Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway - starts Sat 21/2/2015 on ITV

Comments

• InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if itv repeated an episode from last year without you knowing would you be able to distinguish between the two, doubt it

Yeah that's my complaint. I actually like the show.. it's a bit of feel good TV and Ant & Dec are good at what they do. But it's annoying that they never take any risks and change things around. It's the same format every series now.
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, The 'win the ads' player has actually seen the TV programme that the ads have come from. That must be a first!
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grahamzxy wrote: »
    If viewers like it then that's what matters, a lot more people avoid Ant Dec than watch them - buts that's true of every show.

Personally I have never found their forced humour funny - but I know the odd person that does enjoy them...

they are just presenters not comedians
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The "ads" have nothing whatsoever to do with the ads shown during the TV Show (rolleyes)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah that's my complaint. I actually like the show.. it's a bit of feel good TV and Ant & Dec are good at what they do. But it's annoying that they never take any risks and change things around. It's the same format every series now.

oh don't say that you'll get shot down on here :D
  • AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree with this in some respects, but on the other hand they only do 7 episodes per year, so it's not like they're doing the same thing year in (as in the entire year) year out.
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with this in some respects, but on the other hand they only do 7 episodes per year, so it's not like they're doing the same thing year in (as in the entire year) year out.

And some of the features don't appear every week, so basically Undercover actually happens about 3 or 4 times, not exactly overkill!
  • FinalAnswer?FinalAnswer? Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it just smacks of laziness and appealing to the masses

Sounds like a certain sort of soap opera you are an avid fan of.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a certain sort of soap opera you are an avid fan of.

i might not an avid fan i just watched the lucy reveal :D clutching at straws LOL, don't take it so personally :)
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    That was a member of the public though, not a presenter (don't think you'd ever catch Mr. Edmonds doing an AvD style challenge) so it's up to them if they want to risk 'endangering' themselves. Not that they're ever in any real danger, there's no way ITV would allow it, seeing as they'd be dead in the water without Ant and Dec!

I thought that was Noel's House Party?
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    What was the ending sequence they did some time ago , a series or two back, where you could tell Ant & Dec put loads of work in? It may have been them playing instruments or singing in a different language or something, but it was obvious they had really worked hard at it.
    Forum Member
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    What was the ending sequence they did some time ago , a series or two back, where you could tell Ant & Dec put loads of work in? It may have been them playing instruments or singing in a different language or something, but it was obvious they had really worked hard at it.

Answering my own question,,I think it was Riverdance.
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Ant versus Dec. Today was an outdoor one so had to be more stage managed for health and safety reasons
  • BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    I wish they would ditch the "celebrity" uncover bit. It is patently obvious that it is a bit contrived. They clearly at the VERY least very highly suspect it is them cause of the obvious make up and voices or they downright are playing along.
  • jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At last something worth watching on a Saturday Night :p
    Forum Member
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Ant versus Dec. Today was an outdoor one so had to be more stage managed for health and safety reasons

No, I remembered it was this. Ruined only by the audience trying to clap along to music with an irregular time signature.
    http://youtu.be/AUqcm4k27rs
  • AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think they must put a lot of work into the majority of the end of show segments. For example, in one of their behind the scenes videos I can recall them saying that they started learning the piano in September (so that would be about 5 months of practice) for the one where they were fighting over playing it, plus they obviously have to juggle learning a variety of different skills for the various end of show shows. The drumming really impressed me last year too. I have no sense of rhythm so was watching it thinking that I could never learn to do that, no matter how many lessons I had!
    Forum Member
    I think they must put a lot of work into the majority of the end of show segments. For example, in one of their behind the scenes videos I can recall them saying that they started learning the piano in September (so that would be about 5 months of practice) for the one where they were fighting over playing it, plus they obviously have to juggle learning a variety of different skills for the various end of show shows. The drumming really impressed me last year too. I have no sense of rhythm so was watching it thinking that I could never learn to do that, no matter how many lessons I had!

It was the piano one! Thank you!
  • ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad the Photo Booth bit came back - that's a very good feature.

I enjoyed the random person from the crowd it more than normal.

I think it's time to ditch Undercover - they should just do the Celebrity ear one, which is far funnier and now more original. I think Ant V Dec might have had its day too. The time to stop it was probably when Ant finally won for the first time. If they're going to continue it I prefer the creative challenges where they do songs or have to learn something, etc. but they probably don't have time to prepare - in which case What's Next? would be better I think.

Overall a reasonable start to the series considering some of my favourite features like Singalong and Celebrity Ear weren't on.
  • Judge MentalJudge Mental Posts: 18,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ashley's hair? What's that all about!
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ashley's hair? What's that all about!

It looked Grey
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just finished watching it thought it was very good
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pericom wrote: »
    It shite.

Is this meant for adults on prime time TV ? A better fit would be CITV or some other kiddies channel.

It is not meant for Adults it is meant for the whole family - adults and kids
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Readingfan wrote: »
    I think it's time to ditch Undercover - they should just do the Celebrity ear one, which is far funnier and now more original.

Actually the Get Out of My Ear segment reminds me A LOT of this show: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impractical_Jokers . Not to say I don't like the segment (I love that kind of stuff) but, in my book, it's not original.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only thing that i don't like is the audience clapping over the voice over and music.