Is your home water flooded?

exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
Forum Member
Not seen a thread so I thought I'd ask and see how you're coping and how long you've been flooded for?

Comments

• shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Water flooded, which is different to other types of flooding
  • housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    Not seen a thread so I thought I'd ask and see how you're coping and how long you've been flooded for?

No thank god but my son lives near Worcester and some of his wife's family are, one sister and children are sleeping whith them the other with her mom :(
  • HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not yet..but flooding in the field behind me has been slowly creeping up to the car park behind the block of maisonettes where I live. Was a few yards away from the car park yesterday..now its right up to a ditch between the car park and field, which is supposed to drain away flood water, but is already brimming, blocked by the tree debris and general rubbish from the recent winds.
    Once the water breeches the car park the bottom floor flats are flooded...I'm lucky I live on the first floor flat I suppose.
    Supposed to be someone clearing the ditch next week, but by then..probably to late.
  • grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    I know God was apparently pissed off with Gay marriage, but this is a long time to hold a grudge.
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    shackfan wrote: »

Well I had a chocolate flood once but that was quite pleasurable :p

My Grampy's garden backs onto a river so it is completely flooded, I don't think it's reached the house yet (it's a very big garden), I need to check that.
  • Terry NTerry N Posts: 5,262
    Forum Member
    If your house gets flooded does your insurance cover it? :confused:
  • housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    grauniad wrote: »
    I know God was apparently pissed off with Gay marriage, but this is a long time to hold a grudge.

Why:confused:
  • HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blame those pesky foreigners...The weather man says the storms are due to weather conditions in Indonesian.

Translate to Daily mail headline

"Bad weather caused by Indonesians".
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    shackfan wrote: »

Yes well I wasn't going to simply say flooded because some smart alec would come along and say flooded with what, can't win huh :D
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What are you all like.:D

And no, no flooding here, of any sort.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Double post
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    What are you all like.:D

And no, no flooding here, of any sort.

No flooding here either but the ground is saturated.
  • flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am high and dry, with the Thames below.

I really feel for those with the long haul ahead of getting their lives back to normal.
  • Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No flooding, but the main river running through the city is getting pretty close. We have tones of sand all along the roads by the beach front though because of the wind.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    no i`m on a bit of a rise but just down the road had water to their steps pumped out at the weekend, we`re nowhere near the river.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    No flooding here either but the ground is saturated.

Yep, my garden is pretty treacherous! Doesn't help that the chickens have been scratching away at it..it's a mudbath in places.
  • kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No but garden very soggy, much to the joy of 4 year old who told me yesterday that if she put her foot in the grass it made a puddle, and much to irritation of all 3 cats.