The Apprentice Series 9 Premiere - 'Container/Beer' 7th, 8th May - 9pm, BBC One

1666768697072»

Comments

• chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tim looks good and hot on Matt Edmonson's clip. Yummy.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The boys won because their retail selling was significantly better than the girls' and retail selling means higher profit margins as trade buyers are going to add their own mark-up so can't buy for the same price.
    True. Here are the numbers:

Team: Women Men
    Trade: £492.00 £284.98
    Public: £555.69 £1147.98
    Costs: -£648.67 -£601.40
    Total: £399.02 £831.56

So the costs weren't much different. If losing two barrels mattered at all, it was through having less to sell. The men's team made nearly all their money from the public.
    Tim fails at correcting either error - but then how was he meant to know more himself?
    He didn't have to be better at quantities himself. I do think he failed to assign that job to the right person. Even if he didn't know Francesca's strengths and weaknesses before, he should also have realised she was struggling and reassigned someone else (eg, the doctor).

Nor do I blame him for making the same initial mistake about the venue that Rebecca did. Both were just going from the brochure. However, when he arrived, they could see what it was like and that was a point I think he could have cut his losses. He knew more than Rebecca then (Rebecca was off selling to trade). Even if some unstated task rule only permitted two locations, he could have switched earlier rather than later.

And then picking a wine-bar to sell beer just seems brain-dead.
    Tim deserved to get fired because he was an ineffectual leader, and when it comes to the crunch, someone has to have screwed up big-time before Lord Sugar will get rid of them before he gets rid of the Team Leader.
    I think it's the other way around. He doesn't fire the team leader if he has much of a choice. He'll often fire someone for apparently doing nothing at all, rather than a team leader who has made obvious mistakes.

Tim got fired partly because he really was that bad, and partly because the task was in what should have been his area of expertise.