Options

Keisha Buchanan is suing over the continuation of the Sugababes name

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a205800/buchanan-sues-over-sugababes-name.html

Oh dear. Anyone else think this is going to get very messy? :eek::rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    lol she needs to move on but to me mutya & keisha's voices were the definitive sound of the sugababes.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I can see where she's coming from as there is not one original member left. But I think she should move on and forget about it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why has it taken her this long to sue? Surely she would of done it in the aftermath of her being forced out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    why not just get on with her solo career?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    why not just get on with her solo career?

Exactly! That would be the best way to show the current Sugababes girls what she's made of. Not by playing dirty tactics like this...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with her if this is true! I seriously do think Sugababes should be continued under a new name!
  • Options
    ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Keisha is signed to the same record label as the Sugababes, so I doubt this is true. I am sure Island Records have covered their backs when they forced her out and ensured that this sort of thing does not happen. Besides, it makes her look childish and petty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Keisha is signed to the same record label as the Sugababes, so I doubt this is true. I am sure Island Records have covered their backs when they forced her out and ensured that this sort of thing does not happen. Besides, it makes her look childish and petty.

This. She would still be a member of the sugababes if she hadn't have bullied members in the past.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sugababes would never of existed if it wasn't for Keisha, and remember it wasn't her choice to leave - she was forced out. If she had chose to leave then she wouldn't have an argument to contest the group's name, but I think under the circumstances she has every right to, especially with the way Heidi and Amelle acted.

But I can't see the current line-up lasting much longer anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure how true this is. Keishas still signed to the same label and management so I'm sure that they would stop any legal action. It was probably a condition of Keisha getting her solo deal that she wouldn't sue them.

As we all know the sugababes new album is out next week and I think this is just story which has been created to create publicity.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kutox wrote: »
    Sugababes would never of existed if it wasn't for Keisha, and remember it wasn't her choice to leave - she was forced out. If she had chose to leave then she wouldn't have an argument to contest the group's name, but I think under the circumstances she has every right to, especially with the way Heidi and Amelle acted.

But I can't see the current line-up lasting much longer anyway.

Actually, Keisha bullied Siobhan (sp?) and Amelle, so it was the way Keisha acted.

and the current line up is one of the best, if not the best, they've ever had, IN MY OPINION.
  • Options
    DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    This just proves she is a bully.
  • Options
    musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I don't blame her for suing. Go Keisha. Pay back's a bitch.
  • Options
    Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, I'm not surprised she's doing this, if true. The whole existence of the group is now being portrayed by 3 different girls than the ones who first invented the name and style of the group, and they won't be getting any further rewards from future success of this group, unlike manufactured ones from reality-based shows, where the creators can still reap some benefits.
  • Options
    musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    By the way, i don't think any members have any right to call Keisha a bully. Has it been proven? No.

If she bullied Siobahan, then why is she now in contact with her. She speaks to both her and Mutya.
  • Options
    GoldeyfishGoldeyfish Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i dont think its true
    as already mentioned shes still signed to the samerecord label,
    but if it is than Go Girl
    it was her band, she's credited as co writeing a huge amount of their back catlouge, and started and named the band while still a school girl..if the band wanted to continue they should have changed their name..
    a band without an orignal founding member is ridiculious,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    depends if she copyrighted the name.
    Makes me wonder why mutya never tried to sue either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    To be honest all these comments are a tad unfair to kiesha. Whatever that has happened SHE hasn't spoken out about what happened, yet the sugarbabes barely do an interview without talking about here so who here need to actually let it go???

Plus I'm sure she won't really mind as she wrote so many of the songs she probably makes more money out of the sugarbabes doing nothing!! She probably loves the fact they sing the songs so much, apparently she is very business savvy so she probably has the name trademarked.

Personally the sugarbabes have a single to promote I think the likelihood they realeased this is bloody high!!
  • Options
    Dan SDan S Posts: 1,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if its true then how pathetic!!
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan S wrote: »
    if its true then how pathetic!!

Pathetic? Having 3 girls continue a band that none of them had a hand in creating and propelling to the big time? Using the name that she and Mutya thought up, and making money off it?

I'm surprised she hasn't sued sooner.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    Hope this is true. GO ON KIESHA! They (so called Sugababes) will be left with no credibility will no longer be classed as the biggest UK girlband because their past songs will be by the Sugababes and not the new ones, even their new album (inc Get Sexy, About A Girl and Wear My Kiss). HAHA
  • Options
    chrisagw4chrisagw4 Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to me that she maybe thought the sugababes would fail so she left them to embarass themselves. To be fair there were so many people saying they were going to boycott the band and I think anyone would get the impression that they would fail so I see why she thought that.

Version 4.0 and their singles have done better than all bar one of Version 3.0 last two albums. Change only managed to get one song of the three released into the top 10. Catfights only got one of the two. Sweet 7 has had three out of three released. So I think maybe Keisha now realises that the aren't doing half bad and does want to make them pay. I think if this is the reason then its petty and childish. She should keep a dignified silence and continue with her solo album. Stories like this make it easier to believe she is the 'bitch and bully' she was portrayed as.
  • Options
    funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,350
    Forum Member
    Keisha didn't seem to care how Siobhan and Mutya felt......

Heidi is a Sugababe and so is Amelle.
  • Options
    kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    musicdude wrote: »
    By the way, i don't think any members have any right to call Keisha a bully. Has it been proven? No.

If she bullied Siobahan, then why is she now in contact with her. She speaks to both her and Mutya.

She's admitted herself to bullying Heidi. It wouldn't surprise me if she'd done the same to Amelle and Siobhan, she seems like the type. Of course its difficult to prove those kind of accusations, but I don't see why Amelle would lie about it. Besides it was Amelle and Heidi who quit the group initially, so they must have had a good reason.

Keisha talking about Heidi:

"I was a complete bitch to Heidi at first because I just couldn't get over the fact that we had been working hard from the age of 12 and then this girl comes from nowhere and has it handed to her on a plate. I made her life hell, to the point that she wanted to go home."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/jealous-buchanan-made-sugababe-bandmates-life-hell_1045108

Siobhan talking about Keisha:

"There was no doubt that I was pushed out. It was clear that there was someone in that band who never wanted me in it and that’s Keisha. She never wanted me in that band and made my life a living hell. I’ll never forgive her. Though no-one forgives that first bully in their lives, do they? No-one does."

http://www.heatworld.com/Entertainment/Music/2009/09/Sugababe-Siobhan-Bully-Keisha-made-my-life-a-living-hell/
  • Options
    soapgirlheresoapgirlhere Posts: 2,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see why she would want them to change their name, because they are no longer the Sugababes at all as no original members are left.