I swear Cheryl was autotuned!!

iluvdanniiiluvdannii Posts: 3,147
Forum Member
✭✭✭
When watching her perforance it sounded so autotuned and robotic???

Was she using autotune do u think!!!?

Comments

• Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no shit sherlock.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that too.
  • jillserjillser Posts: 725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Duh...
  • i_am_a_gremlini_am_a_gremlin Posts: 3,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    as if she would ever "sing" live...ppffftttt
  • chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    no shit sherlock.

Haha! I'm not sure personally. It wouldn't surprise me of course! But so far, I just think she had pre-recorded a version and sang a few lines semi-live.

It certainly was not 100% live.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    Apparently you can have an autotuned mic while still singing live. no joke.
  • JC_GTA2010JC_GTA2010 Posts: 2,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She probably was and your point?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    She wasn't even singing live... was she?
    I thought I noticed one part sung live but the rest wasn't.
  • SickPuppy21SickPuppy21 Posts: 4,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was auto tuned, they can be used live as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They didn't want Saint Cheryl to mess up did they lol
  • iluvdanniiiluvdannii Posts: 3,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sounded like when they used autotune at the auditions
  • iluvdanniiiluvdannii Posts: 3,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JC_GTA2010 wrote: »
    She probably was and your point?

I dnt have a point it's just that it was very noticeable which after auto-tune gate I thought she and x factor would have steered well away from autotune plus when she sang FFTL it didn't sound like that!!!!!!
  • DianeDiane Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh for gods sake give her a break !!!!!!
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What are you talking about? Cheryl was NOT autotuned. Cheryl DOES NOT need autotune. When you have a talent like Cheryl, you don't want to hide it under layers of fakeness. You just want to let her natural abilities shine through - and shine through they did!

Cheryl is one of the very few great, raw talents that this country has ever produced. Autotuning Cheryl would be like dubbing over the Beatles AND YOU ALL KNOW IT!!!
  • jon41jon41 Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Daily Mail as usual are running with the fact her performance was pre recorded before the show and claims she mimed

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1323393/X-Factor-2010-Cheryl-Cole-sets-pulses-racing-sexy-performance.html
    She dishes out her frank assessment of people's live singing ability on a weekly basis.

But there were doubts last night from fans of the show that her own singing would pass her own high standards.

Despite strenuous denials from the programme there were claims on the internet that the Girls Aloud singer appeared to mime parts of her performance.

What fans at home were not told is that her entire performance was recorded before the show started. It appeared to viewers that she was performing the song live. But in reality her routine had been recorded in front of the studio audience about an hour before the show began.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iluvdannii wrote: »
    I dnt have a point it's just that it was very noticeable which after auto-tune gate I thought she and x factor would have steered well away from autotune plus when she sang FFTL it didn't sound like that!!!!!!

Oh please. If you are trying to show your anger by using loads of exclamations then don't bother. But to me it sounds like it is one of those threads to try give her a hard time and allow people to say bad things about it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was autotuned and mimed in the majority of her performance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    What are you talking about? Cheryl was NOT autotuned. Cheryl DOES NOT need autotune. When you have a talent like Cheryl, you don't want to hide it under layers of fakeness. You just want to let her natural abilities shine through - and shine through they did!

Cheryl is one of the very few great, raw talents that this country has ever produced. Autotuning Cheryl would be like dubbing over the Beatles AND YOU ALL KNOW IT!!!

If you don't like cheryl's voice fair enough, but do you really need to milk it and be that sarcastic about how bad you must think her voice is. There is no need for it, I actually think she has an ok voice.
  • PhoenixPhoenix Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    I don't think she would have been autotuned because I think I recall someone from ITV said there would be no more autotuning on the X-Factor.
  • saxman25osaxman25o Posts: 3,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D

Oh dear splitting my sides with laughter!
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JC_GTA2010 wrote: »
    If you don't like cheryl's voice fair enough, but do you really need to milk it and be that sarcastic about how bad you must think her voice is. There is no need for it, I actually think she has an ok voice.

I actually don't hate Cheryl's voice. She's not a wonderful singer, but she's not dreadful, either. Her music is ok on in the background in a club.

Its just a bit of humour, mainly because its Sunday night and I'm bored! No need to blow a fuse over it! If you like her then nothing I say will make any difference. It won't upset Cheryl either, who's likely to make tons of money off that song.

TBH, I've lost all consideration of X Factor as anything other than a great big - abeit entertaining - joke. Consequently, I'm just having fun with the whole general "scandal" that flies about this year. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually don't hate Cheryl's voice. She's not a wonderful singer, but she's not dreadful, either. Her music is ok on in the background in a club.

Its just a bit of humour, mainly because its Sunday night and I'm bored! No need to blow a fuse over it! If you like her then nothing I say will make any difference. It won't upset Cheryl either, who's likely to make tons of money off that song.

TBH, I've lost all consideration of X Factor as anything other than a great big - abeit entertaining - joke. Consequently, I'm just having fun with the whole general "scandal" that flies about this year. :D

Ok sorry, :D

I am trying to have fun but stepped back a bit as i got reported the other day:rolleyes:
  • trollfacetrollface Posts: 13,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phoenix wrote: »
    I don't think she would have been autotuned because I think I recall someone from ITV said there would be no more autotuning on the X-Factor.

Was this the same person from ITV who denied that there had been any Autotuning in the first place?
  • AntoniaAAntoniaA Posts: 6,640
    Forum Member
    I think she probably was, looked like it to me. Not a big deal. It was a good performance though I preferred her last year's hit.
  • Anonymous2009Anonymous2009 Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    She was auto tuned, they can be used live as well.

No it can't be used live. She was autotuned but to make the recording sound as live as possible it was recorded live then autotuned. She then mimed. She did the same last year.