Robbie Williams' humour sings and dances when his wife in labour!

2»

Comments

• johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must have missed the bit where people were forced to watch. Your choice to click or not. It would not have been for me - but then neither would being married to RW.

The last video is lovely - and quite obvious that Ayda was happy to be part of it.

Congratulations to them!

I'll never understand why celebs think it's a good idea to broadcast their most private moments to the world via the internet. Then these same celebs moan about invasion of privacy. Perhaps if they took their own privacy more seriously, the media would be inclined to do he same.
  • Jason CJason C Posts: 31,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The main message I take from these videos is that fatherhood hasn't made RW any less of a self-aggrandizing fool.

Indeed, the cynic in me now wonders whether a reality show will come calling in due course.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they're after their own Reality TV series.
  • Ben_Fisher1Ben_Fisher1 Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GracieL wrote: »
    Robbie is just so self-obsessed, I have never understood the attraction of this guy.

Me neither. His music is mostly awful bilge, and he seems a self absorbed moron, who will do anything to stay in the spotlight, even though his 15 minutes are well and truly OVER:p
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    What an idiot! Sorry, but I don't understand the obsession with sharing what should be private moments with the whole world! Typical self-obsessed behavior from Robbie, with no consideration for his wife's privacy!

Completely agree. Your partner giving birth to your child should be a private moment between you, your partner and obviously the midwife.
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    Completely agree. Your partner giving birth to your child should be a private moment between you, your partner and obviously the midwife.

But the thing is, nobody excluding who was in the delivery suite saw Ayda give birth.
    In total there was about 5 mins of video posted which included RW holding his wife's hand, Ayda twerking, RW singing & then finally a short video announcing the birth of their son.
    If he'd posted the actual birth, I could understand people's reactions but some, imo, seem rather OTT.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But the thing is, nobody excluding who was in the delivery suite saw Ayda give birth.
    In total there was about 5 mins of video posted which included RW holding his wife's hand, Ayda twerking, RW singing & then finally a short video announcing the birth of their son.
    If he'd posted the actual birth, I could understand people's reactions but some, imo, seem rather OTT.

She was still in labour (okay, not giving birth). More and more things in people's lives seem to be being broadcast to the world.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one made anyone watch. I thought it was all really sweet.
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason C wrote: »
    The main message I take from these videos is that fatherhood hasn't made RW any less of a self-aggrandizing fool.

Indeed, the cynic in me now wonders whether a reality show will come calling in due course.

Possibly. She's an actress, but not well known, and I don't think he found a great deal of success in the US.
  • Visitor QVisitor Q Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is a self-obsessed buffoon, I don't think it's right that he's releasing these video clips of what should be a private occasion... but I can't help liking the guy. He is amusing. He's a showoff, but he doesn't care if he looks a fool.

I must be going soft, but I find his relationship with his wife charming. They seem like really good friends. Not at all like most showbiz couples.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am so happy that Robbie (after yrs of looking for love) has found the one. They obviously suit each other and love they have their pigeon pair!

As for the videos, I found them sweet and not that intrusive. Some countries (france) video the whole thing then show friends when they come round to meet the baby!!

Yes Robbie is a show off , but a loveable one and hell he is been in the pubic eye since the age of 16 so life in the media is all he has ever known but he is no Katie Price

Congrats to both of them
  • misfittmisfitt Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    What an idiot! Sorry, but I don't understand the obsession with sharing what should be private moments with the whole world! Typical self-obsessed behavior from Robbie, with no consideration for his wife's privacy!

Especially when she leans back holding her stomach and her head looks toward the ceiling. I think she was trying to blot him out of her mind. I think at that point she was thinking either where are the drugs or F.O.

Best

M
  • quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    Just when I thought I couldn't dislike the prick anymore....
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,430
    Forum Member
    I'll never understand why celebs think it's a good idea to broadcast their most private moments to the world via the internet. Then these same celebs moan about invasion of privacy. Perhaps if they took their own privacy more seriously, the media would be inclined to do he same.

Exactly. Couldn't agree more.

I think it's fine if they want to film these antics for their own family and to keep for posterity but to broadcast it to the world is wrong and before anyone says why did you watch it, it was on the National News at teatime and I couldn't reach the remote fast enough ;-)
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many folks moaning have watched One Born Every Minute.?

As for Robbie he is a narcissist. Haven't watched it but it is just in character.
  • Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    I only saw one video, where she's clearly had enough but he just keeps pushing it... Not sure why you would post stuff like that on Youtube. Fans can't be that desperate for their Robbie fix, can they?
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Robbie....Next, lol! :D
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm sure his wife agreed to it beforehand. However, it's typical Robbie, isn't it? Everything has to be about him. His wife is there giving birth, but he has to be the focus of attention.
  • CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting to how this has really divided opinion. Cute/Funny or Self Obsessed. Afraid my gut reaction was the latter - when I saw it. Having given birth I know how I'd have felt if my husband was prancing around at the time.

It just felt a bit like "even this special moment" was all about him getting the attention. She has three kids now - good luck to her.
  • SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    What a tit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand him so everything he does annoys me but if she was ok with it then that's cool, haven't watched it myself but If it was my husband while I was in labour he would be sporting 2 black eyes.
  • ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just saw that they have named the baby Charlton Valentine...
  • teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The vacuous, self-obsessed idiot that is Robbie Williams had to steal the limelight as usual. He's the little kid who always has to be there, doing something naughty to get attention. I can't abide him; never could.
  • teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CFCJM1 wrote: »
    Interesting to how this has really divided opinion. Cute/Funny or Self Obsessed. Afraid my gut reaction was the latter - when I saw it. Having given birth I know how I'd have felt if my husband was prancing around at the time.

It just felt a bit like "even this special moment" was all about him getting the attention. She has three kids now - good luck to her.

Does that include him? I agree with everything else you say.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wondered if he was just perhaps bricking it and this was the only way he knew how to deal with it. Reminded me of the stuff you'd see on One Born Every Minute.