Options

X Factor 2014 - The Official Bootcamp Thread :)

Comments

• Options
    EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackamakka wrote: »
    I'd imagine tomorrow the judges will pick the Top 12 or whatever from each category for the 6 chair challenge, then Saturday morning categories will be revealed, then all the performances will take place over Sat/Sun. Unless there's a group challenge tomorrow?

I hope there's not a group challenge, they're totally pointless and filler. I'd rather them just have a mass cull, do the chair challenge, and then be on their way to judges homes. Makes for a much snappier and exciting show.
  • Options
    jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    I hope there's not a group challenge, they're totally pointless and filler. I'd rather them just have a mass cull, do the chair challenge, and then be on their way to judges homes. Makes for a much snappier and exciting show.

I agree, last year it was completely pointless and just seemed like they wanted to make up some extra time. I'd much rather it was the same as the US show will judges houses slotted in before the lives
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope there is a group challenge. One of my favourite parts is hearing the contestants sing in the room auditions and when there's no crowd. Whenever there's a crowd it all just comes across so fake and false...not that it isn't when they're singing in the room, but I just can't stand the arena auditions with the crowd. I like hearing them sing on stage/in the room with no crowd. Some of the best moments on the show for me have happened when there's no crowd...for example Rachel Adedeji's bootcamp performance, Alexandra Burke's bootcamp.
  • Options
    Grof_GriffGrof_Griff Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    There has to be Group challenges, when they did mass culls there was huge controversy, even though I don't really mind them.

Let's just remember that last year they were on to the Chair round after just two ad breaks - so they show very little of the Group challenges! Plus the contestants are sent home in a fair way.
  • Options
    MilkitaMilkita Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, group challenge is one of those challenges that we can spot the stand out and potential of someone being put into a band ;)

I hope bootcamp is more than just 6 chair challenges .. Someone on Twitter said she made it to Top 30 girls before being cut so I can assume that there will be two cut before actual 6 chair challenges ..

All contestants -> Top 30 each category -> Top 13 each category (6 chair challenge candidates)
  • Options
    seejay01462seejay01462 Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    I've just had an email from Applause Store saying "It is with the hugest possible regret that your tickets for this weekend's X FACTOR Boot Camp have been cancelled entirely at random due to a set change." Looking at a tweet from Mark Sidaway it seems as if they've redesigned the stage into a massive X. Not happy as I've already paid £30 for car parking on the Sunday!!! Kids not happy either obviously :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just had an email from Applause Store saying "It is with the hugest possible regret that your tickets for this weekend's X FACTOR Boot Camp have been cancelled entirely at random due to a set change." Looking at a tweet from Mark Sidaway it seems as if they've redesigned the stage into a massive X. Not happy as I've already paid £30 for car parking on the Sunday!!! Kids not happy either obviously :(

What?! :o I am so sorry, and shocked, to hear that. That's awful... I cannot believe they'd be able to do that for whatever reason. Right, what you must do tomorrow is phone Applause Store and explain the situation. You'll be given Priority Tickets for another show. Since you're obviously a fan of X Factor, I'd try and request to be put on a Live Show Priority Reserve List. Give it a try :)

I've just checked my emails, and I haven't been sent this.

I wonder how they chose who to take tickets from? How long ago were you successful in receiving the tickets? Have you yet printed the tickets off?

You say you were going on Sunday's show; perhaps they're having only cancelling Sunday tickets as it's not quite as short notice as those getting up tomorrow for it all. Either way, I think it's really bad and unjust that they'd be able to do this - Incredibly unprofessional.
  • Options
    mgiudamgiuda Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tomorrow the 6 chair challenge begins. I hope Lydia Lucy survives it this year. Ready for spoilers!!
  • Options
    seejay01462seejay01462 Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    What?! :o I am so sorry, and shocked, to hear that. That's awful... I cannot believe they'd be able to do that for whatever reason. Right, what you must do tomorrow is phone Applause Store and explain the situation. You'll be given Priority Tickets for another show. Since you're obviously a fan of X Factor, I'd try and request to be put on a Live Show Priority Reserve List. Give it a try :)

I've just checked my emails, and I haven't been sent this.

I wonder how they chose who to take tickets from? How long ago were you successful in receiving the tickets? Have you yet printed the tickets off?

You say you were going on Sunday's show; perhaps they're having only cancelling Sunday tickets as it's not quite as short notice as those getting up tomorrow for it all. Either way, I think it's really bad and unjust that they'd be able to do this - Incredibly unprofessional.

I think they were pretty sneaky the way they sent the email out too. It was sent at 6.05pm this evening. When I tried to call them I found that their office is open Mon-Fri from 10.30am-6pm ! This is a copy of the entire email:-

URGENT: SEAT CULL TICKET CANCEL!

Hi Chris Williams,

It is with the hugest possible regret that your tickets for this weekend's X FACTOR Boot Camp have been cancelled entirely at random due to a set change.

On arrival here at The SSE Arena today after seeing a new seating layout it is clear that we have no option but to cancel some ticket holders at random, and unfortunately, you are one of those selected!

There are less seats than on the original plan rendering us with too many people booked in, and not enough seats!

We understand just how frustrating this must be for you, but in order to avoid you having a wasted journey we have had to cancel your tickets.

The decision to cancel ticket holders is beyond our control, and is a decision we don't take lightly, especially with such short notice, but is due to the last minute changes often made in a TV recording such as this one.

WE PROMISE to email you as soon as The X Factor Live show tickets are released to ensure you get the first chance to request tickets to join us.

In the meantime, we once again, we apologise unreservedly for the last minute change to your plans.

All our best The Applause Store Team!

So annoying about the car park ticket too as I'm unable to get a refund on it!!!
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mgiuda wrote: »
    Tomorrow the 6 chair challenge begins. I hope Lydia Lucy survives it this year. Ready for spoilers!!

I hope so too, I had a bit of a crush on her last year. :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going down to Wembley tomorrow (eek :D) and have just opened up an X Factor Updates Twitter Account. I'll be tweeting a live stream of updates as the Chair Challenge gets underway, including pictures and videos ect. If you're fed up of waiting around for news, then give me a follow - I promise I'll be on the ball ;)

In other news; the judges have just been assigned their categories. Mel seems very pleased. Cheryl has joked that she'll be calling in sick tomorrow, as she doesn't like the idea of the Six Chair Challenge. In turn, she's confirmed that whichever category she's got will be performing tomorrow. It'll either be the groups of the girls in my opinion.
  • Options
    pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl seems to be dreading doing the 6 chair challenge tomorrow with her category judging by her twitter. She does seem a lot more invested into this years show than I thought she would :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    So I have a ticket for 6:30PM on Sunday. What time do you guys think I need to get there to collect tickets?
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pjh8 wrote: »
    Cheryl seems to be dreading doing the 6 chair challenge tomorrow with her category judging by her twitter. She does seem a lot more invested into this years show than I thought she would :)

She has said it herself, she was fed up in her final year and her heart wasn't in it, maybe th three year break will make a difference and she will be more invested this time around.

I have seen a couple comments on here from people saying she was surprisingly insightful with her comments this time around, so we'll see.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so ready for spoiler :)

I hope you guys have fun watching it live !!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Any word on who has what category yet?? Judging by MEl's insta pick she found out Late last night
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well judging by twitter it looks like Cheryl's category is:
    The boys
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well judging by twitter it looks like Cheryl's category is:
    The boys

Yep that's right. They're performing at 3 today
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another spoiler about today:
    second session today will be the overs
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So they keep the best for last .. I'm more excited for girls & groups ..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Girls and groups are tomorrow
  • Options
    WeekendDudeWeekendDude Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    Hey guys

Found this on twitter from some girl who is in the girls category

It's some of the girls at bootcamp. Lydia Lucy is in the picture and Also Amelia who was on The Voice Uk who battled against Rachel

https://twitter.com/saffsilva/status/498072388761051136
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys

Found this on twitter from some girl who is in the girls category

It's some of the girls at bootcamp. Lydia Lucy is in the picture and Also Amelia who was on The Voice Uk who battled against Rachel

https://twitter.com/saffsilva/status/498072388761051136

I can detect some people in there (from left to right)

1 - not sure but her face is similar
    2 - Saffron Silva
    3 - Abi Garrido
    4 - not sure
    5 - not sure
    6 - Lydia Lucy
    7 - not sure

if anyone knows other, feel free to complete them :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to tomorrows first session so will hopefully see the girls fingers crossed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to tomorrows first session so will hopefully see the girls fingers crossed.

finger crossed for you too !!!

hopefully, u can get all their names, particularly the girl whose name is Lola, she got alot of buzz from people on twitter and Simon Cowell called her potential winner. She's a country singer by the way based on a contestant said on Twitter. She looks around 20's.