Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    HeavySaurusHeavySaurus Posts: 4,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This call I just picked up at work:

- Hello, may I speak to X?
    - He is on another call at the moment, can I take your details and get him to give you a ring back when he's available?
    - No that would be too late, you see, as I have his order here ready and it needs to be finalised. I don't know if they'll wait that long.

...ok. I wonder what he supposes I should do about that? Use some mind control tricks to get X to end his other call immediately?
  • Options
    cinnamon girlcinnamon girl Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This call I just picked up at work:

- Hello, may I speak to X?
    - He is on another call at the moment, can I take your details and get him to give you a ring back when he's available?
    - No that would be too late, you see, as I have his order here ready and it needs to be finalised. I don't know if they'll wait that long.

...ok. I wonder what he supposes I should do about that? Use some mind control tricks to get X to end his other call immediately?

That reminds me of a related work phone annoyance:

'When will he/she be free?'

How do I know how long someone else is going to be on the phone for? :confused: I've actually had people getting rather stroppy with me before for not being able to tell them!
  • Options
    NorwoodCemeteryNorwoodCemetery Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who are idiots on buses. That includes the classic moron who pays the driver their fare in coppers/Monopoly money, and cretins who bang on a stationary bus door, expecting to be let on at some random hectic junction crossing.

I saw one woman get on last week and hurriedly ask the driver "will it be long before you leave this stop?" What? Just get on the Christing bus and he'll pull away sooner!!!
  • Options
    HeavySaurusHeavySaurus Posts: 4,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That reminds me of a related work phone annoyance:

'When we he/she be free?'

How do I know how long someone else is going to be on the phone for? :confused: I've actually had people getting rather stroppy with me before for not being able to tell them!

Oh yeah, all the time. Or someone's gone to lunch or is in a meeting in town - "when will they be back?" I haven't got a clue! We don't have PAs, no one knows anyone's personal diary, they could be gone all day or stroll in in 5 minutes. The guess is yours.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    wampa1 wrote: »
    Not necessarily! In my old house, I stopped parking on my driveway after my cat was run over by some douchebag tearing down the road. By parking by the side of the road, traffic was forced to slow down. My neighbour did the same.

If you're having to sharply brake, you're going too fast.

No I'm sorry but if you have a huge double driveway next to your house, why not use it? It's just laziness for her to stop her car and run into the house and vice vera. I certainly don't go fast down my road but she parks just on the corner and when I move over to the other side to get past the amount of cars coming up the other side. You can't see whats coming round the corner.
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    The all new msn website, which I keep getting emails from.
    Seems to be celebrity obsessed guff,quit sending me this stuff already! The only reason I ever end up on their homepage is cus I'm with hotmail.
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fiona72 wrote: »
    The youngster that parks her car on the side of the road every day and won't park in her giant driveway. When I'm coming into the street iv had to sharply break as she parks right on the corner and I can't see whats coming round the bend. Just pure laziness!!! And the awful man across the road from me who has a hot tub, my bedroom looks on to his garden and some parties are on till 3 in the morning during the week!!! Any more he will be getting a lovely letter from the noise pollution dep lol

Write to your council. My neighbour is a great bloke, but because of lack of parking space around here he sometimes parks a bit near the corner, making turning into the road difficult. Someone dobbed him in to the council and now he has to park somewhere else.
    BTW, I suspect she doesn't use the drive because she might have to reverse out and she bl**dy well can't.
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hashtags. Yes, I know you use them for a reason on twitter, but why, oh why am I seeing them all over the place?

Or when people say the word hashtag in a face to face conversation
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hashtags. Yes, I know you use them for a reason on twitter, but why, oh why am I seeing them all over the place?

Same type of fad as using @ in things.
    George @ Asda
    Pets @ Home

Stuff like that gets me grumbling to myself.
  • Options
    Scotty_WaldenScotty_Walden Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or when people say the word hashtag in a face to face conversation

Hashtag awks
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    It's the election and phone goes asking for you to vote for them ( leaving a message :()..Rang before and i just picked it up and put the receiver down again :D
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you email a question to an online seller on Tuesday, and Saturday comes and (1) they still haven't replied and (2) it's too darn late now cos they're sold out of the item.

Then you see an eBayer selling a bunch at > x4 the price, begrudgingly decide to suck up the extra, then find the 28+ available got snapped up by people much faster than me.

Now the options left are to buy one at x8 the price or try a bidding war which I'd probably lose anyway.

And I thought free comic book day was going to be swell. :(
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    I seem to be cursed when it comes to handbags as whenever I buy a new one within a week or two the inner pocket will get a hole, thus leading all my stuff to travel into a black hole and disappear somewhere in the bag lining.
  • Options
    PatchbunclePatchbuncle Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ginger s*dding biscuits!!!!!

There are few rules in our house. However, there is a strict rule re ginger biscuits. That is - that they are kept in a separate tin. Otherwise every other biscuit will taste of bleeping ginger!!!!

I make an afternoon brew, looking forward to a chocolate digestive, only to find that a family member who will soon be up for adoption, has dumped the ginger offenders in with all the other biscuits.

I wouldn't mind but we don't even buy the things. My MiL gives us a pack or two everytime we see her, every flippin' time.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Ginger s*dding biscuits!!!!!

There are few rules in our house. However, there is a strict rule re ginger biscuits. That is - that they are kept in a separate tin. Otherwise every other biscuit will taste of bleeping ginger!!!!

I make an afternoon brew, looking forward to a chocolate digestive, only to find that a family member who will soon be up for adoption, has dumped the ginger offenders in with all the other biscuits.

I wouldn't mind but we don't even buy the things. My MiL gives us a pack or two everytime we see her, every flippin' time.

My mum does that too, drives me mad when we go to visit and everything tastes of ginger. What's worse is she'll do it when she visits us! "I've just brought some biscuits" and then dumps them in with the chocolate Hob-Nobs. Grrrrrrr! >:(
  • Options
    coldcomfortcoldcomfort Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Worse than the taint of ginger buscuits is butter ruined by some miscreant using the same knife they've had jam, Marmite or cheese on and poking it back into said butter.
    Toast crumbs in it is rank, too.
  • Options
    wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Person on the ground floor of my block of flats is a smoker and there is a mountain of cigarette butts piled high outside her window. FFS it's gross.
  • Options
    ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    People who call other people "mate" even if they don't know the person.

People who have the sniffles, and appear to not heard of a tissue. I'd rather blow my nose than sit around constantly sniffing.
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    The council
    Bad stomachs
    The bit of a herb I've had stuck in my teeth since Thursday despite brushing and mouth washing twice a day
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worse than the taint of ginger buscuits is butter ruined by some miscreant using the same knife they've had jam, Marmite or cheese on and poking it back into said butter.
    Toast crumbs in it is rank, too.

We have a self service thing at my work where you can make your own toast and that and some mornings it's like actual monkeys have been there before you. Loafs of bread left untied meaning the top few slices go hard, dirty knives in the clean knife tray, jam in the butter (someone using the same knife for both), crumbs everywhere. I don't know why as soon as people are out of their own homes they just stop giving a shit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bit of a herb I've had stuck in my teeth since Thursday despite brushing and mouth washing twice a day

Floss? Toothpick?
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Knowing you need to go to bed really early during a weekend. Doing so for the Manny-Mayweather fight.
  • Options
    coldcomfortcoldcomfort Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Knowing you need to go to bed really early during a weekend. Doing so for the Manny-Mayweather fight.

Whenever I try that Norwood, the specific reason to have an early night keeps me awake, but not long enough to watch whatever it is. Or, I'll go into such a deep sleep I won't wake up. Rarely works with me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whenever I try that Norwood, the specific reason to have an early night keeps me awake, but not long enough to watch whatever it is. Or, I'll go into such a deep sleep I won't wake up. Rarely works with me.
    Same, and the frustration is amplified on a weekend. I have a few people coming over so sleeping through definitely isn't the issue - but a restless night is likely.

Did consider just staying up - a few years too old to pull it off sadly :)
This discussion has been closed.