Options

What do I need to know before watching ''Primeval''?

molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
Forum Member
✭✭
Never watched the previous series but it does look good and I am intrigued to watch it, was there a big cliffhanger? :D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They got trapped in the past. That was the cliffhanger. But I think it will be covered in the opening episode.

Basically, they just chase after dinosaurs for an hour. It's pretty much the same week in week out.
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bad man/idiot runs ARC - research centre run by incompetent government trying to figure out what Anomalies are.

Anomalies are twinkly time portals that keep appearing in awkward spots like shopping centres.

Things come through them from the past or the future - as in beasties of all sorts.

Young good looking scientists with a couple of A levels between them round em up, send em back before the portal goes away, cover it up with the minimum number of people clawed to death or eaten before then.

Sometimes they go into the past (which looks like the Canary Islands) or the future (which looks like Milwall on Saturdays) and look around.

The portals are open for limited, varying periods and all go to different eras in the past or future fairly randomly.

Nobody seems to know why they are appearing (yet).

Oh, and the good looking wonderkids also fall in love with each other, shoot each other and have cute pet dinosaurs at home.

Thats about it.

And it IS very entertaining.
  • Options
    BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
    Forum Member
    And the good-looking blonde with short hair spends at least half of Series 1 showing off her knickers. :eek:;)

I wasn't expecting too much, this being on ITV and all, but I was pleasantly surprised and yes, its very entertaining.
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dinos, rawr!
  • Options
    BritishHoboBritishHobo Posts: 2,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No idea if any of this will be relevant, but on the off chance:

Scottish team leader is apparently dead, as apparently his mental villain of an ex-wife who enjoys popping up occasionally to threaten to wipe out the human race. And there's some woman he likes who got turned into a different, but identical, woman that he likes after history changed, who left the team.
  • Options
    Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    You could always buy/hire the first two season's box sets and find out everything you wanted to know - and possibly be entertained in the process.

Regards

Mark
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BigFoot87 wrote: »
    And the good-looking blonde with short hair spends at least half of Series 1 showing off her knickers. :eek:;)

Though don't get your hopes up too high for any more of that.
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hannah looks great in her panties.
  • Options
    Brain DonorBrain Donor Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark A wrote: »
    You could always buy/hire the first two season's box sets and find out everything you wanted to know - and possibly be entertained in the process.

Regards

Mark

Three ;)

Daughter surprised me with the complete box set yesterday :) I'll have to try to rewatch them all before 4 starts.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dinos, rawr!

:eek::D
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Though don't get your hopes up too high for any more of that.

I'm sure Ruth Kearney's clothing will suffer an accident at some point
  • Options
    The Icon V2The Icon V2 Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well if you cant be bothered to watch the last few series. i would at least suggest this,

its the !"fill in" bits from S3 to S4. it should help you somewhat at least

http://www.itv.com/drama/primeval/exclusiveepisodes/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    I watched the first two eps of the first season, and it just felt too silly and childlike so i quit it. Is it still like that, not quite doctor who but not far off?
  • Options
    Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    maniacus wrote: »
    not quite doctor who but not far off?
    I think that a reasonably fare summation.

Regards

Mark
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seen the trailer on ITV yesterday it looks fantastic can't wait to see it start now ,well worth watching great entertainment .
  • Options
    SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    maniacus wrote: »
    I watched the first two eps of the first season, and it just felt too silly and childlike so i quit it. Is it still like that, not quite doctor who but not far off?
    For me it settled down and grew up a lot by series 2 when they moved to the ARC.
    I think I'd compare it more to Torchwood than Doctor Who, and it's much better than Torchwood (it isn't as good as DW though, but it's close).
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    For me it settled down and grew up a lot by series 2 when they moved to the ARC.
    I think I'd compare it more to Torchwood than Doctor Who, and it's much better than Torchwood (it isn't as good as DW though, but it's close).

Its weird with Torchwood though.... though I agree Primeval is quite similar to Torchwood 1&2, it is a farcry from Children of Earth which is brilliant. DW, Torchwood and Primeval are now 3 very different (but brilliant) shows :D
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ben Miller is the bloke in charge of ARC and his character is brilliant. Sarcastic, sardonic, egotistical, selfish....I watch it mainly for him, so I hope he's in it a lot next series.

It's good fun, but it is a bit samey sometimes.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    molybecks wrote: »
    Never watched the previous series but it does look good and I am intrigued to watch it, was there a big cliffhanger? :D

Methinks you won't need to study up on anything about the series cos you'll get enough of a recap during the opening mins of the ep1 to get you up to speed on the show.

But basically "Long extinct creatures are tearing through a series of rips in time, and the seemingly impossible becomes a terrifying reality."