100% ALLEGED Showbiz, Blind Items and Gossip Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xxdeeniexx wrote: »
    Gotta be The Smiths...

"The Smiths split in 1987 and following the break-up drummer and bassist took lead singer and guitarist to court in a dispute over royalties."

....but most people know that and most people know and would expect animosity between the lead singer and the guitarist. It would not be a surprise to hear them be critical of each other.
  • xxdeeniexxxxdeeniexx Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    "The musician says he has to work every day of the week to earn a living because the singer was greedy and didn't want to share the spoils from the band..."

I didn't write the 'blind' lol Just guessing... from the clue above it just seemed to fit for me is all :)
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,265
    Forum Member
    From Crazy Days & Nights:

Kindness Blind

This foreign born A list singer/musician with the non rock star like personality spent two hours out in the cold this past weekend making sure that every fan who waited to see him got a photo with him or an autograph. I can't think of any others that would do that and he does it regularly.
  • pfgpowellpfgpowell Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    I think it sounds like Wham. Would the miserable one be A list in America?

It can't be Wham as the musician, who was barely a musician if truth be told, did very well and was set up for life and now lives out in the far West Country (not many miles from me as it happens). Also Wham however successful were never cool, not by a million miles. On the other hand cool might cover the bedsit band, though I was under the impression the guitarist did OK.
    Forum Member
    Ber wrote: »
    There was a court case against Mr. Miserable and not Johnny Cash (:p) brought by the bands drummer over unpaid royalties. Mr Miserable did not come out of it at all well!

Doesn't surprise me. I'm too old ever to have been a fan when they were around, which is perhaps why I could never get them. But the guitarist is respected by other musos. The singer is - in my oh so humble view - a complete and utter pillock who's about as musical and talented as a broken garden gate in Lanarkshire.
    Forum Member
    The Boomtown Rats split almost 30 years ago... as did The Smiths...

... lead singers of both are defo A list!

That sounds a lot more like it, though haven't the B.Rs played a reunion gig or something recently, or are planning one?
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another one is the first book of the bible. Don't know if it fits but just throwing it out there.

I know they've been in the media recently and isn't 'buster' supposed to be a bit tight?
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another one is the first book of the bible. Don't know if it fits but just throwing it out there.

I know they've been in the media recently and isn't 'buster' supposed to be a bit tight?

They where only cool when Sledgehammer was the singer.

Buster was in the papers whining about Someone Like You dumping him from her latest album(still in the making).
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »

Kindness Blind

This foreign born A list singer/musician with the non rock star like personality spent two hours out in the cold this past weekend making sure that every fan who waited to see him got a photo with him or an autograph. I can't think of any others that would do that and he does it regularly.

I'm going with the boy who lived in a Lego house. Don't think you could get any less rock star like than him and he genuinely seems to like his fans.
  • mvlocamvloca Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Boomtown Rats split almost 30 years ago... as did The Smiths...

... lead singers of both are defo A list!

Everyone seems to have ignored my last post so I'll say it again - there's no way the miserable one would be considered A-list in America. No way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    I'm going with the boy who lived in a Lego house. Don't think you could get any less rock star like than him and he genuinely seems to like his fans.

A Team? Yeah, Ive not heard anyone with a bad word against him!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    They where only cool when Sledgehammer was the singer.

Buster was in the papers whining about Someone Like You dumping him from her latest album(still in the making).

Another potential candidate could be the band crazy diamond was in. IIRC there was some bad blood between the 2 main guys in the band, and it carried on without 1 of them with a new album out soon.

Don't think they would be classed as A list in the states though :confused:
    Forum Member

If you have been looking for this foreign born B- list mostly television actor who has not done much since his long running hit almost network show ended, you can probably find him holed up in his apartment spending most of his day shooting heroin. If you thought he was pasty white before, you have not seen anything.
    Forum Member

If you have been looking for this foreign born B- list mostly television actor who has not done much since his long running hit almost network show ended, you can probably find him holed up in his apartment spending most of his day shooting heroin. If you thought he was pasty white before, you have not seen anything.

First thought is JRM.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First thought is JRM.

Henry VIII? He's in a series at the moment and has been in few films too.
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    A Team? Yeah, Ive not heard anyone with a bad word against him!

I loved his big single with Pharrell but would never had said I was a fan until a read an interview about him last month where he was talking about being homeless. He said that Elton John is his mentor and when he's going to ring A Team gets a text saying 'Reg will be calling' and 10 mins later he calls from an anonymous number. I actually decided to follow him on Twitter/Instagram purely because I thought 'You seem a proper nice bloke'
    Forum Member
    Henry VIII? He's in a series at the moment and has been in few films too.

I thought Dracula was cancelled?

Oops. Reading it again (and i typed it out :D:blush:) it says "almost network" which always means The CW.

So my guess is now Chuck Bass.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Another potential candidate could be the band crazy diamond was in. IIRC there was some bad blood between the 2 main guys in the band, and it carried on without 1 of them with a new album out soon.

That was what I thought too. Another one was members of the Metal Airship having a communication breakdown leaving them dazed and confused.
  • chandlerpchandlerp Posts: 4,956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A-List everywhere I would think
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pfgpowell wrote: »
    That sounds a lot more like it, though haven't the B.Rs played a reunion gig or something recently, or are planning one?

The Monday-hating lads are on tour currently, which has been specifically set up by the singer to boost the coffers of a couple of his bandmates, so it's not him.

The Old Bill guitarist is still working phenomenally hard even though he is 71. Could be his passion for music, could be his finances...;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No they recommission a second series, filming in Belfast again.
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No they recommission a second series, filming in Belfast again.

I am sorry but you are wrong and the first poster correct.

Dracula was indeed cancelled because it was a pile of rubbish.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/05/10/dracula-canceled-by-nbc-after-one-season/262645/
  • SirMickTravisSirMickTravis Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I showed my lack of coolness by suggesting Wham!, but The Boomtown Rats - a band all teenagers think are cool at some point? I'm laughing out loud at that :D
  • SirMickTravisSirMickTravis Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoTaylor wrote: »

Eh? Not getting that. And A Team????

Actually having done some googling I've got it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »

I am sorry but you are wrong and the first poster correct.

Dracula was indeed cancelled because it was a pile of rubbish.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/05/10/dracula-canceled-by-nbc-after-one-season/262645/

It came out they had cancelled it, then up in the thread about the series, word came out they had changed their minds and would do a second season. That was the last I heard.
This discussion has been closed.