Pete Burns Declared Bankrupt After Spending Thousands On Surgery

Comments

• rusty robotrusty robot Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    AbbieJay wrote: »
    Pete before and after http://plasticsurgeryfact.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Pete-Burns-Plastic-Surgery-Before-and-After.jpg

I think he has issues (he says he has surgery is for sanity not vanity) resulting from things like his mother being alcoholic and him having to parent her. I can't find any info on whether his father was around - does anyone know?

Um, that's band member Steve Coy in the before photo.
  • AbbieJayAbbieJay Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    No wonder he looks different then. It's on google as his before and after photo. :D
  • Ann_TennaAnn_Tenna Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    I think people like Pete must suffer from body dysmorphic disorder and need psychological help.

I agree with you.

I found this article a little earlier on this morning:

Pete Burns Is Evicted From Flat

That really is sad.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ann_Tenna wrote: »
    I agree with you.

That really is sad.

Pretty sad for the Landlord left out of pocket too. I appreciate that Burns has issues, but that poor landlord has suffered near ruin and a breakdown simply by virtue of not getting a bean of his money.
    Forum Member
    I was wondering why the landlord let Pete Burn's debt rise to 34,000K? It's one thing to feel sorry for someone, but business is business!
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    I agree with you.

That really is sad.

Indeed it is. To be £34,000 out of pocket and suffering from stress because your tenant would rather blow the rent he owes you on turning himself into some kind of freakshow must be difficult. Hope he gets his money.
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    I was wondering why the landlord let Pete Burn's debt rise to 34,000K? It's one thing to feel sorry for someone, but business is business!

The article said he was understanding of Pete's problems. I guess he was simply taken advantage of.
  • Lucy Van PeltLucy Van Pelt Posts: 11,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anyone remember this first time round?

http://theredradio.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/03/vintage-morrissey-and-pete-burns-.html

Sadly the link to the actual interview is no longer available

I assume they stopped being buddy's years ago, Mozza wouldn't rub noses with someone who flaunts wearing a coat made of an endangered species.

Also I don't recall Mozza mentioning Pete Burns in his autobiography
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No offence to the Frankenstein Monster but that's what he's basically become. :eek:

https://s2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/Wg4YwegoGlRYgQxnXUqWIQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/omg/2015-04-21/4d96f710-e804-11e4-938c-57421dd51d37_pete-burns-new.jpg

Best known for his 1985 hit You Spin Me Round, Pete also made a memorable appearance on the 2006 series of Celebrity Big Brother before stepping back from the limelight.

Back in 2009, he won £450,000 in an out of court settlement after he fell victim to a botched lip surgery.

https://uk.celebrity.yahoo.com/gossip/omg/pete-burns-declared-bankrupt-after-spending-thousands-on-surgery-090801138.html

I think he looks completely weird. I agree with other posters that say that he can't be happy when he sees his face in the mirror. I can't understand why he wanted facial surgery for. His face looks a complete and utter mess now. In fact, forget now, it looked a mess when he appeared on Celebrity Big Brother. His face just looks an absolute mess!
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe he kept saying he'd get the money, now with bankruptcy things changed.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    idlewilde wrote: »
    Indeed it is. To be £34,000 out of pocket and suffering from stress because your tenant would rather blow the rent he owes you on turning himself into some kind of freakshow must be difficult. Hope he gets his money.

& somebody that got £450k in an out of court settlement for botched surgery.

Difficult to muster much sympathy really, although he is a fairly tragic figure.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He looks a bit like Cher!
  • AchtungAchtung Posts: 10,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No doubt he'll shack up with ex wife Lynne or drummer Steve.
  • ARYMARYM Posts: 1,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He really does come across as odious.

Maybe he could sell some of that overpriced tat from Vivienne Westwood he is always in to repay his debts.

Sorry I just think he is NAFF
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meh, basically a one hit wonder who no one would remember if he hadn't turned his face into a human freakshow.
    Nasty, self obsessed piece of work without an ounce of compassion in his botched up body
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Meh, basically a one hit wonder who no one would remember if he hadn't turned his face into a human freakshow.
    Nasty, self obsessed piece of work without an ounce of compassion in his botched up body

I could never understand why he took against Traci Bingham so much on CBB :confused: calling her repugnant. Poor lass looked baffled, she pleasantly harmless. He was witty but he ain't no Boy George. Doesn't have the talent for Diva status and Boy George can laugh at himself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweetums wrote: »
    Looks like something out of a horror film. The likes of Pete Burns and Leslie Ash should be enough to put everyone off even considering plastic surgery, yet it's just getting more and more popular. :(

For all the bad one's there's millions who get it done everyday and are done well. most actors and singers have had a rhinoplasty and a little adjustment here and there a lot wont admit it but you can easily see from their high school pictures lol. if the work is good you won't even notice or be able to tell.
    Forum Member
    & somebody that got £450k in an out of court settlement for botched surgery.

Difficult to muster much sympathy really, although he is a fairly tragic figure.

I believe that he's got body dysmorphic order, as another member mentioned, and I feel badly that he does.

I understand your point of view as well, because he comes across as being arrogant and cruel sometimes. Still, it could be his coping mechanism.

I watched an interview featuring Pete Burns on You Tube, and he's his usual conceited self, blow-harding away until one snippet in which and looks vulnerable, the last minute or so of this vid:

That's when his human side emerges.
  • Cassie..Cassie.. Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would have been a perfect casting for American Horror Story: Freak show.
    Forum Member
    He looks a bit like Cher!

He really does, in many photos, doesn't he?

I also think that he resembles The Bride Of Wildenstein, another plastic surgery addict:

Another person who was good-looking, IMO, before the onslaught of plastic surgery.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel a bit sorry for Pete. He comes across as having a personality defect where he will be uncompromising no matter what. That might have got him chart success earlier on in his career for his single-minded determination but I would say that's also damaged his career and life. He just doesn't seem to have a no button. Surely someone would have said along the way that he needed to stop with the surgery. Isn't there any code of conduct that surgeons need to adhere to if they are faced with a patient who appears to have an addiction to changing their face?
  • acid rainacid rain Posts: 6,997
    Forum Member
    Leslie Ash didn't get as much sympathy as him.

Why feel sorry for Pete? I'm a compassionate person but he proved himself to be a nasty, bullying sexist when he was on Big Brother.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    acid rain wrote: »
    Why feel sorry for Pete? I'm a compassionate person but he proved himself to be a nasty, bullying sexist when he was on Big Brother.

Oh come on, he was only in there for a couple of weeks and playing up to the nasty guy image I'm sure he knew the public would judge him as anyway. You can't base your whole view of someone from one show. He was also on Pete's PA not long after Big Brother and he was gutted and often moved to genuine tears every time someone had to be evicted from the process.
  • acid rainacid rain Posts: 6,997
    Forum Member
    Achtung wrote: »
    Oh come on, he was only in there for a couple of weeks and playing up to the nasty guy image I'm sure he knew the public would judge him as anyway. You can't base your whole view of someone from one show. He was also on Pete's PA not long after Big Brother and he was gutted and often moved to genuine tears every time someone had to be evicted from the process.

Because he didn't seem to express any remorse after sociopathically bullying two contestants to tears.

As for the other show, maybe he can turn his tears on and off like a tap. Selective empathy.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Achtung wrote: »

I wouldn't be surprised if he was playing up to a nasty guy image. It certainly looked as if he was trying to be as nasty as hell about Jodie Marsh back then.