Options

No folders on 1000s?

nanteosnanteos Posts: 78
Forum Member
I just got a 1000s to replace my foxsat HDR. Is it not possible to create folders in the recordings, to store your films in, for example?
Thanks anyone.

Comments

• Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only way to create folders on a freetime box is automatically from series recordings, for content recorded on the box.. Not sure if folders are possible when you upload external content which are stored on a partition that isn't encrypted
  • Options
    nanteosnanteos Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Thanks Graham, it was simply to put films etc., that were recorded on the box, into like I used to on the foxat. Bit of a disappointment, the recordings list must get pretty crowded.
  • Options
    Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if folders are possible when you upload external content which are stored on a partition that isn't encrypted
    They are on an HB1000S using a usb hard drive. I would imagine it's the same for an HDR 1000S too.

The inability to move recorded programmes into folders is a backward step imo. Sometimes if there's a recording clash I'll use a +1 channel on a certain day to continue a series and you end up with those programmes outside of the main series folder with no way to import them.
  • Options
    REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mickey_T wrote: »
    ...............The inability to move recorded programmes into folders is a backward step imo. Sometimes if there's a recording clash I'll use a +1 channel on a certain day to continue a series and you end up with those programmes outside of the main series folder with no way to import them.
    It is because the broadcaster uses a different CRID (series ID) from the +0.
  • Options
    Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    REPASSAC wrote: »
    It is because the broadcaster uses a different CRID (series ID) from the +0.
    Yes but on the Foxsat it used to just bundle them all into the same folder regardless. I realise that isn't what everyone wants or requires, but on the Foxsat you could just fire up File Explorer and manually move recordings wherever you wanted on the partition.

Shame there's no way of doing that on the 1000S.