened?", "Oh the thing? Yes...".
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    She looks like a cabbage patch doll.

She is annoying to be sure, but it's probably not necessary to fat shame the woman to point it out. She's annoying because she's both gobby and shrill at the same time.