Options

Sugababes - Sweet 7

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
Forum Member
I know everyone is going to look at this and think why are you starting ANOTHER post on this album, but I'm just asking a quick question :)

I am just wondering if anyone knows why Sweet 7 is no longer available to listen to on Spotify? I was reading some posts on here saying the song with Sean Kingston is going to be the next one so was just going to have a listen to see if it was any good ( I have been sooooo disappointed from what I have heard of the album so far!! ) but I see it's no longer available?? Anyone have any ideas? Is it because they have been 'dropped' by Rocnation? Or just because the album is so awfully bad :p

Thankiessssssss :)

Comments

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You couldn't ask this in the other thread? I don't think it deserves a whole discussion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well tough luck I already started a whole new discussion on it and I don't actually really care what you think about it as a discussion topic, despite the fact that by adding a reply you have made it a discussion topic. If you didn't think it deserved a new topic perhaps you should have just bypassed it and not made a remark, which only goes to fuel the discussion. I only asked a simple question which you didn't even answer in your reply, and so you have been of no help at all. But thank you very much for your well informed and very important reply, I will cherish it.
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    cant you just youtube it, and listen to it that way?! lol?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I could but that's really not the point. I was just wondering why it's not on Spotify anymore when it was on like two days ago and with all the rumours that they're being dropped I thought maybe that had something to do with it but, again, thank you for the helpful post :confused:
  • Options
    musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Why don't you risk it and buy the album? I'm sure you can spare 8-10 quid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Risk what? It's not really a risky buying an album is it? you buy it if you like it, cant really go wrong!! at the moment i actually cant really afford it and considering that i said i dont like any of the other songs i dont see the point in buying it? but yeah thanks for that !!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    What a pleasant post. Why bother starting a discussion if you're going to jump down the throat of anyone who contributes?

I await your venomous response with baited breath...
  • Options
    haim100haim100 Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be better to buy the album. You won't regret it - it is a quality album ;). The Sugababes need all the support they can get at the moment.

HOWEVER if you want to listen before buying, there is always youtube.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What a pleasant post. Why bother starting a discussion if you're going to jump down the throat of anyone who contributes?

I await your venomous response with baited breath...

I think I've said thanks to everyone who replied to my post, which I feel is quite pleasant? Again, I don't see what your post has to do with my original question of why is it deleted from Spotify (although it's not exactly a life changing question for me, it's fun to see responses like yours getting so wound up about it!!) but thank you ever so much for your contribution
  • Options
    Forum Member
    haim100 wrote: »
    It would be better to buy the album. You won't regret it - it is a quality album ;). The Sugababes need all the support they can get at the moment.

HOWEVER if you want to listen before buying, there is always youtube.

Really? To be honest I liked the latest two singles but I gave the album a little listen on Spotify (well the first 20 seconds or so of each song) and I just couldn't warm to it, you know? I wanted to hear Keisha's voice!! It's weird because it's just not a sound which you associate with Sugababes, but that's fair enough on them because they are a totally different band now, so they should try until they get a sound that suits them. I (selfishly) just want them to be like they were!! Thanks
  • Options
    Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clare27 wrote: »
    Really? To be honest I liked the latest two singles but I gave the album a little listen on Spotify (well the first 20 seconds or so of each song) and I just couldn't warm to it, you know? I wanted to hear Keisha's voice!!

Are you aware of which album is the official release version? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Are you aware of which album is the official release version? :confused:

Yeah, I just meant it sounded weird after six Sugababes albums with Keisha, it felt strange that I was listening to one without her voice in it... Sorry I'm being stupid, but I don't really understand what you mean? Of course shes not going to be in the official release version because I don't know if you know but she left them like six months ago, before the new album was even released... I really don't get your point:confused: Sorry, but thanks
  • Options
    kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering the same thing. I remember the Black Eyed Peas album was available for free on Spotify, then they only made it available to paying listeners, then it went back to being free again. But its strange Sweet 7 has been removed completely.

Its nothing to do with Roc Nation though. Roc Nation just did their A&R, they were never signed to them. They're still with the same label they were always on, and all their other albums are still on Spotify.

If I had to guess I'd say it was because of the album's bad chart performance. Maybe they're hoping people will go out and buy it now they can't listen to it on Spotify.
  • Options
    hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member
    LOL at this thread.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    clare27 wrote: »
    I think I've said thanks to everyone who replied to my post, which I feel is quite pleasant? Again, I don't see what your post has to do with my original question of why is it deleted from Spotify (although it's not exactly a life changing question for me, it's fun to see responses like yours getting so wound up about it!!) but thank you ever so much for your contribution

I'm hardly wound up, more mildly amused by this pointless post.
  • Options
    -Jodie--Jodie- Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just buy the CD or download it on iTunes or something.

Ignore the reviews, as it's a bloody good album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm hardly wound up, more mildly amused by this pointless post.

If it's pointless, why bother replying and acknowledging its presence?
  • Options
    Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    musicdude wrote: »
    Why don't you risk it and buy the album? I'm sure you can spare 8-10 quid.

Why should he/she buy an album when they only want to hear one tune?

Why waste money unnecessarily?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Jodie- wrote: »
    Just buy the CD or download it on iTunes or something.

Ignore the reviews, as it's a bloody good album.

Desperate fans trying to get people to save the group by buying the album :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't buy it, it's awful.
  • Options
    funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,350
    Forum Member
    It is actually a great album, there are a lot of tracks that aren't instant but get into your brain and some great sugababes song at the end
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    well im not a massive sugababes fan, but sweet 7 is one of there best albums....
  • Options
    -Jodie--Jodie- Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Desperate fans trying to get people to save the group by buying the album :D

& I suppose advocating illegal downloading is what I should have done?
  • Options
    JanieBJanieB Posts: 3,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a funny thread. Something so innocuous as the Sugababes causing people to get so stroppy :D

As far as I am concerned they have gone long past their prime. Best single was by far About you now (closely followed by push the button) and although I wasn't a huge fan of Keisha, her voice glued the band together, especially after the instantly recognisable, slighly croaky vocals of Mutya disappeared. Now they just sound wishy washy and I much prefer Amelle on her own. It will be interesting to see how long they last with Jade on board.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Jodie- wrote: »
    & I suppose advocating illegal downloading is what I should have done?

The OP is asking about Spotify, you can't download, only stream. D'oh!