Changing phone number / reactivating account

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
Forum Member
Hello,

My dad has just moved into this house and wants to reactivate sky broadband (my mum, his ex, cancelled it last month when she moved out) the broadband was paid up untill today and was told we will have 10days before the internet cannot be completely used.

My dad wants to transfer his old home number to this house, as he needs it for his business..

I just want to know, if we changed the phone number, will this effect our broadband service? Persuming we get it activated on the current number that is.

Comments

• bubblegunbubblegun Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Getox wrote: »
    Hello,

My dad has just moved into this house and wants to reactivate sky broadband (my mum, his ex, cancelled it last month when she moved out) the broadband was paid up untill today and was told we will have 10days before the internet cannot be completely used.

My dad wants to transfer his old home number to this house, as he needs it for his business..

I just want to know, if we changed the phone number, will this effect our broadband service? Persuming we get it activated on the current number that is.

Okay if you're changing the phone number then DO NOT order broadband until the the line is listed at the new postcode. Otherwise its gonna get ordered on the old number then there will be an unsolicited pstn cancel on the old account when it stops. Which will take 2 weeks to clear. You'll have to wait this long before you can order sky BB.

Keeping the same number from a different address is always gonna mess things up!

(TBH I don't see peoples problems with changing tel number)