U.S Shows you got into later on

LMLM Posts: 63,321
Forum Member
✭✭
Are there any shows past and present you got into, but not at the time it first aired and may got into it long after it had finished or when it was a few seasons into it's run

Over the last few months, i have gotten into Warehouse 13, The Walking Dead, Bob's Burgers, Archer and Haven.

I am like 3 seasons behind on archer, two behind on bob's burgers and close to finishing The Walking dead.

Comments

• big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    breaking bad
    falling skies
    persons unkown
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    the sopranos, didnt watch it first time around but bought the box set when it was on offer at some point.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Criminal Minds and The Closer
  • KittiaraKittiara Posts: 2,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wire. Only watched it earlier this year, and I loved it.

Also, Dawson's Creek, on the recommendation of a friend :o.
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite a few that I watch US pace now I caught a good few seasons in and got hooked. I love it when I find a new show that I have a few seasons to catch up on and can just watch one after the other. Once Upon a Time was my most recent which I absolutely love now. Nikita, Pretty Little Liars, Covert Affairs are other shows that I caught late and love now too.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    might do the sopranos, heard very good things
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Breaking Bad = Still on season 2, its good but I don't get what the fuss is all about.

Weeds = Found it on netflix and watched all but the final season in a few weeks, was more enjoyable then waiting a week for the next episode like I had to do with the last season

Terminator TSCC = Watched the odd episode when it was shown on TV3 in ireland, then they decided to move season 2 to 3e, which at the time I didnt have.

Fringe = Same as TSCC, watched season 1 on TV3 then it was moved to 3e.... started watching season 3 then at US pace, and bought season 2 on dvd when it was finished...watched season 4 and 5 at us-pace.
  • Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The X Files - Got into it during Season 6 even though I had seen a few earlier episodes. It really had peaked by then.

Dexter - Spent the summer of 2011 watching Seasons 1-5 and was caught up with the US by the time Episode 2 of Season 6 had aired.

Breaking Bad - Started Season 1 five days ago and devoured it in a day. I've been watching Season 2 since Thursday and have just 3 episodes left before moving onto Season 3. I'm trying to get up-to-date before Season 5 returns so I guess I might be caught up well before its return.

Still need to get through 'The Sopranos', 'Homeland', 'The Americans' and 'The Wire'.

:D
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The O.C, Brothers and Sisters, Gossip Girl, 90210 and Desperate Housewives. :o
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Breaking Bad is on my list, I was also a latecomer to Homeland and Game of Thrones.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dexter - only started watching last year.
    Lost - again, last year.
    The Walking Dead - just a few months ago. Now I'm hooked.
    Drop Dead Diva - earlier this year, love it! :D
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Vampire Diaries (Caught up on Seasons 1-4 recently).

True Blood (Caught up on Seasons 1-5 before Season 6 began).

Lost, sort of. (Watched Season 1 as it aired, watched Season 2 on the DVD release, then didn't see anymore for a few years. I decided to get back on track before it ended, and caught up on Seasons 3-5 in the interim between 5 and 6, then watched Season 6 as it aired).
  • Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mum and I also got into Game of Thrones last year when we were visiting my brother in the US. We got through Season 2 pretty quickly and took a break after Episode 4 of Season 3 so we still have the rest to watch.

:)
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    The Sopranos (with series 2)
    Boardwalk Empire (after 3 series, began watching)
    Dexter (racked up 5 series before watching)
    Homeland (didn't like the premise... to start with)
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know it's a miniseries but does only seeing Band of Brothers 12 years after it was first broadcast count?
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,511
    Forum Member
    I watched Buffy last year.
    I started to watch Desperate Housewives in 2007 and I still haven't completed season 8.
    I started to watch Arrested Development a few weeks ago and Grey's Anatomy at Christmas.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    White Collar. Mainly because it wasn't shown on a channel I have.

Same with Leverage.
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    I never watched 24 until season four had started but bought the boxsets and caught up.

Breaking Bad I had never even heard of until last summer when I got Netflix. If it wasnt for netflix and these forums I would never have took any notice of it. Have now seen all the episodes made so far. Great series.

The West Wing. Now on netflix USA and this is highly recommended on forums like this so keen to give it a try. 20 mins into the pilot episode and am not sure yet if I am going to like it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lost
    True blood
    Breaking bad ( watched all 5 seasons last year)
    I recently started watching the Walking dead nearly caught up I'm on the second to last episode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    I got into Drag Race (can I get an amen?) around the time Series 3 finished.

Now it's on Season 5 I'm hooked. According to reports this is the rumored cast for Season 6 http://buzzsauce.co.uk/tv/rupauls-drag-race-season-6-cast-leaked/
  • Vicks-LouiseVicks-Louise Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got hooked on one tree hill just before season 5 aired in America (August 2008)
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Breaking Bad- Just watched it for the first time earlier this year and watched seasons 1-4 in a few weeks.
    The Sopranos- The first time I saw it, it was around 3 or 4 episodes from the finale and I watched one ep and then they repeated it from the beginning on More 4. Still can't believe I missed out on either of them the first time around as they are excellent.
    Also, as I love trash tv, I started watching The Real Housewives Of Beverley Hills about 8 months ago and became so addicted I have now seen every single series of the franchise bar Miami season 1.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are there any shows past and present you got into, but not at the time it first aired and may got into it long after it had finished or when it was a few seasons into it's run

Over the last few months, i have gotten into Warehouse 13, The Walking Dead, Bob's Burgers, Archer and Haven.
    I am like 3 seasons behind on archer, two behind on bob's burgers and close to finishing The Walking dead.

Got into the sopranos only last year when it hsd finished a few years. Boardwalk empire when season 2 had ended and dexter was on about 4 years before I started watching
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Castle - missed the first 2 seasons but then did a massive catchup.
    In Plain Sight - the same
    Scandal - ignored it at first thinking it would be terrible but ended up loving it
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CSI:Miami (Season 5) - There was nothing to watch late at night on holiday in the US.

Stargate SG1 - Starting watching from the first episode of season 8, unable to sleep one night.

Stargate Atlantis - The inevitable curiousty of a similar show to SG1 brought me to this...

Fringe - I had watched the season premier but wasn't gripped by it. Though later watched the season 1 finale two years later and caught up during Sky marathon repeat at 1'Oclock in the morning.